Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

steve keen

13»

Comments

• Options
    Watching MOTD tonight and I really think that Keane comes across in a really dignified manor (as he has done all season). Are the Blackburn fans starting to lay off him? Yakubu looks an inspired signing.
    I like Steve Keane and agree with you in thinking he comes accross as a real dignified bloke.
  • Options
    Update on the Allardyce v Keane row

news.sky.com/home/article/16228548
  • Options
    How pathetic. Kean has made some "disparaging remarks" so Allardyce is suing him?

Where have all the cowboys gone.
  • Options
    I heard he stitched Allardyce up for the job in the first place.

Theo Foley was saying they had a reserve game against Charlton a while back when Theo was in charge and as soon as they turned up Steve Kean was asking to delay kick off because the players "would refuse to play for at least 45 minutes as they needed to rest before commencing their warmup"

Theo said he was a horrible, arrogant little man

• Options
    How is this lawsuit worthy? Steve Kean can say pretty much what he likes about Sam Allardyce, unless he present those personal opinions as fact and the comments are made is public, or published, then what is he exactly guilty of? Sam didn't sue the beeb when they basically accused him of being as bent as a nine bob note, and I doubt anything Kean could say would be worse.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    There's a bit of bad language in this, but hearing him talk about Alladyce is pretty funny.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xcB9XfLjL8
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Just listened to Oohaah's VT. Keane says on 1m 47 secs, that Allardyce is an effin crook. I would say that is slanderous. Interesting.
  • Options
    Whoever took that footage of Steve Keane talking in a Private conversation and put on Youtube is a slime ball and the lowest form of life. Hate the man all you like for his management skills ( or lack of them) but to stitch him up like that is despicable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just listened to Oohaah's VT. Keane says on 1m 47 secs, that Allardyce is an effin crook. I would say that is slanderous. Interesting.
    99% of the world must be bricking a potential lawsuit from Harry Rednkapp then! ;-)

• Options
    Whoever took that footage of Steve Keane talking in a Private conversation and put on Youtube is a slime ball and the lowest form of life. Hate the man all you like for his management skills ( or lack of them) but to stitch him up like that is despicable.
    Absolutely right.
  • Options
    Kean was obviously recorded without his consent in a private conversation and there was alcohol involved. Surely he's allowed to have a personal opinion on Allardyce and be allowed to share that to who he wants in a private situation and (seemingly) off the record. How many times has some one thats connected with charlton told various posters here that "so and so is a horrible man" etc off the record? Kean was just unlucky that some toad was filming this with a cameraphone.
  • Options
    Yes, but there's a difference between saying someone is horrible & they are a crook.
    What would we have thought if Les Reed had said that Dowie was a crook, just after Dowie had been sacked ?
  • Options
    Yes, but there's a difference between saying someone is horrible & they are a crook.
    What would we have thought if Les Reed had said that Dowie was a crook, just after Dowie had been sacked ?
    in a private discussion, it doesnt matter?
  • Options
    Proabably something along the lines of "Fair play uncle les feck the palace ****....now get out there and spank Wycombe and lead us to cup glory. "

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Steve Kean reminds me more and more of Les Reed with every game.

Like us that year, I don't think the squad deserves to stay up. For Darren Bent, they have Yakubu. No other striker can score. They don't have the strength in depth to cover injuries like we didn't (see their defence at the moment), but most importantly, he's lost the support of the press and therefore fans, as it creates a negative vibe around the club.

Not sure if anyone could do a better job than him though given what they want, and I certainly wouldn't think Shearer (the current favourite) could.

As for whether Venky's have serious money? They haven't spent it, and we all thought Ali al-Faraj was minted for Pompey, but it turned out he didn't exist. Its easy to claim wealth when coming from a foreign land, but less easy to spend money you don't have. In fact, it don't half make me appreciate even more the new owners we ended up with. Not here for the profile, and making sound decisions for footballing reasons.
    Forgotten I'd said this in December. I've never been so prophetic! Only wrong part was that Hoillett started scoring along with Yakubu.

As for the video, yes it was a personal conversation, but he knew he was chatting with fans. At best, it'd be reported to other fans, if not on forums. Pretty stupid to express such opinions with random people
  • Options
    in a private discussion, it doesnt matter?
    It wasn't totally private was it ? It was a fan's meeting I believe.

If Richard Murray calls Iain Dowie a crook tomorrow night at Bromley, I'd say he was on dodgy ground, wouldn't you ?
  • Options
    To be fair he'll probably just call him a c**t.... an ugly one at that
  • Options
    A big silly, but it'd take a lot to build a civil case out of that methinks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't know about Big Sam taking him to court for saying what he said.

Maybe the fans should file a lawsuit too after him claiming he'll finish top 10 and win the league cup.

The only way they're gonna be in a wembley cup final is when they have their "big day out" for a cup that's sponsored by a paint manufactuer...........................................
  • Options
    It is quite funny that he said they were going to win the Carling Cup but then admitted to 'forfeiting' the Quarter Finals when they went out.
  • Options
    To be fair he'll probably just call him a c**t.... an ugly one at that
    He'll be on reasonably safe ground then!