Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the Year so far...

Comments

• Options
    Solly but the way he is playing could be Kermit before too long
  • Options
    In this order (it was very hard to choose):

Wiggins
    Kermorgant 
    Solly
    Hollands
    BWP
    Morrison/Taylor 
    Jackson (would be higher up if he wasn't injured)
  • Options
    BWP/Morrison for me. Wiggins is great, but his contribution doesn't come to close to BWP's goals or Morrison's solidity for me.
  • Options
    Half the season gone, and still we can't pick the best player. Shows how good we are doing that everybody is unable to pick one standout player!

• Options
    Players Marks give it to Yann but for me it is most of them
    Hamer seems to improve with every game
    Solly just special
    Morrie and Taylor what a partnership
    Wiggins has just been speciality great defending plus some assists and that goal at Spotland
    Hollands and Stephens make a great midfield partnership
    Yann And BWP are becoming quite a striking force.
    JJ we're not the same without him

The there is the management team that put this lot together and get them to play so well most of the time.

Oh yes also a mention for Hughes who does the simple things so well.
  • Options
    What about 2011 as a whole? 
  • Options
    Wiggins just edges it for me, but as Mr Stonemuse states the Kermit is closing fast. I think Kermit coming into the side really pushed us to an extra level, scored some crucial goals (sheff utd, Huddersfield)
  • Options
    Rhoys Wiggins
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Robbie Ellliot

Seriously a difficult choice and a case could be made for any of the back 4, Hollands, JJ, BWP and Kermorgant.
  • Options
    I agree with what most everyone has said with regards to the top several players. I think if I had to really choose though I'd say Hollands as we've seen that when he doesn't control the midfield we struggle to create so many chances and the opposition find it easier to build up a head of steam and attack. We suffer most if he's off form compared to anyone else. He defends, creates and scores, total legend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Robbie Ellliot

agreed a true charlton fan who selflessly left for the betterment of our club
  • Options

bwp

kermy

rhoys

jacko

• Options

Several worthy candidates, but Wiggins has been excellent and looks destined for greater things.

A genuine international prospect IMO.

• Options
    What about 2011 as a whole? 
    Well then it's got to be Nouble!
  • Options

bwp

• Options
    S-Dog....Mr Consistency....unrivalled in a very good team.
  • Options
    Impossible to say.  Hollands and Wiggins's quality, Morrison for consistency.  Kermo for heart.  BWP is the player we most miss if he's not there or not firing.  Wonderful problem to have.  Another half season like this and it will be one of my favourite seasons ever.
  • Options
    Really difficult choice for all the reasons listed above. However, I would plump for Solly. Phenomenal work rate and consistently wins balls that he should not I think he is terrific.

• Options
    Solly.
  • Options
    Surely player of the year is the player of 2011, which would be BWP followed by JJ.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So many to choose from, but I'll go for Solly at the moment as he's not put a foot wrong all season (although I thought he went missing a bit against Stevenage).
  • Options
    Solly
  • Options
    So many to choose from, but I'll go for Solly at the moment as he's not put a foot wrong all season (although I thought he went missing a bit against Stevenage).
    Still dont know why we put Morrison right back that match
  • Options
    Seen 5 games and 5 wins (mainly comfortable) but Morrison has been outstanding.
  • Options
    Toughest one for many seasons.

I would say bwp for his goals for now.
  • Options
    Player so far? Probably bwp for his goals but it really has been a team effort. Back four. Hollands. JJ. Big Yann.
    Green a little bit disappointing (he needs a goal).
  • Options
    Alonso.
  • Options
    FOD makes a good point...
  • Options
    One of the Racing Post's Ten To Follow from the lower Leagues:

"should be playing at a higher level.............but at the perfect Club to learn his trade under Addicks boss Chris Powell"
  • Options
    Danny Hollands.

Outstanding as the holding player when Stephens was in the side, he effortlessly switched to a more attacking role when Hughes/Russell came in. Whatever he's been asked to do, he's done it with ease.

He'd get my vote, but plenty of others have strong cases, too.