Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yeovil v Charlton Post Match Views & News (comments in blue from those there)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Yeah he's only got 14 this season. Useless. *rolls eyes*
    he just scores goals :-)
  • Options

Fantastic result well done to the team and supporters BUT he still cant score roll on Jan

Hope CP is going to the sales striker needed not a sulker

should change your username to pottyphil.
  • Options
    Not many ratings on the ratings thread. Disappointing.

I was at the game but it can be very difficult to rate players if you don't have a decent view of every player and every position. I will do it if I have to but unless you're watching on tv and have the benefit of replays etc I don't see how each player can be fairly rated.
  • Options
    Not many ratings on the ratings thread. Disappointing.

I was at the game but it can be very difficult to rate players if you don't have a decent view of every player and every position. I will do it if I have to but unless you're watching on tv and have the benefit of replays etc I don't see how each player can be fairly rated.
    Blimey,did not know you were supposed to be fair, is that a new rule?
  • Options
    Not quite sure what is meant by the above comment. I detect sarcasm but apologies if it's sincere. But for example, I thought Danny Green had a great game, thought Hogan Ephriam was very good as well. But if asked about Matt Taylor or Chris Solly I wouldn't know what to tell you because when we did most of our defending it was up the other end so iv got no idea how each individual defender performed in the second half. (except Morrison because he spent so much time in Yeovil's box). Fuck it I feel like doing it now but it's far from an exact science.
  • Options
    Was at the game with my good lady wife and my little boy modelling his new away strip, 1st time to Huish Park, a tidy little ground. Well I thought we dominated the game for long periods, especially before they scored with their first attack, poor defending for that goal, but we didn't get flustered carried on the same and got a great equaliser from hollands. We carried on with the same momentum until half time and were unlucky not to go in front before half time as I believed we deserved to be in front. Then the 2nd half starts with some more undecisive defending and they score again. I still felt we had it in us to go on and still win the game and once we scored a fantastic equaliser from kermogant(which my wife and I said before he took the free kick 'we never score from free kicks') we stepped up a gear and I thought it would only be a matter of time before we scored the winner, morrison was starting to play more forward and we had them under the cosh, their manager was screaming for them to push up as they were sitting so deep and we put them under a lot of pressure, bwp had a couple of chances, we still kept on sending crosses in and Danny greens corners from the right are nearly unplayable, they were lucky on a couple of occasions, and then the winning goal as acurate as can be, we were right in line when he hit it. We went nuts, the fans behind the goal went nuts, I thought that fence was going to come down! Next minute I saw hamer celebrating with the players, altogether! I lost my voice and then we had to hold onto the lead and hamer pulled out a top draw save at the death, but I thought we totally deserved the win. Then we heard that wednesday had conceded two in a minute, the day had got better. Powell punched the air and we all went home happy. What a great day. Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to see Charlton win away!(Can't change to blue on my blackberry)
  • Options
    What a great flick by BWP for Danny Green's goal. The kind of contribution that some people seem to be unable to see.... 
  • Options
    What a great flick by BWP for Danny Green's goal. The kind of contribution that some people seem to be unable to see.... 
    Kind of a lazy, disinterested flick I thought ;-)
  • Options
    I think it's easy to forget the effect a successful striker has on opposing defences. It can give 3 or 4 other players that bit of extra room while he is occupying a defence trying to stop him scoring. Only start to worry if the goals and results dry up from the team.
  • Options
    Bit of a shame that Yeovil found it necessary to search children and pensioners on their way in. I challenged one of the stewards on this as I objected to my 13-year-old being frisked and he said it was a "cursory search" which they only did at selected "major events". Pointed out to him it wasn't a "major event" by any sensible benchmark, at which he at least had the good grace to laugh. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit of a shame that Yeovil found it necessary to search children and pensioners on their way in. I challenged one of the stewards on this as I objected to my 13-year-old being frisked and he said it was a "cursory search" which they only did at selected "major events". Pointed out to him it wasn't a "major event" by any sensible benchmark, at which he at least had the good grace to laugh. 

This can indeed be annoying. I found very little humour from security on to the tent bar when I spoke to them. I later found out that there was a problem at a pub last time we went to Yeovil. Might explain the attitude and approach if not excuse it?
  • Options
    Intersting article from Kent Sports News here:

http://www.kentsportsnews.com/powell-enjoying-lady-luck-27-12-2011/

points out that if Waggy hadn't beern injured and had been on the bench, he would almost certainly have replaced Green with 10-15 mins to go, and that last gasp winner might never have happened!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    written by an occasional poster here and the writer of Dr Kish Blog, which features the article.

As an aside,I notice the column blog categories mentions "Gillingham Ladies" isn't that an oxymoron?
  • Options
    Intersting article from Kent Sports News here:

http://www.kentsportsnews.com/powell-enjoying-lady-luck-27-12-2011/

points out that if Waggy hadn't beern injured and had been on the bench, he would almost certainly have replaced Green with 10-15 mins to go, and that last gasp winner might never have happened!

If my auntie had balls she would be my uncle