Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Players you know.....sort of

13»

Comments

• Options
    Knew Ben Chorley too, a different person to Michael Turner.

Indeed, they have different names and everything! ;-)
  • Options
    More I hear about Michael Turner the more i admire him, wanted away from a premier league team to play first team football lower down the leagues and fought his way up.
  • Options
    Kent, and he knew it might be this way when he was younger, and we were in the prem. We used to talk about not giving up, and Matt Elliott was a player we thought might be the example for Michael.
  • Options
    re: kentaddick: More I hear about Michael Turner the more i admire him, wanted away from a premier league team to play first team football lower down the leagues and fought his way up

I wish Turner were still with us .. he has developed into a top class defender .. if Cahill is worth 7 million !!!!! .......
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    My cousin is very close friends with Chris 'S-Dog' Solly.
  • Options
    @Clem_Snide

Mrs Taylor?
  • Options
    Played in the same kids team as John Bumstead and later against Andy Towsend (son of Don), Andy Hessenthaler and Micky Kelly.

Also played cricket against David Campbell when we were both at school and later in life against Steve Gritt, Paddy Powell and Mark Penfold.
  • Options
    David White - Crown Woods school football team and classes generally - forgot about that one
  • Options
    My dad knows scp's brother, who is/was a bus driver in Luton... although thats hardly knowing scp
  • Options
    Anthony Barness has a daughter in the same school class as my youngest son. Have been out for a beer with him and his missus a couple of times. They are a really nice family and he is a top bloke.
    Used to go to the same school as Gavin Peacock who was 2 years below me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Met John Gallagher in Tenerife and still see him at the valley.
  • Options
    Used to Know, Luke Young`s Dad, Worked with him at Royal Mail, He had another brother who played for Bournemouth, Last time i heard.
  • Options
    Conor Gough has been in Floyd's, and came over to say hello when we went to see the friendly in Lepe.
  • Options
    Used to Know, Luke Young`s Dad, Worked with him at Royal Mail, He had another brother who played for Bournemouth, Last time i heard.
    His brother Neil is married to a mate's daughter and living in Australia.

I used to play with our former keeper Jeff Wood as a youngster in Harlow and he later help run our Saturday League team when he finished playing. Now at Norwich City coaching.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Got drunk with Alan Macleary a fews ago in Welling.
  • Options
    Bellegrove Club ???
  • Options
    My dad knows Paul Walsh, I was going to be named after him until he went Luton. I got named after Carl Harris instead
  • Options
    My dad knows Paul Walsh, I was going to be named after him until he went Luton. I got named after Carl Harris instead
    You name is Harris. That's strange

• Options
    Danny Green-my uncles best mate
  • Options
    You name is Harris. That's strange

Not as strange as my brother Garland :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Knew david white the player at primary school and jude law was in the year below, pretty sure there's been a thread on this before :)
  • Options
    Worked with Jim Ryan, who also played a game or two in our Sunday league team many moons ago.
    Jim was our Welsh U/21 centre forward who fell out with Frank Hill. Nice bloke but very alcohol dependent.
    Hope he is okay today.
  • Options
    Callum Harriott went to my school
  • Options
    Worked with Jim Ryan, who also played a game or two in our Sunday league team many moons ago.
    Jim was our Welsh U/21 centre forward who fell out with Frank Hill. Nice bloke but very alcohol dependent.
    Hope he is okay today.
    I once saw Jim Ryan play and score for the reserves in a match against, I think, the Metropolitan Police on Woolwich Common.
    (Weirdest sentence I've ever typed)

• Options
    Was at Abbey Wood Comprehensive a year below Ray Tumbridge and played in a school match against Mark Penfold who was at Bloomfield School... I can even remember nutmegging him!
  • Options
    Hope he is okay today.
    I once saw Jim Ryan play and score for the reserves in a match against, I think, the Metropolitan Police on Woolwich Common.
    (Weirdest sentence I've ever typed)

Jim Ryan was a copper I think
  • Options
    Bellegrove Club ???
    In Olympus opposite.
  • Options
    Was at Abbey Wood Comprehensive a year below Ray Tumbridge
    Small world - I was there too, in the year above Ray Tumbridge