Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons on Valentines Night - how will you escape the mrs?!?!

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Ive taken the "i dont do code" approach to this one - when she says she "doesnt mind me going if i have too" ill take that as gospel.....

Comments

• Options
    Why dont you book a table in the lounge... be dead romantic! :-)
  • Options
    I'm taking her passive aggression as consent.

"No, fine. You go to the football. I don't mind. Honestly"

"Okay dear. Thanks!"
  • Options
    She said no Rizzo, she said no :-)
  • Options
    Me and my dad talked my Girlfriend and mum around at the same time. Bit of teamwork will get you there! And taking g/f out on the Wednesday instead
  • Options
    Mrs W: "Typical!"
    (and that was it, honestly)
  • Options
    Told her about it start of the season so she understands
  • Options
    Fortunately Mrs Redlane has a similar opinion of Valentine's as me - that it is overhyped, likely to lead to a mediocre dinner in an over-busy restaurant, and, more to the point, not especially romantic. One tip - buy the flowers etc a couple of days in advance and declare that you can show your love any day of the year, not when Clinton Cards dictates it.

A 2nd strategy, also practiced here at Redlane Towers, involves conceiving twins born on Feb 14th - which tends to take the emphaisis away from Valentines. This, I'll grant you, can be quite tricky to organise
  • Options
    Taking her out on the Monday instead plus I acted like I was gutted that we couldn't do something on the Tuesday night ("I've only just realised...really gutted, was looking forward to it....I know it isn't great, but maybe we could do something special on Monday instead ?") seemed to do the trick, although I'd imagine there will be moaning after the event and it'll probably get brought up in some un-related argument six month later.

Charlton better win !
  • Options
    She's coming along, having a nice lunch instead
  • Options
    Valentines Day. What a load of b-------s.

I mean, for anyone who is married and celebrates a wedding anniversary (as I do) then why should you have to fork out on Valentines Day too? It's an utter commercial con job and should be reserved for U-21's and singles only.

Of course, my missus was not happy when I brought this policy into being but FFS you have to draw the fiscal line somewhere!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wont be escaping the missus... I will be in florence with her! If relationships are about give and take I think I have taken enough by booking up practically every away before the end of season to miss a home game against a poxy club!
  • Options
    The usual way.

Chloroform
  • Options
    My wife goes to Italian classes on a Tuesday evening so it will be interesting to see what happens, will she remember?
  • Options
    eaststandmike wrote:
    My wife goes to Italian classes on a Tuesday evening so it will be interesting to see what happens, will she remember?

Yeah, meanwhile she no doubt told the class last night "I won't be here next week, I'm sure my husband's got plans for Valentine's"
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    No chance for me unfortunately. It's Valentine's and my birthday so no chance for me to disappear for the evening. I'll be cooking her a meal. Going out on the lash the weekend after for my birthday...
  • Options
    We don't take Valentines that seriously, so it's not a problem, I'm going to the game, and she's working late
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Ok love it's my birthday & it's Valentines, so I'll stay in and cook you a meal. Leave off !

Charton are at home. That's where I'll be, end of.

We can celebrate Valentine's & birthdays before or after.

Just as well the players don't take the same attitude.

Sorry fans, we're playing the youth team & The Doc tonight as all the 1st team have taken their other halves up The Oxo Tower :-)
  • Options
    all the others have taken their other halves up The Oxo Tower :-)

Chance'd be a fine thing!
  • Options
    the most excited my season ticket holding wife has been about valentines day for many a year.. (well plymouth at home a couple of years ago actually)...
  • Options
    Going for lunch, then that leaves the afternoon and evening for boozing and Charlton! (Also it's my 30th on the 12th so extended celebrations is an excuse being used)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll buy her a kebab on the way home from the footie.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    That's exactly what I said to her when I told her I was going footy lol.
  • Options
    Treated her favourite nephew the game as its half term and he is coming to stay, shame about the date but I wouldnt want him to miss out - result!
  • Options
    Not an issue been with my good lady for 40 years; every day is Valentines Day!
  • Options
    I told her on such a night i will be spending it with my one true love. seems very happy with that. She has a shock coming.
  • Options
    if you have to get married, do it on Valentines day?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    That would be even worse. Sorry love but as it's our anniversary & Valentine's I'm going to Charlton. Doh !
  • Options
    when she see's me putting my trainers on and asked where im going im just going to kick her in the shin and run out the house!
  • Options
    Well my husband is taking me and probably buying me a bag of chips!!
  • Options
    when she's putting her point across I intend to boo her and then when she accuses me of loving football more than her I will brand her a racist for trying to stop me from watching one of the only teams in all four divisions with a black manager.