Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exeter vs. Charlton | 28th January 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Teams, Views and News

Comments

• Options
    think Powell should change the team a bit by bringing in evina, hayes and hughes!
    Think you need to be a bit more subtle I'm afraid.
  • Options
    No easy game this, Exeter generally good at home and got the better of us there last couple of years. Need to be at top of our game to win this won
  • Options
    And back down to earth with a bump.

Due a wrong un, and this will be it. Lads have climbed a huge hurdle in recent week, and this will be the one that takes its toll. Stevenage re-visited. 1-0 to the Grecians.

• Options
    And back down to earth with a bump.

Due a wrong un, and this will be it. Lads have climbed a huge hurdle in recent week, and this will be the one that takes its toll. Stevenage re-visited. 1-0 to the Grecians.

Hmmm. That prediction has an ominously realistic feel to it.
  • Options
    i'll be thankful for a draw. especially after beating both steel clubs when i thought 2 points would of been a good result.
  • Options
    Re. reception for Matt Taylor. My views on returning players can be worked out from my views on BWP but I would have thought it would be generally neutral with a bit of polite applause. He was committed, which always goes down well but I personally wouldn't expect a big welcome for him. As I am sure you are aware what singles BWP out is that he played for Argyle but it's the content and effect of the abusive chants that many (some?) Grecians fans dislike, rather than the principle of giving an ex- Plymouth player a bit of stick. By the way I have to say you everbody on this thread is largely sticking to the game plan of trowling on the humility and respect, so much so that I may regret mentioning it!
  • Options
    Valley McMoist 12:39PM Quote
    Exeter are averaging 1.0 goal a game at home. We've averaging 1.7 goals per game away. The stats say the score should be Exeter 1 - 1.7 Charlton

But we have only scored two goals in the last two therefore we should win 1 - 3.1
  • Options
    1-1 draw tough game there going to try and park the bus I think JJ pen
  • Options
    Exeter are averaging 1.0 goal a game at home. We've averaging 1.7 goals per game away. The stats say the score should be Exeter 1 - 1.7 Charlton

But we have only scored two goals in the last two therefore we should win 1 - 3.1
    Unless we keep the 2.1 and add it to the score in the next game. We could then beat MKD by at least 2.8. Exeter are good at getting 0-0 and it is months since we last drew 0-0. Oldham last season?
  • Options
    I feel a touch of deja vu going on here ( and I don't mean the Club in Swanley !)

There seemed to be a lot of pessimism as we approached the 2 Sheffield games - a feeling that a hiccup was possibly due - and I found that so depressing. I did say that I never bet against an Addicks' victory and I see no reason to change that philosophy. Results have shown this season that I have been right far more times than not....

OK - call me a cockeyed optimist but I can't understand why fans would go into a match with anything less than 3 points on their minds . I appreciate that we can't win 'em all ( hey, why not, we've done well thus far ?) but surely, having a negative attitude isn't the way to go ? Do you think SCP starts his team talk by saying " Of course we want to win this one, lads but , hand on heart, it's a tough one and maybe we should be happy with a point " ? Haven't we got enough faith in both this squad of great players and their superb management team to counter the kind of tactics some feel we may face on Saturday ? ( ie Exeter " parking the bus " ) Don't we have versatile players that can revert to plan B if required ? Don't you believe that lessons were learned from the Stevenage defeat ( when changing the team around was proven to be a mistake - in our minds at least) and at Orient ( when in hindsight, a different substitution may have been made when Hamer walked) ?

I'm probably setting myself up to be shot down when the clock strikes 5pm on Saturday afternoon but my mantra will always be " Keep the Faith " - one that I shall no doubt be reminded about before too long ....but maybe I was doing just that when Greeny scored the winner at Yeovil at the last knockings. Were you ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    better red than dead 8:42PM Quote
    Redrobo said:

Unless we keep the 2.1 and add it to the score in the next game. We could then beat MKD by at least 2.8. Exeter are good at getting 0-0 and it is months since we last drew 0-0. Oldham last season?

I like it. As Captain Kirk would have said ''make it so''
  • Options
    I feel a touch of deja vu going on here ( and I don't mean the Club in Swanley !)

There seemed to be a lot of pessimism as we approached the 2 Sheffield games - a feeling that a hiccup was possibly due - and I found that so depressing. I did say that I never bet against an Addicks' victory and I see no reason to change that philosophy. Results have shown this season that I have been right far more times than not....

Like most women I suggest you are always right!

• Options
    anybody know how many tickets we sent back?
    about 500 sent back for sale on the day (approx 800 sold)
  • Options

Like most women I suggest you are always right!

Wouldn't say that, Del ....but hope I am in this instance !
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Don't get the stuff about being due a mare - last month we lost one and drew two games we could reasonably have expected to win, then two games we only won because of two moments of brilliance from JJ. I think we're due a blinder, me.

3-0 to us, BWP with his share.
  • Options
    1 - 1
  • Options
    I'm worried about BexleyDan's diet!
    First goal crucial in this. If we get it we'll go on to a comfortable win if not then a draw. I hope BWP does to Exeter what Defoe ALWAYS does (make that did) to us.
  • Options
    Where's that ecb fella or whatever his username is , he lives up this way and watches a bit of charlton
    He always seems level headed and gives a decent view on things
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Morning fellow 'lifers'........Physic RM here with NO prediction from my infamous balls!! The last 2 weeks have seen them take a bit of a hammering (balls that is) as they strove to 'come' to a confident prediction (both times they predicted a 1-1 result) and sadly they have been slow to recover....in fact no amount of caressing from Mrs RM this week has been able to get them to perform......so here I am this morning clutching a pair of balls that are just limp and nearly lifeless ;-).....anyway enough of my their troubles......I have decided this week to go 'solo' and thus taking everything into 'hand' I have to go with a 2-1 victory for the addicks with BWP celebrating his new contract with a goal.............. all I can to do is hope that by next week my balls are back and working....now where's Mrs RM when I need her!!!

Match Thread as ususal from 2 pm tomorrow.
    Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    better red than dead 8:42PM Quote
    Redrobo said:

I like it. As Captain Kirk would have said ''make it so''
    Wasn't that Picard? Anyway, a very narrow victory to the Addicks, hopefully BWP with a scruffy 2 yard effort that relights his goal scoring fuse.
  • Options
    1-0 Charlton, Wiggins to score.
  • Options
    A plucky one nil win to Charlton (BWP goal after 9 minutes) will be overshadowed when an Exeter player tears his ball sack going in for an innocuous challenge sometime in the second half. A visibly shaken Yann Kermogant is substituted shortly after.
  • Options
    2-0 BWP and Green
  • Options
    Women are definitely always right.....even when they are wrong! Just ask my wife.
  • Options
    Think its got 0-0 written all over it, would like a nice solid 0-2 but reckon will be a draw
  • Options
    I have said 2-0 on predictions thread.
    I hope they prepare well, football is a funny old game and after the Euphoria of beating the Sheffs, it would be easy to lose focus and have a stinker there.

I hope its a brace for BWP.
  • Options
    That is where the Stevanage and Leyton Orient games will come in useful!
  • Options
    A plucky one nil win to Charlton (BWP goal after 9 minutes) will be overshadowed when an Exeter player tears his ball sack going in for an innocuous challenge sometime in the second half. A visibly shaken Yann Kermogant is substituted shortly after.
    What an imagination you have got. I will be spooked if you have called that correctly!

(That's the injury not the score of course).

• Options
    I'm worried about BexleyDan's diet!
    First goal crucial in this. If we get it we'll go on to a comfortable win if not then a draw. I hope BWP does to Exeter what Defoe ALWAYS does (make that did) to us.
    I was just over egging the pudding a bit really. I think we will win.