Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exeter vs. Charlton | 28th January 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Teams, Views and News

Comments

• Options
    I fancy BWP to get his scoring boots back on but equally as a natural born pessimist I’m also leaning towards the after the Lord Mayors Show theory too…maybe a 1-1.
  • Options
    The game has a draw written all over it, Exeter looking good at home and we playing decent stuff away. Would like to see some goals, 2-2.
  • Options
    What pubs are people drinking at? Needs Sky, and to be child friendly.
  • Options
    Despite the above, it's hard to ignore Powell's voice in the back of your head warning against any signs of complacency. After, it's almost 83 years since Charlton won away at Exeter.

What's more, the Grecians' current league position probably belies their talent, and recent results have been far from shabby. Although 18th, City are unbeaten in four games, have the fifth best home defence in the league, and have conceded just one goal in their last four matches at St James' Park.

from 0S hope people arent getting their hopes too high...
  • Options
    And back down to earth with a bump.

Due a wrong un, and this will be it. Lads have climbed a huge hurdle in recent week, and this will be the one that takes its toll. Stevenage re-visited. 1-0 to the Grecians.

I'm with AFKA on this one , i hope we get a comfortable 2-0 win , but it could go wonky a la Stevenage...

• Options
    Not an easy one this, especially our record against the lower teams but I will take a 2-0 victory
  • Options
    How many are we taking to Exeter? My little flurry of away games is over for a bit and i failed to put my Ooh aah Kermorgant plans into action last week due to a couple of circumstances but will try harder next home game.
  • Options
    Reckon we'll have 900 there
  • Options
    2-2 and my accumulator to be in bits.
  • Options
    Think this could be a bit of "after the lord mayors show" and the players may have difficulty adjusting to a bread and butter match after three top class clashes in a row. That said I'll go for a draw, but i think CP may have to be cute with his substitutions and tactics during the game.
    Yep, this is what worries me. Will be as impressed with a win v Exeter as I was against the Sheffield teams for different reasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @RM - It's psychic!
  • Options
    4-0

to Exeter, the start of our end of season slump
  • Options
    Any team at this stage in the season are focused on either Promotion (playoffs, automatics) or widening the gap between them and relegation or getting out of relegation zone. As this means peoples futures every team has everything to play for and with that there is even more motivation to win(from Exeter) than there is for Charlton to remain at the top. Now, once again is the need for man motivation by powell to come into play whether for bwp to score; ex exeter players to prove themselves or everyone else to base their motivation on the unforgiving pride that comes from playing for a team that works for each other and that works on the principle that the harder you work as a team and for each other the more you will get out of the game (and that includes a victory for charlton)
  • Options
    Only change I would make is to bring Waggy in for Green who hasn't been that special recently, I'd also have Stephens on the bench and give him 20 minutes if the situation warrants it.
    Reckon a tight game 1-1
  • Options
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but to put the calibre of our opponents tomorrow in perspective they have won only 6 games all season and none of the teams they have beaten is any higher than 16th in the table. What are we worrying about?
  • Options
    This should be a comfortable win; the Grecians are hardly prolific scorers and they will be facing the best defence in the League and, Taylor is unlikely to be intimidated returning to his old club. Our forwards are due a few goals and with Powell pressing home the message that we must remain focussed, there is a fair chance that BWP and Yann will be back on the score sheet.
  • Options
    It all depends on attitude and how the Charlton players start the game.

There can be no room for complacency.
  • Options
    Just like us, Exeter have not conceded a league goal this year. This suggests they have tightened up and could be difficult to open up.
  • Options
    As I'm still struggling to comprehend how well this season has gone I've been having feelings of dread before most games and tomorrow is no different. My heart says we'll thump them, my pessimistic head says a lucky 2-2 draw
  • Options
    2-0 with BWP scoring to wind up the locals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @RM - It's psychic!
    Physic = wholesome and if Mrs RM finds them so, then good luck to them.
  • Options
    What do you reckon you could get on a third Jackson free kick in a row? Because I'm going with that
  • Options
    Taylor to head in a goal and BWP. 0 - 2 but not over confident as Exeter will battle like mad.
  • Options
    A draw ( which would not be a disaster ). Probably the toughest of the next 4 games.
  • Options
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but to put the calibre of our opponents tomorrow in perspective they have won only 6 games all season and none of the teams they have beaten is any higher than 16th in the table. What are we worrying about?
    Cheers Bill , i'll take a chill pill ;-0

• Options
    Cheers Bill , i'll take a chill pill ;-0

• Options
    Charlton win!
  • Options
    This will be very tough and we never do well down there.

Fortunate to scrape a 1-1 and that will be no disgrace at this stage of the season after two massive games.

BWP falls over in the box and Jackson equalises with pen in the 83rd after Grecians go 1-0 up from flukey own goal on 12 mins.

• Options
    An easy 3-1 victory. Kermogant, Hollands & BWP
  • Options
    Seems Exeter haven't played a decent side at home for a while - last time was Hudds (15th Oct), and they got done 0-4! :)