Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ruben Bover (going out on loan)

Exclusive* his going on loan to san roque.

*announced on his twitter, thanks to google translate..

Comments

• Options
    would've been happier if he went on loan to an english side to get to know the english game better.
  • Options
    would've been happier if he went on loan to an english side to get to know the english game better.
    Agreed. What do those Spanish know about footy?

• Options

yeah talk a good game -those spanish
  • Options

Well it wont be like 3rd tier English football, thats for sure
  • Options

san roque good side -- hold there own in Championship

• Options
    Maybe, I would have thought it was a completely different style of football though.. which is more my point
  • Options
    i think san roque is jimenez's spanish team
  • Options

Whoosh?
  • Options
    what does woosh mean in that context?
  • Options
    what does woosh mean in that context?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It means that I think you missed the true meaning of what I posted in response to the OP i.e that the standard of football and coaching out there is likely to be higher than he'd get on loan over here.
  • Options
    It most probably will be better coaching over there but I would've preferred seeing him go to a league 2 club. He's fairly lightweight so a few first team games in that division may have been better in getting him more used to the physical side of the english game and would be easier to track his progress as a fan.
    But anyway all the best to him, hope it works out well.
  • Options
    It means that I think you missed the true meaning of what I posted in response to the OP i.e that the standard of football and coaching out there is likely to be higher than he'd get on loan over here.
    ah.. nah, I do get that .. I think Talal made the point better than me ^ :)
  • Options
    It most probably will be better coaching over there but I would've preferred seeing him go to a league 2 club. He's fairly lightweight so a few first team games in that division may have been better in getting him more used to the physical side of the english game and would be easier to track his progress as a fan.
    But anyway all the best to him, hope it works out well.
    I'd rather they work on producing an all round better footballer than farming him out to some 4th division club to get kicked off the park because he's not the biggest and needs toughening up.

Spanish football is a contact sport too btw.
  • Options
    Thanks wasn't aware. Fair enough your opinion, mine is different.
  • Options
    I saw him play at Bromley. Loads of skill but a bit light under pressure. Still very young so I sincerely hope he gets that bit stronger and returns to challenge for a place at the start of next season.
  • Options

Wow, Spanish football AND contact sport in a sentence! Loads of play-acting out there, methinks...
  • Options

Wow, Spanish football AND contact sport in a sentence! Loads of play-acting out there, methinks...
    Also some flipping good football too and I know which league I'd want my youngsters playing in for experience. I'm equally sure if he needs beefing up he'll get that too. In CP we trust :-)
  • Options
    I think it's more of a case that it benefits him better, he gets more footballing experience and is closer to home
    I don't know how 'tippy tappy' the football is in San Roque's division, so he may get knocked about anyway
  • Options
    Well, he started in Spain.. so you would think 17 years of it would be enough if it was going to have a positive effect :). Either way, playing anywhere is better than not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sure and whats the betting that this would be the last we see of him? The climate and the culture/language easier for him...

• Options
    would have been happier if he does actually go out on loan that it was to a league two team like Crawley or Southend where he can progress and play with decent players.
  • Options
    how old is he btw?
  • Options
    Ruben Bover is 19 I think! not sure!!!
  • Options
    yer, 19
  • Options
    Good move for him, going back to his homeland and gaining experience.
  • Options
    Good move for him, going back to his homeland and eating paella.
    Might help him put on weight

• Options
    Yep...I thought we were due to sign a centre half off them in the summer window?
  • Options
    Yep...I thought we were due to sign a centre half off them in the summer window?

No. A Belgian and a Morrocan.
  • Options
    San Roque are in the third tier of Spanish football so I am nor sure how this would compare quality wise , I suspect it would be L2 Conference level , the crowds are a lot lower than in England at this level .

Bover says on Twitter (according to Bing translate) he will return to us. Like others I would have preferred him to go somewhere like Barnet or Dagenham.