Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ruben Bover (going out on loan)

13»

Comments

• Options
    18 months ago Chris Powell said to the clique: "once this player develops, we've got a great star on our hands"

Good enough for me.
  • Options
    I was on holiday during the preseason games but see him come on against den bosche. Thought he looked quality and showed some lovely touches.

Looking forward to seeing him when he is fully ready for the step up
  • Options
    I think him and the likes of Smith suffered from the 7 sub rule being scrapped.
  • Options
    Just went onto the deportivo lepe site and apparently Bover scored an amazing opening goal in their last match which they won 3-2.
    Seems that he's a regular out there... I'm hoping that this lad will fulfil the promise...
  • Options
    The championship is less physically demanding, more football can be played on the deck.

This will suit players like Bover, Jackson etc... You can go on about him not cutting it etc but he is clearly one for the future.

He has looked decent in the games I've seen, and I'm pleased that a new contract is coming his way.
  • Options
    I think we were good enough to go up in our first season in league one but we couldn't ultimately cope with the way teams set up to stop you and the way the refs are so uesless to let them, Powell realised you need to have certain qualities to get out of this league and made sure the team had them. Bover is a player that shouldn't be subjected to league one and the idiots (sorry officials) you have to endure down there.
  • Options
    Agree about the refs some of the worst some amazed me this season how there even football league refs.
  • Options
    He got a few assists in Spain aswell according to the OS.
  • Options
    18 months ago Chris Powell said to the clique: "once this player develops, we've got a great star on our hands"

Good enough for me.
    Bover will come good, just as we win promotion to the Premiership.

• Options
    Would be great if he can get a loan to a League 1 club, for example MK Dons who do try and get the ball down and play attractive football. Certainly looked the part last pre season and showed some decent touches in the League Cup games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bover's goal from the weekend can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsOpyb2WjEY

Skip to 9 mins 55.
  • Options
    ^^Good finish^^ looks like a sell out crowd ; )
  • Options
    Was that being played at the MK stadium?

:-)
  • Options
    I can't wait for Henry's auction next year: "Signed Bover Boots!"
  • Options
    I trust Chris to make the right moves. There is no guarantee that promise shown when too young to step up, converts into a first team player. We have seen though Chris' ability to spot ability which perhaps has been overlooked by others. Pritchard and Yann spring to mind. Time will tell.
  • Options
    Took his goal well.

Loved the old school score board in the Real Betis match, I wonder if they put up a picture of a fish?