Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Records to be broken this Season?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I reckon we'll break 6 out of the 9
  • Options
    The stats just show how well we're doing.
  • Options
    One other possible record - and I'm touching wood desperately here - is have we ever gone unbeaten at home in a season?

Fairly certain the answer is no, in which case what is the latest date we have ever lost at home for the first time? I have a feeling sometime in the 70s we were unbeaten at home until Boxing day when Southampton beat us, a record we've already beaten this season. Anyone know if we've stayed unbeaten at home later than 28 January?
  • Options
    We could smash that away wins record!
  • Options
    We could smash that away wins record!
    One more away win and we equal the club record of most league away wins in a season.
  • Options
    Fascinating thread.
  • Options
    I think we did nine 'doubles' in 1980/81. Could top that.
  • Options
    Thanks for the stats, look forwad to following this thread over the next 4 months
  • Options
    One more possible record. Have we ever gone through a league season not conceeding more than 2 goals in a league game?
  • Options
    Cue the 0-3 home defeat on Tuesday night!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Cue the 0-3 home defeat on Tuesday night!
    Burn the heretic : - )

I'm really enjoying this season and ticking off a few of these records will add to the fun. OK it's still division 3 but you can only win the division you're in. Next season will be a different and harder test but bring it on.

Onwards and upwards
  • Options
    what's the record on "doubles" in a season ?
    Nine doubles in 3 different seasons. 34/35, 80/81 and 99/00

Currently this season the total is 3 (Brentford, Sheff Utd and Exeter) with 12 more possibles until the end of the season.

• Options
    One other possible record - and I'm touching wood desperately here - is have we ever gone unbeaten at home in a season?

Fairly certain the answer is no, in which case what is the latest date we have ever lost at home for the first time? I have a feeling sometime in the 70s we were unbeaten at home until Boxing day when Southampton beat us, a record we've already beaten this season. Anyone know if we've stayed unbeaten at home later than 28 January?
    Unbeaten home record Season 1935/1936. Won 15, Drawn 6, Lost 0.

• Options
    One more possible record. Have we ever gone through a league season not conceeding more than 2 goals in a league game?
    No. Never happened.

• Options
    Shirty ,are you Colin Cameron,Knower of all things Charlton related?
  • Options
    What's our record for number of minutes without conceeding?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    What's our record for number of minutes without conceeding?
    938 Minutes. 28/3/98 90 Min vs Notts Forest to 9/9/98 38 Min vs Manchester United. 10 League games on the spin (Does not include the three play off games)

• Options
    If you counted the play-off games, would that not be a longer run ?? 8 regular league games, plus 2 play off semi-final games = 10 x90 mins = 900. then around 50 mins v Sunderland = 950.
  • Options
    Great stats hope u aint jinxed us

Goals against got to be in danger
  • Options
    Bump for CAFC tekkers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thanks
  • Options
    How about most postponements in a season?
  • Options
    I'll hazard a guess and say 1962-63 season ..... when we had snow from Boxing Day until March and most of League football was wiped out for weeks and weeks. Just a bit before my time, but I've got my Dad's old programmes.

Mum tells me 1947 was another 'Big Freeze', which brought the country to a virtual standstill for a couple of months. So that could be another contender.

But we'll need Colin Cameron or Henry's quiz team to tell us the answer.
  • Options
    After the freeze in 64, we had the massive floods which saw the Thames lapping our back door in Abbey Road!
  • Options
    Before the London Clean Air Act (about 1962, I think) we used to get the thick pea-souper smogs.

I wonder if some of our, ahem .... older readers can remember if matches were postponed/abandoned because of them?
  • Options
    Before the London Clean Air Act (about 1962, I think) we used to get the thick pea-souper smogs.

I wonder if some of our, ahem .... older readers can remember if matches were postponed/abandoned because of them?
    Come on Oggy, Stamford Bridge, fog, Bartram left out on pitch. Were you not there? : - )

• Options
    edited February 2012

Come on Oggy, Stamford Bridge, fog, Bartram left out on pitch. Were you not there? : - )

Bartram in a fog – Charlton, 1956
    Thousands of players have had an early bath after being sent off. Only one has had a late one: Sam Bartram, the Charlton goalkeeper from 1934 to 1956. In a match against Chelsea that was affected by increasingly thick fog, Bartram was unperturbed by the lack of action for 15 or so minutes, presuming his side were on top. He didn't have the, er, foggiest that the game had been called off. "After a long time a figure loomed out of the curtain of fog in front of me. It was a policeman, and he gaped at me incredulously. 'What on earth are you doing here?' he gasped. 'The game was stopped a quarter of an hour ago. The field's completely empty'." RS
  • Options

I hadn't the foggiest, Henry ..... a bit before my time!
  • Options
    Most League Wins (Up to and including the MK Dons Home Game)

27 league wins 34/35 and 99/00
    26 league wins 97/98
    25 league wins 80/81
    24 league wins 57/58
    20 league wins 11/12

Most League Home Wins (Up to and including the MK Dons Home Game)

17 league home wins 34/35 and 97/98
    16 league home wins 38/39
    15 league home wins 35/36, 36/37, 57/58, 74/75 and 99/00
    14 league home wins 9 different seasons
    9 league home wins 11/12

Most League Away Wins (Up to and Including the MK Dons Home Game)

12 league away wins 99/00
    11 league away wins 80/81, 91/92 and 11/12
    10 league away wins 34/35
    9 league away wins 28/29, 47/48, 57/58, 95/96, 97/98 and 09/10

Most League points (Up to and including the MK Dons Home Game) since 1981/1982. 3 Points for a win

91 points 99/00
    88 points 97/98
    84 points 09/10
    77 points 85/86
    67 points 11/12

Least defeats in a League Season (Up to and including the MK Dons Home Game)

2 league defeats 11/12
    8 league defeats 34/35 and 09/10
    9 league defeats 35/36, 36/37, 85/86, 95/96 and 99/00

Biggest positive goal difference in a League Season (Up to and including the MK Dons Home Game)

51 goals 34/35
    38 goals 57/58
    34 goals 99/00 and 11/12
    33 goals 85/86

League Goals scored in a League Season (Up to and including the MK Dons Home Game)

107 league goals 57/58
    103 league goals 34/35
    97 league goals 60/61
    92 league goals 58/59
    55 league goals 11/12

League Goals conceded in a League Season (Up to and including the MK Dons Home Game)

21 league goals 11/12
    44 league goals 80/81
    45 league goals 23/24, 85/86 and 95/96
    46 league goals 92/93
    48 league goals 24/25, 91/92 and 09/10

Clean Sheets in a League Season (Up to and including the MK Dons Home Game)

20 Clean Sheets 80/81 and 97/98
    17 Clean Sheets 24/25
    16 Clean Sheets 99/00
    15 Clean Sheets 85/86, 92/93 and 09/10
    12 Clean Sheets 11/12
  • Options
    One thing that occurred to me tonight looking at the programme - Wiggins, Morrison and Hollands all ever presents in the league this season (Solly and Taylor have only missed one game each, BWP 2). When was the last time we managed 3 ever presents in a single season? Long way to go still and I imagine it was more commonplace back in the olden days but in my 20 odd years of going one ever present in a season is rare enough, let alone 3...