Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Ath v Bury 31 January 2012 - Preview, views, team line ups and predictions.

Comments

• Options
    0-1. Lots of overconfidence on this thread.

OR

Match postponed 30 mins before kick off. Frozen Pitch.
  • Options
    gotta be 14k of addicks actually there but officially 16k

bury just had a local derby at rochdale and took over 2k (march 13th 2010 the last time we managed that for a league fixture ) so all of their london based fans will be skint so that will reduce their numbers
  • Options
    Sounds like a perfect game for a load of freebies, if people will have them.

2-0 win, 14,838 (good number) including 217 Northerners
  • Options
    I just hope it's more exciting than our last home league game against Bury. One of the worst matches I've ever seen.
  • Options
    4-0 to the addicks. All four from BWP. He's got to score eventually. The pressure has been building on his goal dam for months now and I'm afriad Bury will be the unlucky village in the way of the flood when it finally cracks.

They'll stick all 11 behind the ball, even sneaking their 13 travelling fans into the goal mouth at one point, in an attempt to frustrate us. Once the obstructions have been removed and we get our first goal though, they won't be able to stop us.
  • Options
    Straight forward 2 nil to the Charlton, tidy performance and both goals scored by our midfield. BWP rested 20 mins from the end after putting in a good stint and the lively Haynes coming on with a pacey performance asking the question should he start on Saturday?
  • Options
    Yes, doubt they will have any ambition - if we get an early goal could be a big score, if not 2-0. Reckon this is the game for BWP to break his drought.
  • Options
    2-0 another clean sheet. Goal either side of half time.

Green and BWP.
  • Options
    Early goal for us and Bury will need to be adventurous.
    Should then be able to pick them off on the counter.

As long as WE don't concede early.

Can't really see the crowd being up for this one - perhaps frustration will creep in if we're not 3-0 up in the first 10 minutes playing exhibition football.

• Options
    4-0 BWP (2) Hollands , Clarke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A professional and comfortable 2.0 win!
  • Options
    4 0 with us scoring in the first 5/10 minutes to shatter any hopes they had of just defending with every man for the 90 minutes for that 0 0, forcing them to attack and play in to are hands but im an optimist.
  • Options
    It will probably be a negative performance from Bury, shutting up shop and hoping for the best. Can't really blame them as they probably realise that if they try to match us with football, we'd probably tear them a new bottom. I really think if a lower team were to come to the valley and play attacking football, we'd score a hatful.

I'm going for 2-0. A goal in the 1st half followed by a 2nd in the last 10 mins.................
  • Options
    I worry that our fans will get impatient and start booing if things do not go smoothly.

I hope I am wrong and we pick up 3 more points but cannot shake off that nagging negative feeling...
  • Options
    The clean sheets have been our saviour lately and we've done what we've had to do without being spectacular. More of the same I think unless we do score a couple of early goals then things could really open up. So, I'm going for 1-0 again but it could be more if we convert the early chances. Stephens to start I hope.
  • Options
    2-0 home win. One goal in either half from BWP and Yann. Robert's your Father's Brother...
  • Options
    Let's just hope that complacency doesn't set in for this match otherwise we could come unstuck. I'm not expecting too much from Bury but I'm also not expecting a runaway victory. Just keep your foot on the gas, boys. COYR
  • Options
    I'd like to see Haynes and Stephens start, but think he will start same team
  • Options
    If it's not broken, don't fix it. Pritchard has been superb of late, I wouldn't drop him. I wouldn't drop BWP either. The only thing missing from his game is a goal and we are still winning. Green needs to improve his game IMO. He's been poor of late.

I can see a few goals. 5-2. They get two late ones whilst Solly, BWPx2, Pritchard and Stephens (from the bench) get on the score sheet for us.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    What's with all this negativity tight game pessimism stuff? Someones going to get hammered at the valley sooner or later and why not tomorrow night! Stephens in for Pritchard and I'm with the 4-0 home win brigade for the head and shoulders above the rest league leaders; BWP hatrick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3-0 to Charlton JJ, Hollands and Yann

What great revision for the exam I have on Wednesday.
  • Options

Possibly...Is one of the questions you are anticipating: "Bradley Wright-Phillips...he's better than Shaun. Discuss"
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    We say it every week, but I think it'll be a good game for BWP this one. Last time out they focused on our attackers a lot and we used that to our advantage to get players like Jackson sneaking in unmarked. Ideally we'll do the same again, playing through to BWP or using him to draw defenders away. I do worry a little that they'll deal with any long ball to Kermorgant type game better than they would a more intricate style, but Powelly will be well aware of that. I'd still start BWP, but have Haynes ready to come on and run at them if it's not working. We should be able to get it together and slip BWP through though. Comfortable 2-0 should be the result but Bury might push us a bit harder than we'd like. Looking forward to it and hoping BWP will score in front of the Covered End
  • Options
    Pritchard has been great, but theres no doubt in my mind that we will start playing good flowing football again with Stephens in the side and i hope he starts tommorow.
  • Options

Possibly...Is one of the questions you are anticipating: "Bradley Wright-Phillips...he's better than Shaun. Discuss"
    Its Chemistry so I doubt it, but I can always hope.
  • Options
    Pritchard has been great, but theres no doubt in my mind that we will start playing good flowing football again with Stephens in the side and i hope he starts tommorow.
    Clould not agree more. We need to return to more free flowing footie and Stephens would help. Think Waggy on the bench would give a lift, and would like to see Haynes on for at least half an hour - hopefully when we are we are 3-0 up.
  • Options
    Agree with the preview, Stephens back for Pritchard, otherwise unchanged, fairly comfortable 3-1 win, and MK to beat Wednesday to increase the gap to third place
  • Options

Its Chemistry so I doubt it, but I can always hope.
    Oh that's OK. Questions like: "What's the better chemistry - BWP with Kermo or Hayes"
  • Options
    I don't much about - are they a team of lumps that will try and kick us off the park? If so, it could be tight unless the first goal comes quickly. If not, I think we will win by 2 or 3.
  • Options
    Very difficult. This one could be a resounding win pushing our goal difference into figures even Einstein could not comprehend or we could fall to Issac Newton's gravity and come a right cropper slipping on a banana skin.

Think positive not negative as Faraday would say. Addicks live. Bury negative. Positive charge.

3-1 Charlton

COYR