Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Ath v Bury 31 January 2012 - Preview, views, team line ups and predictions.

Comments

• Options
    I'd start with BWP on the bench, give Haynes a start. If I was SCP I'd be getting in Bradley's head as he's watching, telling him he's the man to get the goals then send him on around the 65th minute.
    There's two scenarios - we're already comfortably 2-0 up so he goes on with no real pressure and beautifully rounds the keeper for our 3rd.
    Or, we're struggling to break them down and SCP unleashes a beast, ready to rampage. He immediately scores a beauty!
    Either way, BWP gets back amongst the goals and we secure another 3 points!

Come on you Addicks!
  • Options
    Physic RM here......minus my ever faithful balls......Mrs RM wont let me have em back until shes 'done with em'........so tonight I am here all alone as Mrs RM 'polishes and rubs' those balls until they are once again in pristine condition............so after my attempts 'going solo' on Saturday, (I was pleased I got he result right - if not the score), then I'm going 'solo' again tonight despite feeling 'naked' (oh wait I am naked!!)..........anyway moving on........once again I cant see anything other than a hard fought match...but we have enough to overcome the Shakers and hence 3-1 to the addicks with BWP set to get a brace.

Match thread on here as usual from about 7.15.

Right off to get my balls back..........and then put some clothes on!!!

Cheers all!!
  • Options
    I'd also be tempted to bring BWP on for the last 30mins
  • Options
    Far too much positivity on here today for my liking....

Only kidding ! Let's make sure we play our part again tomorrow night, although clapping doesn't sound the same when you're wearing 2 pairs of gloves. Brrrrrrr.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    we need to be scoring more goals to retain impetus. Bury are improving so:
    CAFC 1 v Bury 1
  • Options
    a cold night in Greater Madchester .. we need to be scoring more goals to retain impetus. Bury are inproving so:
    Bury 1 v CAFC 1
    Er, Lincs, we're at home...
  • Options
    There will be no booing win lose or draw. But charlton play poorly when there is no atmosphere and no singing (a bit like the back end of last season) so the onus is on us to make lots of noise and actually its a good way to keep warm. The big challenge is for Stephens and bwp to become the stars of the match, Green to continue growing in confidence and keep shooting and crossing on target, Jackson to keep cranking up his demands on his players,, Hamer to catch instead of punch, kermorgant to keep battling, the back four to refuse anyone a pass into the box, ......these are the massive challenges tomorrow night which make this another massive step towards promotion and for powell to shout them into action and focus.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    (see Lincs' above) Has anyone ever done that I wonder - turned up for a home game, only we were away (or vice versa)?
  • Options
    Er, Lincs, we're at home...

you know what ? .. i am losing it .. i was at Bury for the away game !!! .. I've edited .. same score though
  • Options
    (see Lincs' above) Has anyone ever done that I wonder - turned up for a home game, only we were away (or vice versa)?
    I did it a few times as a kid .. rushing about after saturday morning school games and never sure what was going on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Far too much positivity on here today for my liking....

Only kidding ! Let's make sure we play our part again tomorrow night, although clapping doesn't sound the same when you're wearing 2 pairs of gloves. Brrrrrrr.
    And trying to clap with your hands in your pockets is liable to get you arrested!

• Options
    This could be a real banana skin on a freezing Tuesday night.

1-1

Only the fashion show of Efe Sofje's bandanna and Plaaayers Ugg boots could possibly make the trip worth it. Hoping not to be disappointed.
  • Options
    January 31st Bury at home 0-0 keeper keeps them in the game,Charlton go on to get promoted.Fact or Fiction.
    Have to wait and see..............not really the game that i am talking about Dean Kiely played a blinder the year was 1998.
    Can see Bury parking the coach in the goalmouth,down to Charlton to break this apart.3 points 1-0 goal comes from spot kick.
  • Options
    Either way it will be a night for the old long johns (Hewie), therefore in his honour I predict 1-0, a late Rhoys Wiggins goal.
  • Options
    I've been predicting a shock defeat for the past few games now ............seeing as this has lead to a series of 1-0 wins :)I'm going to do the same again.

0-1...........Bury to score after 10 mins & then park the perverbial bus and we spend a fruitless 80 mins trying to get past it.
  • Options
    Mm, tricky, but I'll go for a postponement due to a frozen pitch.
  • Options
    I think we will win quite comfortably as its probably the first game in a while where we can relax a little and hopefully play some more expansive football. The last few months has seen a lot of pressure cooker games but tomorrows game feels like a 'bonus ball' and i'm hoping BWP may get back amongst the goals. Perfect game to ease Stephens back in. Can see a crowd of around 14500 but only about 12000 there. Of the 11 season ticket holders i go with only 5 are attending tomorrow night - the other 6 have one reason or other and i can see a lot of that happening unfortunately.
  • Options

Seems like it's going to be a half empty stadium tonight.
    Even if the supporters don't, let's hope the team turn up and get 3 points in the bag.

Getting behind the team and creating a decent atmosphere could be key.
  • Options
    Statistics say that when a team loses 3-0 in a derby, they nearly always score in their next game.
    Clean sheet record will fall, we'll have to score at least two to win this one.
    I think we will.
  • Options
    Going to be cold tonight hopefully giving them a thrashing will warm us up. But it will be a tight game hopefully we'll win but only by the odd goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-0 up in the first 10 mins i reckon...
  • Options
    Going to be bloody freezing
  • Options
    Freezing cold, probably not a thrilling game. Can see Bury trying to shut up shop and Kermo, BWP, Green and co kicking said shop's door in with ease. 2-0 CAFC, leave the ground thinking we should have had more.
  • Options
    BWP hat trick tonight to silence the doubters.
  • Options
    We are the best team in the division. We have spirit, skill, passion, desire and we have grown accustomed to winning. Football occasionally produces upsets and surprises. But we should expect to win games like this at a canter : and I believe we will. 4-0.

All I can say is that I hope those who come on here every week and tell us ''this one is a potential banana skin'' don't put their money where their mouth is and head off straight to the bookies after they've posted!
  • Options
    JohnSullivan13 John Sullivan
    Big game tonight and will be a tough test. Patience for everyone is the key

fancy it to be 1-0 to us or 1-1 with a late equalizer like oldham.
  • Options
    Hamer and the back four to keep another clean sheet. At the other end Solly, Jacko and BWP score with loose balls, 30 yarders and one on ones to put us 12 clear of the Udders. Hamer and Powell to get Player/manager of the Month gongs and the reds go marching on. COYR!
  • Options
    Is it time for BWP to have a rest or be given better service? - up to the Yeovil game he was averaging 3 shots a game and an assist every other game, in the 5 League games since then he has had a total of 4 shots and no assists, Or is it that the hasn't been getting the service, prior to Yeovil we had Hollands and Stephens or Hughes or Russell in mid field but for the last 4 League games it has been Hollands and Pritchard, does this make Hollands more defensive and Pritchard maybe doesn't have the experience eye to see the pass that Hollands or Stephens might for BWP to run onto and have a scoring chance.

My choice would be, if BWP and Stephens are both match fit then I would play them both with Pritchard on the bench.

If we score early then 3-0, if Bury park the bus then 1-0
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The 20th league win of the season.

• Options
    Taking a couple of mates along tonight, just hope the boys live up to the billing I've given them