Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fake fans

Comments

• Options
    Tell him he isn't a Chelsea supporter, he's a Sky supporter.
    Instead of giving his time and money to the club he "loves" he gives it to Rupert f*cking Murdoch, Jeff Stelling and Jamie Redknap.
    Tell him he might as well walk around wearing a shirt with the Sky logo over his heart and "Murdoch 1" on the back.
    Tell him he disgusts me.
    Then chin him.
    I see alot of agrresion in you ES want me to give you his address as you seem more upset and do more damage!!!
  • Options
    Wait for him to bring up how many replica shirts he buys as well. Probably with a name and number on the back too.
  • Options
    Would that be he never misses a game on Sky Sports News?
  • Options
    @CafcCrazy, ha! Yeah go on then!

No, these idiots just wind me up. They know nothing of being a football supporter.
  • Options
    I did point out to him that iv probably seen every chelsea game on t.v its not exactly hard.
  • Options
    Really couldn't care less - if you go to football great, if you don't and just want to watch it on tv then fine. Certainly not going to get my knickers ina twista bout it. Same with going to away games. Go if you want, don't if you don't.
  • Options
    I live in Surrey so almost everyone I went to school with supported Man Utd, and the rest were Chelsea, but only a minority. I used to get dog's abuse, especially when we went down, and yet they'd never even been near Manchester, let alone been to support the team. I could deal with the idiots supporting Utd, it's not too impressive but there really isn't anything going on in the way of a local team aside from Woking, but they tended to laugh when Charlton lost but not care when Utd lost which is the most frustrating thing. When I moved to London I met people who supported their local team, be it Barnsley, Newcastle or Cardiff and it made life far easier to live. CafcCrazy, I know your pain
  • Options
    Must be on a wind up. Surely nobody is really stupid enough to think that pressing the Series Link button on his remote makes him a bigger fan than someone who actually goes to the matches week in, week out?
  • Options
    So what about Chelsea season ticket holders who miss one or two games? Does that make them less of a fan than him? Because i would love to hear him justify that in an argument to someone who spends a grand a season.

He may aswell live in the far East and follow Chelsea as people out there watch every match too.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    He is more deluded than a wendy fan i can`t get it into his thick head he is nothing but a glory hunting ( insert insult here ) :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tell him you've never missed a Charlton game on TV and are therefore the best fan in the world.
    Failing that stop giving him your time as he's clearly a twat.
  • Options
    We have these armchair supporters at work, all over the place bragging about how good their teams are, and taking the mick out of me for supporting Charlton, thing is they have hardly ever been, so I refuse to discuss football with them and confine my football discussions to the genuine fans here, and we dont go in for taking the mick when each others teams lose, we have an Exeter fan who is gutted after the weekend, and I would not dream of taking the mick, having said that if there was a Palace fan all bets would be off.
  • Options
    At work today i was speaking to a chelsea fan he claims to be a more loyal supporter than me becasuse i miss the occasional and im mean OCCASIONAL home game, where as he never misses a chelsea game on sky.
    Have some fans really become this deluded? or has t.v just brainwashed the nation into think watching your team on tv is just as good as following them at home and away?
    I would worry working with someone like that --- hope he is not your senior at work -- if he is resign my friend your doomed
  • Options
    What a prize plum. Sad, sad man.
  • Options
    You'll probably see a lot more Man City shirts around too soon.

• Options
    If they can't make you cry, you don't support them.
  • Options
    It did annoy me in the PL when we would lose to Man Utd say and some random bloke you speak to once a year comes up to you and winds you up about beating you even though he's never been to OT. I don't miss that!
  • Options
    most of the people in my school who 'support' a premier league club.
  • Options
    This geezer is a prune. Don't waste your time with him - literally. Make a point next time you see him of telling him that he's a c***, then never speak to him again - I mean NEVER. That will wind him up, trust me. If you happen to be out in a group, for instance, just imagine he isn't there when he talks. I've done this before - it drove a woman I once worked with to distraction - she totally flipped one day in the pub after work and started screaming and calling me all the names under the sun - even when she was calling me a 'f***ing ***!' at the top of her voice I still ignored her - made a point of looking straight through her. Best wind-up I've ever done - seriously, try it if you have the patience.
  • Options
    So Leroy I take it you and she didn't marry? lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This geezer is a prune. Don't waste your time with him - literally. Make a point next time you see him of telling him that he's a c***, then never speak to him again - I mean NEVER. That will wind him up, trust me. If you happen to be out in a group, for instance, just imagine he isn't there when he talks. I've done this before - it drove a woman I once worked with to distraction - she totally flipped one day in the pub after work and started screaming and calling me all the names under the sun - even when she was calling me a 'f***ing ***!' at the top of her voice I still ignored her - made a point of looking straight through her. Best wind-up I've ever done - seriously, try it if you have the patience.
    Thats an amazing idea but i doubt a man will re-act like a woman, they are touchy creatures.
  • Options
    I have been to Old Trafford, Anfield, Chelsea, highbury etc more than about 75% of the people I know who claim to support them. As sais above they are fans ! the word support implies what is required to be there and support your club vocally and financially.
  • Options
    Followers follow ~ by watching on TV, reading the papers and arguing the toss
    Supporters, do just that, support by attending matches and putting their hard earned cash on the line
  • Options
    Was running a training course in Edgware today of the six trainees, 4 were football supporters, 1 arsenal 3 man u .... local support!!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I've done this before - it drove a woman I once worked with to distraction - she totally flipped one day in the pub after work and started screaming and calling me all the names under the sun - even when she was calling me a 'f***ing ***!' at the top of her voice I still ignored her - made a point of looking straight through her. Best wind-up I've ever done - seriously, try it if you have the patience.
    I did this before Leroy.

I'm still living with her 5 years later ;-)

• Options
    Tell him you have only ever missed a televised Charlton game when you attending the actual game.
  • Options
    i'v decided im killing him after the smug remarks about palace and millwall earlier.
  • Options
    will put myself on the line here just started posting on life a few days ago
    am i a follower
    or a supporter
    have attended 2 games this season away to exeter the weekenend first away for 2 years and huddersfield home
    last season done two home games
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I know this is going to sound funny for me to say this but I would rather see a guy wearing a Palace shirt in Bromley Highstreet than someone with a Liverpool or Man Utd shirt. Even though I hate Palace more than Man Utd or Liverpool.

What annoys me is that these plastic fans who claim to be a supporter still ask me, why Charlton? and I get comments like they are rubbish etc. The fact is I am as loyal as anything when it comes to Charlton and whenever I see Charlton fall to pieces like we have in recent years, I will still support and go and watch them. An Arsenal fan I know at work has started to refuse to watch them because they have not been successful the last few years, how ridiculous is that? Especially the fact most of us would dream Charlton to have the same success as Arsenal.

If you come accross a Charlton, Millwall, Palace or Gillingham fan then you know they are local and loyal supporters. A mate of mine who is a Palace fan shows his passion for his team and I admire him than I would do if I was talking to a mate of mine who is an armchair Man Utd fan.
  • Options
    What really annoys me is that people assume the standard in the lower leagues is awful. My mate who apparently supports Liverpool even though hes never been there saw jacko's FK the other week and goes "any prem keeper would have saved that, all league 1 players are sh*t".