Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fake fans

Comments

• Options
    i hate armchair supporters!
    and when u ask why dont the go to watch liverpool,man u etc, they say its too far to go so why support them!

and also millwall fans who think theyre better than us and think the 7-8 thousand home fans make more noise than us when we get just under 20thousand...none of them know what theyre on about
  • Options
    You still get them 'fair weather supporters' at Charlton, during the Sheffield united match the man who iv never seen before keeps showing his disgust at the keeper and how poor we are. There's me thinking he a fairly pessimistic man then soon realised when he turns to me and says " where's Rob Elliot is he injured?"... How can he comment on our beloved Charlton like that I wanted to send him back to his armchair!
  • Options
    Yeah all Prem keepers are quality, De Gea showed that at the weekend.

Ignorance is the key to being a plastic fan. That's why i never can hold a conversation with one during football in a pub. No stories, no experiences and no clue.
  • Options
    Amid all the man utd, chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal tv pundits at my place theres also an unhealthy level of "second teamers".

"Yeah I know you're Charlton, but who's your Premiership team?" was what 2 people have asked in past couple of months.

I may as well have dropped my strides and run through HR with "Down with Diversity" tattooed on my forehead the looks I got when I told them that you only have one team.

Fella on his first day told me he was Man utd (literally cos his best mate lived near Manchester) and Southampton (where he himself comes from). Told him I wouldnt be discussing the matter or any football related conversation with him again and to be fair ever since he only talks about the Saints to me.

Winds the plastic gooners/ utd lot up when you say your "other" team is Barca as they cant question the plasticness of it as glass houses etc.
  • Options
    Yes, Ignorance is the key, and as everyone knows, ignorance is easy. That's why there's so much un-apologetic ignorance about. Actually "loving" a club (not a team)... like truly loving anything in life, takes investing something of your soul—that's not an easy road and there are no guarantees. Those satisfied with living in ignorance have no incentive to actually support a club. They put on the blinkers and associate with anything that gives their sorry sense of self-esteem a quick boost.
  • Options
    will put myself on the line here just started posting on life a few days ago
    am i a follower
    or a supporter
    have attended 2 games this season away to exeter the weekenend first away for 2 years and huddersfield home
    last season done two home games
    Your a supporter i suppose unless you don't go to games unless you can be bothered then your a fan.
  • Options
    I refuse to talk about football with anyone at work who doesn't go at least occasionally, discussing football with plastics is like trying to talk to your nan about house music, they just don't get it and never will.
  • Options
    knock him aaaahhhhhht !!! Ask if he's ever heard of Chopper Harris, if he says no then wait till he's walking down the corridor then run up behind him ...whoomp, take his legs out, ala Eddie Gray in the 1970 FA Cup final.
  • Options
    pwopppa naughtayyyy
  • Options
    Yes, Ignorance is the key, and as everyone knows, ignorance is easy. That's why there's so much un-apologetic ignorance about. Actually "loving" a club (not a team)... like truly loving anything in life, takes investing something of your soul—that's not an easy road and there are no guarantees. Those satisfied with living in ignorance have no incentive to actually support a club. They put on the blinkers and associate with anything that gives their sorry sense of self-esteem a quick boost.
    Blimey, are you sure it's as dramatic as that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It did annoy me in the PL when we would lose to Man Utd say and some random bloke you speak to once a year comes up to you and winds you up about beating you even though he's never been to OT. I don't miss that!
    Since moving to Lancashire, I Have had to put up with that all the time, The One game a season experts i call them.
  • Options
    I have similar issues with my sister in law and her family who are Gills fans but the only time they talk about that to me is to say how Charlton steal there fans, the rest of the time i only hear about there second team Man Utd despite never living further north then Kent and never been to Old Trafford.

• Options
    This geezer is a prune. Don't waste your time with him - literally. Make a point next time you see him of telling him that he's a c***, then never speak to him again - I mean NEVER. That will wind him up, trust me. If you happen to be out in a group, for instance, just imagine he isn't there when he talks. I've done this before - it drove a woman I once worked with to distraction - she totally flipped one day in the pub after work and started screaming and calling me all the names under the sun - even when she was calling me a 'f***ing ***!' at the top of her voice I still ignored her - made a point of looking straight through her. Best wind-up I've ever done - seriously, try it if you have the patience.
    Thats an amazing idea but i doubt a man will re-act like a woman, they are touchy creatures.
    Thats true, a bloke wouldn't notice.
    :D
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with 'glory hunters'. However, i do have a problem when those certain fans take the mickey out of clubs like us or similar to us. That's when i have problems with certain individuals, but if they respect lower-league clubs then i have no problems with them supporting a side like Chelsea or Man Utd, cause at the end of the day its their choice and so be it if they want to make the wrong choice and never experience a match!
  • Options
    Personally I don't think your a real supporter unless your a Charlton supporter and you have to love Chris Powell.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with so-called 'armchair fans' really. People have commitments and responsibilites that mean they can't always attend matches, be they to do with family or finances or whatever. Not travelling up to Carlisle doesn't make you any less of a fan if you pour all of your heart and soul into supporting the club. Every team has fans who go to every game and just abuse the players and loudly complain that the players are wasting their money. The fans who criticise other fans of their club for being 'plastic' just because they don't show up every week are just as bad as the fake mickey-taking fans really - both are trying to be part of a special group that is somehow superior to the other fans. That falls into the category of being a bit of a dick really
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Personally I don't think your a real supporter unless your a Charlton supporter and you have to love Chris Powell.
    This!

And also being on Charltonlife at 4:10 am, reading posts about anything, rather than get your head down for a few hours.
  • Options
    4:09AM @The Prince-e-Paul
    What was you doing O_o
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with so-called 'armchair fans' really. People have commitments and responsibilites that mean they can't always attend matches, be they to do with family or finances or whatever. Not travelling up to Carlisle doesn't make you any less of a fan if you pour all of your heart and soul into supporting the club. Every team has fans who go to every game and just abuse the players and loudly complain that the players are wasting their money. The fans who criticise other fans of their club for being 'plastic' just because they don't show up every week are just as bad as the fake mickey-taking fans really - both are trying to be part of a special group that is somehow superior to the other fans. That falls into the category of being a bit of a dick really
    spot on - dare i say, each as ignorant as each other
  • Options
    This geezer is a prune. Don't waste your time with him - literally. Make a point next time you see him of telling him that he's a c***, then never speak to him again - I mean NEVER. That will wind him up, trust me. If you happen to be out in a group, for instance, just imagine he isn't there when he talks. I've done this before - it drove a woman I once worked with to distraction - she totally flipped one day in the pub after work and started screaming and calling me all the names under the sun - even when she was calling me a 'f***ing ***!' at the top of her voice I still ignored her - made a point of looking straight through her. Best wind-up I've ever done - seriously, try it if you have the patience.
    Two people at work will go absolutely bat shit if I try that to them. They're the attention seeking type who say things to get noticed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two people at work will go absolutely bat shit if I try that to them. They're the attention seeking type who say things to get noticed.
    Win. You need to have the nuts to play it long-term to reap best rewards from it - but the payoff is definitely worth it. Ordinarily I'd say the posters above are right - most blokes wouldn't even notice this, so not worth doing it on them. However, the sort of muppet the OP describes sounds like a perfect candidate for it - I'd do it anyway, he counds like a cock, so what have you got to lose?
  • Options
    Win. You need to have the nuts to play it long-term to reap best rewards from it - but the payoff is definitely worth it. Ordinarily I'd say the posters above are right - most blokes wouldn't even notice this, so not worth doing it on them. However, the sort of muppet the OP describes sounds like a perfect candidate for it - I'd do it anyway, he counds like a cock, so what have you got to lose?
    Haha he was at it again today asking me how i could put up with a cold Tuesday night watching Charlton v Bury, i just blanked him a never said a word and long may it continue!!
  • Options
    Good man. Keep it up!
  • Options
    I'd rather go to Charlton/Bury knowing we have a good chance of winning than Chelsea/Swansea knowing the expensively assembled 'stars' will be lucky to scrape a draw
  • Options
    Haha he was at it again today asking me how i could put up with a cold Tuesday night watching Charlton v Bury, i just blanked him a never said a word and long may it continue!!
    Buy him some slippers!
  • Options
    "buy him some slippers"

How would this help showering the smug twat with gifts even sarcastically will make him even more smug about his leather sofa and t.v.
  • Options
    He's only doing it coz he knows you get wound up about it and if you ask me, completely ignoring him sounds like the sort of thing a girl who's being bullied might be told to do by their mum. Just tell him its a well known fact that all Chelsea fans, particularly armchair ones are twisted violent right wing homosexuals.
  • Options
    He's only doing it coz he knows you get wound up about it and if you ask me, completely ignoring him sounds like the sort of thing a girl who's being bullied might be told to do by their mum. Just tell him its a well known fact that all Chelsea fans, particularly armchair ones are twisted violent right wing homosexuals.
    i will it don't help that he is just generally an ass, i will end up punching him in the nose before i leave for the navy!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    "buy him some slippers"

How would this help showering the smug twat with gifts even sarcastically will make him even more smug about his leather sofa and t.v.
    buy him a drink in the pub, (while he tells you how his tv and sofa was stolen) with the money you got from fencing his gear.
  • Options
    Now that's a plan!