Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next England Manager?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Those who can do, those who can't coach.....
  • Options
    Agreed BA

This also has a major part to play. Slightly out of date figuree, but the point is there

QUALIFIED COACHES IN ENGLAND
    FA Level Five (Uefa Pro): 167
    FA Level Four (Uefa A): 996
    FA Level Three (Uefa B): 3,186
    FA Level Two: 6,957
    FA Level One: 26,273
    FA Youth Award: 3,500

So, just over 4,000 Uefa's B, A and Pro badges
    • Spain has 23,995, Italy 29,420 and Germany 34,790
    wow.
  • Options
    Those who can do, those who can't coach.....
    Well it is quite clear from the past few decades that England have precious few who 'can'

• Options
    Agreed BA

This also has a major part to play. Slightly out of date figuree, but the point is there

QUALIFIED COACHES IN ENGLAND
    FA Level Five (Uefa Pro): 167
    FA Level Four (Uefa A): 996
    FA Level Three (Uefa B): 3,186
    FA Level Two: 6,957
    FA Level One: 26,273
    FA Youth Award: 3,500

So, just over 4,000 Uefa's B, A and Pro badges
    • Spain has 23,995, Italy 29,420 and Germany 34,790
    Says it all really
  • Options
    From 2011

Consider these ratios of UEFA-qualified coaches to active players:

Spain 1:17
    Italy 1:48
    France 1:96
    Germany 1:150
    Greece 1:135
    England 1:812

No, that's not a typo: Spain's ratio is 1 coach to 17 players; England's is an incredible 1 to 812. The Spaniards may be overdoing it (but maybe not, since they're World Champs), but even the Germans have a 1 to 150 ratio.
  • Options
    Yes, pretty telling. But there is some excellent coaching out there - I've seen examples of both with my 11 year old son.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yes, pretty telling. But there is some excellent coaching out there - I've seen examples of both with my 11 year old son.
    No one is doubting that. When we do it, we do it well. But we arent doing it enough to create a national team capable of winning more than a quarter final.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    ALBERT ROSSI would be my choice , Harry redknapp lets be honest good manager or bad? im still not convinced by him yes won fa cup with pompey and done very well at spurs but he hasnt been a great success anywhere else ,as a person harry seems ok ,but as we all know the england job is by far the hardest job in football and the press seem to go after our managers to find skeletons in the closet it wont be long before they find some shite out about harry dont you worry about that.
  • Options
    Harry will get the job...but he'll have to give up the gig as the dog on the Churchill tv ads first.
  • Options
    Get Hiddink in to cover the Euros, then appoint an English manager long term.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Warnock could do a job - like his attitude to be honest and has a good record getting the best out of teams. Would not cost 6 million to get out of a contract and can start tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yes, was surprised to hear that we could get Hiddink on a temporary basis and he is interested - are the FA imbeciles to look such a gift horse in the mouth? If it goes belly up we won't be landed with him for the duration of his multi million pound contract but his impact and interantional record is pretty impressive so as good as chance of any to do a good job. Do these oafs award themselves bonuses? I certainly hope not.
  • Options
    Muttley - I watched the press conference on Thursday. They looked like a Parish Council. The 3 suits spoke up and the only footballer present didn't say a dickie-bird. Germany have Beckenbauer, we have Bernstein.
  • Options
    Muttley - I watched the press conference on Thursday. They looked like a Parish Council. The 3 suits spoke up and the only footballer present didn't say a dickie-bird. Germany have Beckenbauer, we have Bernstein.
    and like any good Council of Suits, money is the priority, the football merely incidental
  • Options
    Doesn't matter who manages the team. They'll never win a damn thing.