Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunday Sun?

Comments

• Options
    Well said, NLA.
  • Options
    As above.
  • Options
    Agreed as above again
  • Options
    Can't wait for this sunday. First edition and yet another paper I'm very happy to completely ignore.

As for it having the best football coverage of all the nationals, this may be true but it's no more than you can read on the net 24 hours earlier..............
  • Options
    Never bought The Sun and never bought The News of the Screws either.
    So obviously I wont be buying The Sunday Sun....hope none of you guys will either.
  • Options
    Popular newspaper content is simply a reflection of what people want. Morales in society are in decline but these newspapers are not the cause.
  • Options
    So obviously I wont be buying The Sunday Sun....hope none of you guys will either.

Ill buy whatever paper I like if that's ok boss. The day I start using football forums for moral guidance is the day I'll put in my request for a one way trip to a euthanasia clinic.
  • Options
    I'm not demanding that these titles close and not sure where I even infer that they should be shut down. I do however regard Murdoch as a cancer in British society, culture and politics generally and his being taken down a peg or two after the NoTW debacle was not before time. I also despair at the obsession with celebrity driven news - or as I prefer to call it, utter shite, but it does seem that knowing which Z list celeb is slightly over-weight, has fallen out with another Z list celeb, or is shagging yet another Z list celeb does seem to float a number of people's boats. Still it's their money and their choice.
    My original post, which you answered, was in response to bedsaddick who did state that he wanted to see it close.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

Ill buy whatever paper I like if that's ok boss. The day I start using football forums for moral guidance is the day I'll put in my request for a one way trip to a euthanasia clinic.
    Chill Rodney......I did say "I hope".......you will of course buy and read exactly what you want to, and rightly so.
    My reasoning is that I simply don't wish to see the Murdoch Empire being successful.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Each to their own - but IMO buying the Sun is a bit like supporting Franchise FC
  • Options
    people slagging the sun in my office make me laugh, all go on about how they never buy it etc etc....then as soon as someone wanders in with a copy they all want a 'quick glance' at it with their lunch!
  • Options

Chill Rodney......I did say "I hope".......you will of course buy and read exactly what you want to, and rightly so.
    My reasoning is that I simply don't wish to see the Murdoch Empire being successful.

I assume you don't have Sky either then?
    Or Read the Times
    Or watch any films or TV programmes made by Fox
    or almost any independent media in Australia, Asia, India, China or Japan

Whilst I don't wish to piss on your bonfire, simply avoiding reading the Sun is not really going to harm the Empire. Even if every single person stopped buying the Sun, it still wouldn't do much more than hurt a bit of Murdoch pride.
    The whole Sun issue is not about him preserving his empire, its simply because Murdoch hates to lose, at anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I noticed that you said "good sh1t and News of the World" in the same breath, Smudge!

Same content, you are right.

;o)
  • Options

I assume you don't have Sky either then?
    Or Read the Times
    Or watch any films or TV programmes made by Fox
    or almost any independent media in Australia, Asia, India, China or Japan

Whilst I don't wish to piss on your bonfire, simply avoiding reading the Sun is not really going to harm the Empire. Even if every single person stopped buying the Sun, it still wouldn't do much more than hurt a bit of Murdoch pride.
    The whole Sun issue is not about him preserving his empire, its simply because Murdoch hates to lose, at anything.
    Well yes.....but I think you get my general drift.
    You're right, it wouldn't be anything more than a token gesture.

• Options
    edited February 2012

Fair enough SA.

But to echo DRF not buying the Sun (which I dont anyway because it's crap) to give Murdoch 2 fingers is pretty futile unfortunatley as most of us buy into Sky, Fox and the other aspects of his empire.

Bit like sourcing a nuclear bomb but refusing to have one of the components for the launch pad transported by truck because that exceeds carbon emissions ;-)
  • Options
    Missed reading a bit of scandal on a Sunday morning, so I will be purchasing the first copy this Sunday.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    people slagging the sun in my office make me laugh, all go on about how they never buy it etc etc....then as soon as someone wanders in with a copy they all want a 'quick glance' at it with their lunch!
    A bit like CL then. Some of my mates gently rib me about CL, but seem to spend a lot of time on here in secret.
  • Options
    I stopped buying the Sun last year when all the scandals came out as a bit of a mini protest and thought I would miss it but I only miss Goals on Monday (I like an easy read on the 6am train to work and read proper papers at work)

The more I hear about the paper/Murdoch empire the more I dislike so will never buy it again, nor the Sunday Sun.

Now read The Daily Mail which I am sure will appeal to the masses on here :)
  • Options
    Sunday is back !

My perfect sunday was a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich, followed by a good sh1t whilst reading the news of the world.
    Sunday was never quite the same without news of the world.

I cant wait for next sunday. Thanks Rupe
    Same here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't bought the sun since the millie dowler scandal and I won't buy this ,

It's not just morals that this scum lack , its humanity itself

Couldn't care if I am the only one , which I doubt very much that has took that stance

Scum who need beating proper beating , I spent years really enjoying the paper its content , absolutely pished over every paper , with its sport coverage as did the notw

It's bad enough that my saturdays and Sundays have something missing because of what the scum that work on the paper done but I can not begin to imagine the pain caused to the dowler family
    Because it was a brilliant newspaper before this of course...

• Options
    Defo buying it.
  • Options
    The only paper worth buying is the Times.The quality of journalism in the Sun is non existant as is most of the other tabloids.
  • Options
    Ah the Daily Mail and General Trust, now there's an upstanding organisation! Northcliffe (who run basically all local newspapers) are almost criminal in their dealings with staff. And the Rothermere's are not that far from the Murdochs in terms of ethics and oneupmanship.
  • Options
    The only paper worth buying is the Times.The quality of journalism in the Sun is non existant as is most of the other tabloids.
    Probably a moot point but its the editorial side that makes the difference. The actual journalists are the often same, certainly of the same calibre, and the source material is often the same as well.
  • Options
    Thats a thing that made me chuckle,watching a documentary where it revealed Sun journalists are trained!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I have never bothered with the sun but being Britains most popular paper (or so the advert suggests) i have always thought it had good buissness sense. It knows how to sell papers. Cocky headlines. Opinionated writers. page 3 models. premiership rumours. celebrity gossip and a few funny comments. all for 20p.
    also for 20p you can get a concise inderpedent. which overall i feel is more worth it than the sun.
    or you can get 2 packets of space invaders for 10p (unless its gone up) which would be better value than the sun as well.
  • Options
    I have never bothered with the sun but being Britains most popular paper (or so the advert suggests) i have always thought it had good buissness sense. It knows how to sell papers. Cocky headlines. Opinionated writers. page 3 models. premiership rumours. celebrity gossip and a few funny comments. all for 20p.
    also for 20p you can get a concise inderpedent. which overall i feel is more worth it than the sun.
    or you can get 2 packets of space invaders for 10p (unless its gone up) which would be better value than the sun as well.
    30p it is mate, and space invaders are normally around the 15p mark
  • Options
    Any one on here buy the Sunday People >>>>>