Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunday Sun?

Comments

• Options
    I could never take it seriously simply because of all the BOLD lettering they used. Did my head in.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I have never bothered with the sun but being Britains most popular paper (or so the advert suggests) i have always thought it had good buissness sense. It knows how to sell papers. Cocky headlines. Opinionated writers. page 3 models. premiership rumours. celebrity gossip and a few funny comments. all for 20p.
    also for 20p you can get a concise inderpedent. which overall i feel is more worth it than the sun.
    or you can get 2 packets of space invaders for 10p (unless its gone up) which would be better value than the sun as well.
    30p it is mate, and space invaders are normally around the 15p mark
    bloody hell! 30p?!
    still get two packets of space invaders though for same price.
    its even more worth buying the 'i' at 20p.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Well the sunday people headline when Charlton went to the Wall and we left the valley was "good riddance and about time " it dammed CAFC and its board >

So how many of you read it > never bought it since
  • Options
    Why can't those of you without the intelligence to understand a real newspaper just buy the Beano instead? I don't give a toss about Murdoch, but trash newspapers - The Sun being the nadir - are bad influence on society and contribute to the systematic dumbing down of the working classes. Even if you think you are buying it ironically, you are contributing.
  • Options
    The Sunday Peephole?

Just another Sun in Labour clothing.
  • Options
    Why can't those of you without the intelligence to understand a real newspaper just buy the Beano instead? I don't give a toss about Murdoch, but trash newspapers - The Sun being the nadir - are bad influence on society and contribute to the systematic dumbing down of the working classes. Even if you think you are buying it ironically, you are contributing.
    Well unfortunately I get 45 minutes on the tube to read my morning paper. I like a non cerebral read at that time of the morning and find the Sun does good sport, business and dare I say it politics. Am sure Trevor Kavanagh won several political journalist of the year awards. To be told I am too thick to understand a 'real' newspaper is a pretty broad generalism such as saying The Albufeira (sp) area caters for the lowest common denominator and that the people who visit are not intelligent enough to to go to a better resort.
  • Options
    Good news/bad news.

The more newspapers we have the better.

But the fewer of them which are owned by Murdoch the better.

So I'm a bit mixed up on this one...
  • Options
    http://dontbuythesun.co.uk/site/

Oh and Trevor Kavanagh may be intelligent, but so was Goebbels.
  • Options
    The Sunday sun , not a very good title , now something like the News of the world that more like it , oh wait that's already been done .
  • Options
    Speaking of Goebbels, put a picture of him in Google Images, got to be related to Rio Ferdinand surely :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mr One Lung, that statement was referring to people who suggested that a broadsheet was
    " boring", not every Sun reader. The bit about buying it "ironically" was more geared up to people like yourself, although if you think their business page, and politics are good, maybe you do belong in the former category?

Your analogy about Albufeira does not work.

As I said, if you like a simple read buy the Beano.
  • Options
    Well the sunday people headline when Charlton went to the Wall and we left the valley was "good riddance and about time " it dammed CAFC and its board >

Never bought it.

Might have read it out of desperation in a waiting room somewhere possibly but cannot recall doing so.

• Options
    Sunday is back !

My perfect sunday was a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich, followed by a good sh1t whilst reading the news of the world.
    Sunday was never quite the same without news of the world.

I cant wait for next sunday. Thanks Rupe

Handy really because then you can wipe your arse with it.
  • Options
    If im honest, ive still not found anything with as good a sport section as the NOTW had
    The Sunday Times sports section is brilliant!
  • Options
    A lot of people say they buy the Sun for the sport. I've never understood this because although there may be 20 odd pages the standard of reporting is garbage.
  • Options
    Well I like to think of myself as an intelligent businessman but with so much news and information available live and daily I rarely buy a weekly paper. But to be honest I like nothing better than a Sunday morning with the Sunday tabloids, cuppa and a bacon sarnie. Nothing too complicated, plenty of pictures and some may actually be factual. So yes I will be adding to my Sunday tabloid collection with the sun and hopefully plenty more Charlton wins on a Saturday will make the read all the more enjoyable. I also have a pal at work who scoffs at the sun, but whenever I buy one at the office he can't stop reading it, I think it's an issue that he feels embarrassed to buy it ...... Well I'm not, I am what I am etc but equally that's why there is so much choice out there, read whatever you want to read.
  • Options
    Brown sauce or ketchup?
    I'm very much an HP/daddys man !
    Sorry have to step in on this one.
    Why would anyone spoil the greatness that is a bacon sandwich with any sauce.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Good call Strasburger, Webby and smudge wrong there then... ;-)
  • Options
    Observer reader here who misses the NOTW. The Sunday Sun will fill a gap but will not be as good a paer - it will have around 20 journalists etc compared to the nearly 200 that the NOTW had.
  • Options
    Gave up buying papers last year.

Murdoch is a busted flush in my book.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Looking forward to a heart rendering story on the front of the sun on sunday or let's get the argies war cry !! ...then a pair of titties of a 18 year old on page three from Chorley perhaps even giving her view on the falklands
  • Options
    You can't see The Falklands from Chorley.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    You can't see The Falklands from Chorley.
    But strangely, I'm given to understand you can see Chorley from The Falklands.........well on a clear day anyway.

• Options
    I fully expect the first front page to just be a picture of Rupert Murdoch dancing on Milly Dowlers grave.
  • Options
    As somebody who spends his time trying to market and advertise products to the 'main stream', I read, enjoy but also track what is/was contained in The Sun and NOTW.

Their exposes over the years have uncovered huge amounts of cheats, villains and wrong people - let's not forget that either.

Love it or hate it, people, in the main, want to buy it or if they don't buy it, they read somebody else's.

As the public get more dumb downed through the ages and news, sport, entertainment get consumed through the web, iphones, androids, tablets etc, the physical 'paper copy' newspaper will become redundant anyway.

I happen to think Murdoch is too powerful but have nothing but respect for how he has modernised the modern media world globally. I abhore the phone tapping scandal, but if that Media Group have learnt their lesson, paid their fines then let them get on with continuing to radically change how we watch sport, read the news and keep up to date with worldwide events.

It sounds like jealousy from some on here!
  • Options
    Nothing like a scoop hey superclive?!
  • Options

Really ? Don't remember that ! Damn the board for taking us on a trek to thornton heath fine but why "good riddance and about time " ?
  • Options
    you sure jdsd42? i thought we were loved unconditionally by everyone