Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbishley turns down Wolves job

According to Jeff on Sky Sports just now.

Seems like he doesn't really want another job.

Comments

• Strange to turn it down after applying for it and actually getting it! Sure we will find out why.
  • edited February 2012
    Strange decision by Curbs..........if true of course!
  • Money? Backroom staff? Budget for players?
    Is Curbs a bit rusty in management these days?
  • edited February 2012
    Money? Backroom staff? Budget for players?
    Is Curbs a bit rusty in management these days?<</b>/blockquote>

I think so, I don't think he'll ever manage a major team again in any division
  • Wolves wanted warnock maybe curbs didn't want to be 2nd choice , not really been in a postion to pick and choose lately,

Could be career suicide
  • Strange decision, has to be the best offer he's going to get right now.. although as the window is shut id guess he thinks the current squad is destined for the drop
  • Perhaps Curbs has done his homework on conditions the Wolves' board expected him to do the job?

Remember their chairman storming into the dressing room to bollock the team?
    Curbs wouldn't tolerate that.

• Perhaps Curbs has done his homework on conditions the Wolves' board expected him to do the job?

Remember their chairman storming into the dressing room to bollock the team?
    Curbs wouldn't tolerate that.

I expect it's something along those lines. Curbs doesn't NEED a job desperately, and he got pretty badly burned by interfering higher-ups at West Ham as well, I seem to remember.

• Seems a strange decision if true. I can't see him strolling into a much bigger job after being out for so long. Might be waiting for the Villa one though.
  • Shows he's not really bothered whether he gets a management job. Shame would have like dto see him back in football management
  • Sponsored links:

• IF Bruce gets it then Wolves are downward bound

• He's in a position where he can affored to look at the reasons not to take on a job before the reasons to take it. He's obviously not that fussed about managing again, but it seems does/did have an attitude about being too good for a lot of clubs. Shame as there are a lot of bad managers out there who keep taking on jobs. He's a loss to football, but if it's what he wants then that's up to him, good luck to him he's earn't the right to do what he wants.
  • I guess Media work is a lot less stressful.
  • Surely as others have said Villa is perfect for him. McLeish is clearly setting his stall out to make his replacement look a messiah. A potentially good 15-16 players there, needing a tweak. He doesn't have to waltz in with a mind blowing acquisition policy, they pretty much have the best youth policy in the league; even if O'Neill did his best at under-selling them.

How Randy Lerner considered Houllier above him is crazy, but it could be an absolute blessing. Big wage players are going to be out of contract end of season, if Lerner let's him tweak a little they should have a very good platform. Wolves is an impossible job.
  • I think he is really only going to manage with a team with a dedcent chairman /board like he had with Murray.
  • Wolves is going to be a relegation and rebuild job.
  • I suspect they offered him the job till the end of the season. Can't blame him fir turning it down if that is the reason
  • I suspect they offered him the job till the end of the season. Can't blame him fir turning it down if that is the reason
    But then if I was them and took a chance with a guy that has not done the job for a few years then I would want to offer him a suck it and see contract.

• i think he's just biding his time until chrissy powell has got the england job and he'll return to us.
  • Even if Villa happen to be looking for a manager soon it won't be Curbs that they go after, no way.
  • Sponsored links:

• You have to admire him, the man has class and isn't going to sell himself short. He had an amazing relationship with Richard Murray and got badly burnt by boardroom interferance at Wet Spam so he's seen both sides of the coin. He's obviously made the decision he's only going to take the right job for him and not whore himself around to all and sundry. I always admire a man of principal so I say fair play to him.

From a personal perspective it's good news as he'll keep his regular gig punditting the Premier League coverage out here, which he's also very good at.
  • Even if Villa happen to be looking for a manager soon it won't be Curbs that they go after, no way.
    he was in the running for villa pre houllier
  • edited February 2012
    Think waggy should be jacko and or greens backup daft making green play out of position sorry wrong thead :)
  • Think waggy should be jacko and or greens backup daft making green play out of position
    Do you reckon that's why Curbs turned Wolves down?

:-)
  • On Twitter they are saying it's over the length of contract.
  • Think waggy should be jacko and or greens backup daft making green play out of position
    Do you reckon that's why Curbs turned Wolves down?

:-)

LOL!!!!!!

• Yep, altho im blaming being on my iphone while on dull visit to wifes friends house..
  • Jez Moxey has Tweeted that Curbs remains a target.

Moxey_JezJez Moxey

I will also confirm Alan Curbishley is still a target despite media reports #wwfc #wolves
  • perhaps Curbs will replace Mugson at Sheffield Weds, sure to be sacked soon.
  • Quite simple really. Once Curbs read my comments on what to avoid in another thread, he changed his mind.