Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curbishley turns down Wolves job

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2012
    How can you be 100% committed to a club, but only till the end of a season.
  • Options
    @inc Very perceptive post. They need a confident personality - a firefighter/Red Adair figure - prepared to say, 'Pay me the going rate, and if I keep you up, you'll pay me a £1 million bonus. If I fail, I'll walk away'.

exactly .....
    Someone like Iain Dowie, perhaps?

Isn't that what we offered Pardew when he joined us?
  • Options
    Brian McDermott now in the frame to takeover
  • Options
    I really don't like the look of him.

• Options

The Greg Wallace look?
  • Options
    I don't blame Curbs for being a bit picky, and especially for not wanting to uproot to the Midlands for what might be a short-term appointment. It's his choice, he's lucky enough to afford to be picky and not so desperate that he's happy to be on the depressing managerial merry-go-round a la Megson, Warnock etc.

But I am intrigued as to what job he would take. There are only so many clubs within a reasonable drive from Chigwell
    Dagenham & Redbridge ? .. he would have the chance to start totally from scratch with no expectations, no money and little hope, a bit like when he started at Charlton. My man John Still may well need retiring after taking the Daggers to a few divisions above their most optimistic expectations.
  • Options

The Greg Wallace look?
    Mixed with a Matt Lucas biscuit base......
  • Options
    Should the title not be 'Curbs pulls out of the Wolves manager race' as not sure he was offered the job, just that they didnt share his vision.
  • Options
    I'm sure I've read that Curbs was offered the job - but wouldn't accept such a short term contract until only the end of this season.

• Options
    Turned them down twice now, apparently!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17112269
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "...while former Queens Park Rangers manager Ray Wilkins has said he would be interested if approached."

I'm sure he would be, but I'm even surer he won't!
  • Options
    my word
  • Options
    I would be very wary of anything reported by the BBC's Midlands "expert" Pat Murphy. He sets himself up as having the ear of everyone at Brum, Wolves, Villa, etc and Warwickshire CC. He's the king of "I understand" and "I am lead to believe" etc whilst I'll wager he just sits at his desk making things up. He has been so far off the makr on so many occasions I wonder how he has kept his job?
  • Options
    Looks like he turned it down AGAIN.
    As he stated recently, he is after a Premiership position.
    It is clear after his honourable behaviour regarding the end of his Charlton reign and at Wet Spam that he wont put up with any bull from Boards or Chairmen. A man of integrity.

From BBC today
    Wolves fail with second Alan Curbishley approach

Wolves have failed in a fresh attempt to make Alan Curbishley their new manager, BBC Sport understands.

Curbishley was interviewed for the job last week but pulled out of the running because he and the board did not share a vision for the club.

Wolves made another approach to the ex-Charlton and West Ham boss three days later but he turned them down again.
  • Options
    Looks like he turned it down AGAIN.

So that's 3 times now????
  • Options
    I would be very wary of anything reported by the BBC's Midlands "expert" Pat Murphy. He sets himself up as having the ear of everyone at Brum, Wolves, Villa, etc and Warwickshire CC. He's the king of "I understand" and "I am lead to believe" etc whilst I'll wager he just sits at his desk making things up. He has been so far off the makr on so many occasions I wonder how he has kept his job?
    You might be right when it comes to Murphy as a football writer. I don't know.

But when it comes to cricket he certainly knows what he's talking about and is impeccably well connected. He has ghosted books for Botham, Viv Richards, Gooch and Graeme Hick among others and has a list of cricket contacts that is second to none.

• Options
    I don't think being a Ghost Writer for those players you mentioned and others means he knows anything about cricket. In fact I'd say, as pretty much a cricket expert myself, that he knows very little about cricket, very little indeed.