Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Ath v Rochdale 21 February 2012 - Preview, views, predictions and team news

Comments

• Options
    match postponed due to drought.
  • Options
    4-0 and another penalty with BWP scoring it
  • Options
    Need a good home win going into the end of the season. Especially as Sheff U are sneaking up on us.

Dear Charlton, I would like a 3(at least) - 0. Playing well, with at least 2 goals from open play.
    Love you!
    EastStand.
    x
  • Options
    Would really like to see some goals tomorrow. Shoot on sight policy is what's needed rather than trying to walk the ball into the net
  • Options
    Lol, very good.

Back to winning ways and striker goals.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Rochdale finding it difficult to score away from home at present, we always seem to nick one so an uncomfortable 1-0 win for the Addicks.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited February 2012
    Surely this is a game we ought to win but football being football you never can tell. I do feel we're just too strong for this lot though. We may huff and puff a bit but I can't see us dropping points in this one. I can see a couple of different scenarios though. Either another pedestrian 1-0 win with lots of frustration all round with a defender/midfielder getting a scrappy winner, or a resounding 3-0 win either due to a change in personnel as talked about elsewhere or just because BWP, Yann, Green etc. finally click again.
  • Options
    Really feel we need a big win soon, or this we could find ourselves crawling over the finishing line. If it was me I would give kermo a rest and play Hayes, especially with a very physical stevenage side to play on Saturday. However, i cant see Powell doing that so hopefully kermo and BWP can get back among the goals in this one.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of changing a successful side and I'm a big Kermorgant fan but even I'd like to see Hayes tomorrow. I think he's been very unfortunate and his '1 good touch/2 bad touch, 2 bad touch/2 good touch, sublime touch, fall over' strategy should be perfect for unlocking Rochdale's defence. Stick him up front with BWP, give Kerms a rest, see how it pans out. I'd also like to delay seeing Clarke as I really feel he's not going to pan out for this club. Rochdale's refusal to score away should bode well for us
  • Options
    going for a 0-0 for this one with us failing to create or finish chances! it's a game where you can't underestimate Rochdale because they are in the bottom four fighting for there lives to stay up but they can be a good side at times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Preview spot on, 3-0 BWP first goalscorer
  • Options
    I definitely agree that a change of plan up front is required and yes hayes with bwp and yann on the bench or fully rested. The only thing is it may be too much to expect anything to come of this in the first half and goals will come in the second half. It is wrong to suppose that defence and midfield have anything to worry about; they have been making up for the weak strikeforce for ages now and defending well. No the changes should be in the strike partnership. The miss from offside on sat by bwp says its all about confidence and strikers needs a fair few chances to get their confidence back and maybe hayes is the man to make them happen as a pass or through ball is better perhaps than a flick on with the head.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Surely they're not going to postpone just because BWP hasn't scored since November?

I predict a goal downpour and a Rochdale keeper washed away in the flood!

• Options
    we are gonna smash em 5-0
  • Options
    We are due to give someone a real pasting or be on the end of a thorough hiding. I'm plumping for the former and choose a 4-0 scoreline. The Baroness on the flipside says 1-3 and a major wake up call.
  • Options
    we've got to take advantage of our remaining home games, we can't afford to let these sides come and park the bus. Open 'em up charlton!!!
  • Options
    We're going to lose, we can't score, we've been found out, lucky to make the play offs from now on
    what a loser and non supporting troll you really are
  • Options
    We're going to lose, we can't score, we've been found out, lucky to make the play offs from now on
    He was being ironic.
  • Options
    Whoooooooooooooooooooshhhh.

You take the Beck role here sunshine.
  • Options
    2-0. Stephens & bwp
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A role reversal to the MK dons game. We toy with them for 60 minutes, pass it round going nowhere and then BOOM we smash the granny out of them for the last half hour. 4-0. Phillips gets the lot.
  • Options
    Powell gives the 'lads' a talking to and gets their minds back on track ... CAFC 3 v Rochdale 1
  • Options
    3-0
    BWP, Stephens, Morrison
  • Options
    Bonjour Chaps - first post for moi.
    Really feel next 2 games are critical. 2 wins and we are 12 points clear and almost home and hosed - lose, and doubts could creep in.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited February 2012
    Welcome Cool_Dude. Are you? :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    COME ON YOU HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!!!

haddocks 3

the dales 0
  • Options
    3-0 Hollands , Stephens and Green.
  • Options
    I was bang on about the MK prediction, so I say 2-0 win
  • Options
    Psychic RM here at another ungodly hour...........and first I must apologise, last Friday Morning my balls got carried away with themselves acted very prematurely and came out with a 3-0 victory to the addicks, that is the 'rashest' they have been all season and I can only think its because Mrs RM had been very good with 'sorting them out' a little earlier!! Anyway on to tonights match (balls are much more reserved this morning - Mrs RM is still asleep)...........so with a gentle caress from me.........ah thats seems more like it'.........a 2-1victory with BWP and Kermy back on the scoresheet...........now I feel so much better with that prediction.... they are much calmer ......so off to get ready for work and put my balls away.

Match thread tonight from 7:15........last one for a week as RM is at Stevenage game on Saturday.

Cheers all.........and remember if you've got them ........look after your balls!!!