Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Book early for Booing

Comments

• Options
    I don’t think most people know what they are booing at the full time whistle. The defeat ? The ref ? The opposition goalkeeper ? Our own team ? It seems to me that if the result hasn’t gone our way, people just boo anyway as the opposite to cheering if it’s a positive result. The same people booing often stop and start clapping once the players come over - very odd !! 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I seem to recall a crap run over Dec - Jan in our promotion season last year, I think the win at Wimbledon broke it funnily enough. 
    promoted last year ? I might have some bad news for you...
    Technically we were promoted last year, May 2019 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I seem to recall a crap run over Dec - Jan in our promotion season last year, I think the win at Wimbledon broke it funnily enough. 

Seems like a life time ago but we were promoted to the Championship in May 2019; which was so last year.
  • Options
    Golfie Jnr was commenting on the Talksport piece the other day about the CAFC fan who left the game early last week. He said that he would never leave a game early - EVER - and would stay to the bitter end if only to show is displeasure by booing.

I don' know where he gets it from.............. ;)  
  • Options
    In Season 2011-12 when we Won with 101 points. Our worst run was in March when we lost 3 drew 1 and Won 1 in that month. We then won 8 of the next 9 with the other a draw. 

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    We won the play off final in 2019 didnt we? Im no mathematician, but Im pretty sure thats last year. 
  • Options
    I don’t think most people know what they are booing at the full time whistle. The defeat ? The ref ? The opposition goalkeeper ? Our own team ? It seems to me that if the result hasn’t gone our way, people just boo anyway as the opposite to cheering if it’s a positive result. The same people booing often stop and start clapping once the players come over - very odd !! 
    A crap performance?
  • Options
    Whether it’s because they aren’t used to fans being in the ground but most of the players walked off without applauding the crowd after MK Bowyer and Pratley excepted.

i was applauding after not being able to go for me it was for the past dozen or so games not just that game. 
  • Options
    Golfie Jnr was commenting on the Talksport piece the other day about the CAFC fan who left the game early last week. He said that he would never leave a game early - EVER - and would stay to the bitter end if only to show is displeasure by booing.

I don' know where he gets it from.............. ;)  
    My Dad was forced to leave by his neighbour who took him as a 12 year old against  Huddersfield at 5-1 and has never gotten over it. As a result it was drilled into myself and my brother you never leave before the final whistle whatever the score or performance.

• Options
    As long as you do it quietly so as not to disturb the neighbours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think I have only booked them off when they put in a completely abject performance in a game that really matters. So basically any Millwall game.
  • Options
    Whether it’s because they aren’t used to fans being in the ground but most of the players walked off without applauding the crowd after MK Bowyer and Pratley excepted.

i was applauding after not being able to go for me it was for the past dozen or so games not just that game. 
    I noticed that as well, Pratters the only person to come over to the East stand
  • Options
    I dont think Ive ever booed a Charlton team, but Ive been angry at the team in the past if theyve played poorly so I dont blame ppl who do. 
  • Options
    I think booing should be reserved for truly abject performances.
    We were 2 nil down at home to Norwich a few years back and it was the worst i’d ever seen us play. Deserving of a boo at half time
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I think booing should be reserved for truly abject performances.
    We were 2 nil down at home to Norwich a few years back and it was the worst i’d ever seen us play. Deserving of a boo at half time

I remember that match so well.
    Luzon was the manager and we were lucky to have nil. So I decided to be pro active and as he came out from the tunnel for the 2nd half back to the dug out I indicated to Luzon to play two strikers. I did not swear but the two fingers and play two strikers was my 30 second mantra back to the bemused Israeli. 
    Luzon never said a word, the few fans who were back in the front row stood up as they could see I was a man on a mission as we walked the yards back to the dugout.

Luzon suddenly pointed back to the tunnel and Tony Watt immerged and came jogging down the touchline to join Igor Vetokele up front.

2nd half we were so much better and from memory both Watt and Igor scored and I'm certain it was 2-3.

Blimey, he listened to you said the half a dozen guys sitting around me !

• Options
    Is a home defeat against Wigan to soon….. ? 
  • Options
    Already just happened mate.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Watching on stream and thought I heard boos from the away fans as Adkins and team went over? 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    cs1986 said:
    Watching on stream and thought I heard boos from the away fans as Adkins and team went over? 
    Yeah loads of boos at the end. A fairly loud you're not fit to wear the shirt as well. I think tbh they should of just gone down the tunnel after that performance.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Booing and chants of not fit to wear the shirts from some of the supporters who stayed behind
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crispy said:
    We won all 3 of those games back in 2012 so fingers crossed the resurrection of this thread does the same trick!
    Anything worth a try…… 
  • Options
    Not keen on booing and fear it could be counterproductive if it builds a them and us atmosphere between players and supporters. That said, I feel anyone who made that journey and paid their cash to watch that utter garbage was fully justified if they wanted to.