Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Dickson

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
signed for AEL Limassol for 70,000Euros...seems like he's done quite well in Cyprus, good luck to him!

http://www.soccerfame.com/transfer/7539/chris-dickson

sorry if this is old news...

Comments

• Options
    Could have been good for us, but wrong player at the wrong time.
  • Options
    There were flashes of ability but not much in the way of tactical understanding. Pardew and Parkinson weren't really the men to teach him either. 4 goals in 17 games in Cyprus doesn't exactly suggest he's one that got away though.
  • Options
    He was an ok player, just didn't get many chances to show what he was capable of.
  • Options
    Paul Gorman: the 2nd
  • Options
    The new Ian Wright :-)
  • Options
    There were flashes of ability but not much in the way of tactical understanding. Pardew and Parkinson weren't really the men to teach him either. 4 goals in 17 games in Cyprus doesn't exactly suggest he's one that got away though.
    18 in 27 according to Wiki which is more accurate. I used to follow him on Nea Salamis website and he rarely went a game without scoring although was often subbed. I'm not sure those stats include this season.
  • Options
    Thought he was rubbish, failed to apply himself so any potential he had was wasted
  • Options
    Non league player
  • Options
    A legend in his lunchtime.
  • Options
    They do not have offside in Cyprus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you only have to see what he did at Gillingham to prove he was not rubbish. I'm not saying we should have kept him and his attitude and arrogance was there for everyone to see. When he joined Charlton he became too arrogant and assumed it would just happen for him. I still think he could do a Mcleod esque and score a bundle in League 2.
  • Options
    "attitude and arrogance" You met him a few times then?
    Why do fans always make such statements of fact about players they have never met?
  • Options
    all in all he wasnt vey good
  • Options
    0 goals in 28 league appearances for Charlton.
  • Options
    you only have to see what he did at Gillingham to prove he was not rubbish. I'm not saying we should have kept him and his attitude and arrogance was there for everyone to see. When he joined Charlton he became too arrogant and assumed it would just happen for him. I still think he could do a Mcleod esque and score a bundle in League 2.
    He obviously wasnt good enough but personally I didn't witness much arrogance and thought he had a pretty sound attitude, was clearly desperate to play for Charlton and worked hard when he was on the pitch for us.... compared to McLeod who clearly was arrogance (his celebration after miskicking his first goal for us at long last away at West Brom) and didnt look like he particularly wanted to fight for our cause.
  • Options
    Was truly gutted when this didn't happen. Can't remember liking a players so much or wanting one to prove the critics wrong as much as him.

Bumped into him once at Catford Goals and about as far from arrogant as i could imagine possible.

Good luck to the lad.

• Options
    Why do fans always make such statements of fact about players they have never met?
    I met him a couple of times and he certainly had an attitude.
  • Options
    Met him, yes, an attitude and arrogance. Not as bad as Mcleod though.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    played against him. he is gangsta whaaaaaaaaaat brap.
  • Options
    DRFDRF
    edited February 2012
    He was an outgoing personality no doubt. But he was not arrogant - how could you be with the number of knock-backs he got? And 'attitude' is totally self-defining. I thought he was a really nice bloke, warm, friendly and only Lloyd Sam made me laugh more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some people mistake natural black 'sass' as attitude and arrogance, which is a shame.

I'm a brother myself so have experienced this phenomenom first hand.
  • Options
    Didn't he score against West Brom?

• Options
    Didn't he score against West Brom?

cup
  • Options
    good luck to him, he must be on a nice little earner on a sunny mediterranean island .. do I not fancy that
  • Options
    Some people mistake natural black 'sass' as attitude and arrogance, which is a shame.

I'm a brother myself so have experienced this phenomenom first hand.
    Well put me down as not bein a fan of 'sass'
  • Options
    good luck to him, he must be on a nice little earner on a sunny mediterranean island .. do I not fancy that
    Cyprus is a shit hole compared to Grimsby ;-)

• Options
    Was truly gutted when this didn't happen. Can't remember liking a players so much or wanting one to prove the critics wrong as much as him.

Bumped into him once at Catford Goals and about as far from arrogant as i could imagine possible.

Good luck to the lad.

Yeah, I agree. It would have been a really great story and I took a bit of a shine to him. He was kind of like a (very) poor man's Fuastino Asprillia which made him very entertaining to watch, if also quite frustrating. He definitely deserved more of a crack at League 1 football than Parky gave him, especially as Shizzle was inexplicably brought back in from the cold.

I wish the kid well. I'm sure he's having a fantastic time getting paid to play football in on a sunny Island full of drunk girls in bikinis. People may snear about the standard of the league he's playing in but I'd swap positions with him in half a heartbeat.
  • Options
    Cyprus is a shit hole compared to Grimsby ;-)

lol, I am so glad RCT that you appreciate the charms of a genteel little seaside (well big riverside) town which also nestles at the foot of the glorious Lincolnshire wolds.. there will always be a welcome here for a man of wealth and taste such as your good self ... have fun now, if that is possible in S E London these days
  • Options
    Better fish n chips in Grismby.
  • Options
    Indeed, though nowadays the fish is most likely to be caught by a trawler out of Peterhead, Bilbao, Iceland or Vladi(ferkin)vostock than Grimsby, although there are a few signs of a fishing revival in Hull and Grimsby .. as for Mr Dickson, he wouldn't get near a mariners team which is playing out of its collective skin