Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Dickson

Comments

• Options
    Already got 2 in 2 for new club (plus 4 minutes as sub), may get a league winners medal this year - did he get a Div 2 medal with Nea Salamis?
  • Options
    I think he thought he was better than he actually was but no harm in a striker being confident. Good luck to him I say. Rather slum it in Cyprus than at some Godforsaken non league ground here.
  • Options
    he looked non-league every time I saw him
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    He's already got a couple of important goals and AEL are currently top, so there is a chance he'll be gracing San Siro or Camp Nou in the Champion's League next season...
  • Options
    He's already got a couple of important goals and AEL are currently top, so there is a chance he'll be gracing San Siro or Camp Nou in the Champion's League next season...
    That would be increadibly weird. Watching him run out against barca or ac milan.

• Options
    Another one we let go.

Gutted.
  • Options
    Truly.
  • Options
    Better fish n chips in Grismby.
    As they say they piss on our fish
  • Options
    "attitude and arrogance" You met him a few times then?
    Why do fans always make such statements of fact about players they have never met?
    actually yer a mate of mine knew him well, and I can tell you a couple of stories about his arrogance. He was obsessed with himself, he believed that he was going right to the top. He was always moaning that he never played enough because he believed he was the best striker in the champ!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Now available on e-bay, Chris Dickson's signed Llanera shirt: £99.99 or best offer. Ad states in the blurb 'this is for shirt only' : presumably they don't want people thinking they get the player as well for that money!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember him playing one game for us at The Valley where he looked really, really good.

He picked up the ball on the half way line and then managed to skill his way past about 4-5 of players and produced a good save from the keeper. I got really excited at that point but from then on it just wasn't to be.

Good luck to him though. Many Englishmen go abroad and immediately come back, sounds like he has settled well.
  • Options
    Just some of his best somehow they managed to get 6 minutes of his career into it
  • Options
    He must be doing something right out there. His side (AEL) won the Cypriot league and will play in the champions league qualifiers next season.
  • Options
    Yer cant imagine the cypriat league is much more competitive then league 1 at best
  • Options
    I was going to watch the video above but First I checked the video quality (240p). Minecraft football, not for me.............................................
  • Options
    True i doubt the Cypriot league is that great but they beat APOEL to the title and APOEL topped a group with Zenit, Porto and Shakhtar in it and then knocked Lyon out in this years Champions league
  • Options
    that video is pretty bad...
  • Options
    Dicko was Alrite met him quite often through a mutual friend and he always went out of his way to meet up and chat when we were in the same company, I liked him a lot my boy thought he was cool

Arrogant as a person never

Arrogant about his talent yep and why not as a footballer you need to have the arrogance and swagger
  • Options
    There's a fine line between arrogance and self confidence. One can easily be mistaken for the other.

In a very competitive line of work such as football, You need a certain amount of self belief. As long as you keep striving to better yourself then no problem.

As for Dickson on a personal note, I've never met the guy so have no comment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lovely fella, would have done well under Chris.
    Doing brilliantly for AEL and clearly showing he was always a confidence player which was knocked when with us.
    Don't believe anyone who slags off his personality really knows him.
    As for the quality of the league / team well everyone will get the chance to see when they're in the champions league next year.
    As for me, I believe in credit where its due and I think he deserves some.
  • Options
    Good luck to him.

As others have said very much a confidence player but Parky didn't seem to rate him and he wasn't able to show what he was capable of during his opportunities.

Remember at home to Bristol City when we lost 2-0 under Pardew in late Sept or early Oct of the season we went down he came on as sub as 0-1 and very nearly equalised in front of the Covered End. Think if that had gone in things may have turned out quite differently for him @CAFC.
  • Options
    Remember he had a really good performance against Plymouth when we won 2-0, all that was missing was a goal. Who knows what would have happened if he got a couple for us as he was certainly a confidence player who showed at Gills he can score and has some ability.

Wish him good luck.
  • Options
    I do think that, had powell been Chris Dickson's manager, he could of been a very good player for us
  • Options
    I do think that, had powell been Chris Dickson's manager, he could of been a very good player for us
    any player would!
  • Options
    Good luck to him.

As others have said very much a confidence player but Parky didn't seem to rate him and he wasn't able to show what he was capable of during his opportunities.

Remember at home to Bristol City when we lost 2-0 under Pardew in late Sept or early Oct of the season we went down he came on as sub as 0-1 and very nearly equalised in front of the Covered End. Think if that had gone in things may have turned out quite differently for him @CAFC.
    To be honest I think he showed exactly what he was capable of every time I saw him play !

ha ha that Bristol game summed him up for what he was .....a non league player totally out of his depth. He received the ball some way out, put his head down & ran & ran ............ & ran without a challenge coming in until he got to the edge of the area when one of their defenders just took the ball away as Dickson yet again allowed the ball to run away out of control.

As for CP turning him into a good player, CP has brought talented players to the club & moulded them into a very good team, if dickson had been here last season he would have been out come the summer. You simply can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear !
  • Options
    He did pretty decent for gills on loan
  • Options
    Are people forgetting that his all round play was awful? People moan about BWP on here but BWP's workrate is double that of Dickson's!

People also forgetting he was crap in his 2nd spell at Gillingham.
  • Options
    It's difficult to understand the change in Dickson between his first spell at Gillingham and his second. They really wanted to keep him after his first spell, but the Charlton management at the time, in their wisdom, decided to keep him on our books. He seemed to go downhill after that. Comments made by Parkinson after he left indicate that the view was he just wasn't good enough, certainly not as good as he thought he was. His subsequent career would seem to bear that out.
  • Options
    "As for CP turning him into a good player, CP has brought talented players to the club & moulded them into a very good team, if dickson had been here last season he would have been out come the summer. You simply can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear ! "

I really don't know how you can say that given how well he's doing at AEL. The man has become one of the best players in a team that has acheived a champions league spot for heavens sake.