Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell in the Mail on Sunday

Comments

• Options
    That guy is class. Simple as that.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Lad
    Gave him another facebook status and everything.
  • Options
    Think that might be the best thing I've ever read. Serious serious man love for him.
  • Options
    Well done to Mick Collins for the doing the interview, exceptionally good
  • Options
    He's class isn't he. As a side note to the article I am now wondering if there is real money behind us or has CP and the board just got everything spot on so far. Squad development next season will tell us the answer. Great article for Charlton fans to read though.
  • Options
    Choked me up.
  • Options
    I want his babies...
  • Options
    On a side note, I think that's the first interview with Powell I've seen this season where the colour of his skin is not mentioned.
    Good point. What a super interview - and lovely pic of him at Charlton station in the sunshine! So, so pleased it has all worked out for him and us.

• Options
    "Show respect and, in return, earn it, don’t just demand it."

Perhaps he should stand as PM when he leaves Charlton.
  • Options
    "Show respect and, in return, earn it, don’t just demand it."

Perhaps he should stand as PM when he leaves Charlton.
    Give him a chance as England manager first.
    Actually, would have thought the UN was maybe more up his street...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    is mick collins a charlton fan or something? might of missed a trick.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Top article, top Manager.
  • Options
    Well done @MickCollins

Very proud one of our members has done such a fantastic piece
  • Options
    ‘People think we’ve spent a fortune,’ said Powell. ‘In fact, our budget is half that of Huddersfield and nowhere near either of the two Sheffield clubs. I’ve been creative, used free transfers and moved on people who couldn’t do what I needed them to.’
  • Options
    ‘People think we’ve spent a fortune,’ said Powell. ‘In fact, our budget is half that of Huddersfield and nowhere near either of the two Sheffield clubs. I’ve been creative, used free transfers and moved on people who couldn’t do what I needed them to.’
    It's about the same as Rochdale's.
    Get's coat :-)
  • Options
    Mick Collins is to be congratulated on a brilliant article.
    Also, I am very glad that I wasnt the only one who got a bit choked, when I read the last bit. Thought I was going a bit soft.
  • Options
    ‘I want them to be humble, because they’re lucky. They do the best job in the world,’ said Powell.

‘Show respect and, in return, earn it, don’t just demand it. At the training ground, treat the kitchen staff and the groundsmen properly, with the respect they deserve. It helps to build something bigger.’

I know its already been said but the above quote is the 'stand-out' one for me..... shows to me that CP wants his team to have standards and he expects them to keep to them. Respect is to be earnt never should be a 'given' just because...........well done CP you are a man of great morals.....long may you continue to be the Charlton manager.
  • Options
    choked me up, what a man, what a club
  • Options
    Brilliant read, love him. Powells going to be here for a long time and it's going to be a great journey.
  • Options
    great article by Mick Collins.

Interesting that he says the budget is much smaller than the three Yorks Club (which tallies with what he said last May @ Bromley Addicks.)

The respect the kitchen staff etc sounds like a swipe at the likes of the Danny Murphy.

Love the ending quote but one small point. Nothing about Powell being a Black manager. Why does no reporter ever ask him about that : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love the ending quote but one small point. Nothing about Powell being a Black manager. Why does no reporter ever ask him about that : - )
    Didn't I once hear Mick say he was colour-blind?
  • Options
    Great piece Mick on a total class act.
  • Options
    Great article.

It also doesn't go on about SCP being one of three black managers for a change.
  • Options
    Has anyone mentioned the fact that it doesn't mention the fact that Chris Powell is black? ;)
  • Options
    Fantastic article. That man is pure class and his ethos is fantastic and fits in perfectly with our classy club!

What he said about budgets is very interesting - should someone tell the wendies?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Has anyone mentioned the fact that it doesn't mention the fact that Chris Powell is black? ;)
    I didn't read the thread!!!!
  • Options
    Great article and a great photo too
  • Options
    Great article and a great photo too
    I was wondering what he bought from the vending machine?

• Options
    did anyone else click on to the 'sexpresso' article ....perve
  • Options
    did anyone else click on to the 'sexpresso' article ....perve
    Yep. Was hoping it was around here.