Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Footballer Mark McCammon launches race discrimination claim

Comments

• Options
    The "cardigan" dig was the give away that he has previous.

Thing is it wasn't a closed debate at all. It was very open but what Browntrousers couldn't cope with was one person (not a party, just one person) disagreeing with him. More people actually agreed with some of what he said than not as it happens so the "party line" and "I'm a victim" lines fail as well.

He thought his comments would just to accepted as fact, most likely because when he expresses them elsewhere no one engages in debate and just agrees with him. So when his views were countered with other views the insults ("PC Police, closed minds, prammy etc) came out.

Enough on this now. Personally think MM case is weak and the case against Terry will fail but I'll wait for the evidence to come out and for the courts to do their work before pre-judging who is right or wrong or drawing conclusions about the whole legal system based on two unconnected cases.
  • Options
    By the looks of where he's at now, He wasn't released because he was black. He was released because he's shit!
    Sweep winner again. Cheers Greenwich person ;-)

?
  • Options

Thing is it wasn't a closed debate at all. It was very open but what Browntrousers couldn't cope with was one person (not a party, just one person) disagreeing with him. More people actually agreed with some of what he said than not as it happens so the "party line" and "I'm a victim" lines fail as well.

He thought his comments would just to accepted as fact, most likely because when he expresses them elsewhere no one engages in debate and just agrees with him. So when his views were countered with other views the insults ("PC Police, closed minds, prammy etc) came out.

Enough on this now. Personally think MM case is weak and the case against Terry will fail but I'll wait for the evidence to come out and for the courts to do their work before pre-judging who is right or wrong or drawing conclusions about the whole legal system based on two unconnected cases.
    Again with all due respect you are making assumptions. Did it not occur to you that by tapping your name on google and CAFC you come back with constant hits to your cardigan fetish on previous postings on CL. Unlike you I have respect for the people that I am debating with and look up their MO so to speak. You are familair to me anyway and I have had the pleasure to speak to you in person many years ago. Your not as nice now. Maybe its the keyboard warrior thing.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Again with all due respect you are making assumptions. Did it not occur to you that by tapping your name on google and CAFC you come back with constant hits to your cardigan fetish on previous postings on CL. Unlike you I have respect for the people that I am debating with and look up their MO so to speak. You are familair to me anyway and I have had the pleasure to speak to you in person many years ago. Your not as nice now. Maybe its the keyboard warrior thing.
    people check other peoples MO?! What is this? amateur espionage?
  • Options

Yes Karim, I know all about you...
  • Options
    I was trying to work out who is who on this forum. I was a VOTV reader and a Valley party supporter as well as a B Mob for two days but I ran away too much so they sacked me. I left Engalnd for a number of years and came upon this site on my return. I thought I would do my home work to unmask the faces of the 80's I think I know a few of you.

Some people never get of the power trip do they.
  • Options

Yes Karim, I know all about you...
    i hope you dont judge..
  • Options
    Stalker alert. Stalker alert. Stalker alert. Stalker alert

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Getting back to the case in hand ,this is the BBC's report of Scally's evidence.

Claims a black footballer was racially discriminated against by his ex-club are "without foundation", an employment tribunal has heard.

Mark McCammon, 33, claims Gillingham FC refused to treat an injury, docked his wages, and fined him for not turning up for training during heavy snow.

Chairman Paul Scally told the hearing the League Two side had not faced an allegation of racism in 18 years.

Mr McCammon is claiming unfair dismissal at the tribunal, in Ashford.

Mr Scally said he was "absolutely confident" racism was not a feature of the club and any allegations would be taken seriously.

'Malicious allegations'
    He suggested Mr McCammon "manufactured" the allegations to justify his actions a week before when it is said the player accused manager Andy Hessenthaler of being racist.

The incident, on November 30, 2010, happened after Mr McCammon and his two house-mates, who were also black, were ordered to go to the stadium amid widespread snow across south-east England when other players were not required.

Mr Scally told the tribunal in Ashford: "I'm absolutely confident and convinced that there is no racism at the club.

“I can honestly say we have never in 18 years had an allegation of racism”

"The incident on November 30 where Mr McCammon said he made some allegations of racism were, I believe, made maliciously and were without foundation."

He stressed that the club takes issues of racism "seriously".

"[But] I didn't take [Mr McCammon's claim] seriously as I considered it to be a vindictive claim of racial discrimination," he told the hearing.

"I considered it to be a malicious, vindictive, wild and aggressive comment, not worthy of consideration as racism."

In a written statement, the ex-Barbados international player had said that he and other black players at Gillingham FC were treated differently from white players.

He said the club had tried to "frustrate him out" by refusing to pay private medical bills to help him regain his fitness following injury when he still had eight months left on his contract.

He said he was instead offered the choice of undergoing the same operation on the NHS rather than privately, which was "completely out of character" for a Football League club.

Mr Scally said that as Mr McCammon did not feature in the manager's immediate plans, it was decided he would receive treatment on the NHS rather than privately.

He denied this represented a breach of contract, saying it was right to dock him two weeks' wages for going ahead with unauthorised treatment without the club's consent.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I was trying to work out who is who on this forum. I was a VOTV reader and a Valley party supporter as well as a B Mob for two days but I ran away too much so they sacked me.
    Did B Mob insist you drive to "offs" in the snow whilst white members stayed at home in front of the fire? If so I think you might have a case for wrongful dismissal ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You wish. There are petrol station attendants currently working in Minehead that have more of an celebrity status than anyone on here.
  • Options

You wish. There are petrol station attendants currently working in Minehead that have more of an celebrity status than anyone on here.

• Options

good god! how the hell did you know where i work?!
  • Options
    Scally said in tonights Gillingam Post '' I got sick and tired of this big useless lump on £2500 a week wanting me to pay his bloody medical bills. The only reason we asked only the black players in for training is because it was snowing and the white players couldn't be seen in the blizzard''.
    I think he might lose.
  • Options
    Scally said in tonights Gillingam Post '' I got sick and tired of this big useless lump on £2500 a week wanting me to pay his bloody medical bills. The only reason we asked only the black players in for training is because it was snowing and the white players couldn't be seen in the blizzard''.
    I think he might lose.
    I assume that is a pisstake & not an actual quote :)

• Options
    I think he might lose.
    zzzzzzz

• Options
    @Browntrousers Your account is linked to a previously deleted account, that's why I asked.

Unfortunately I can't see who's it was.
  • Options
    Got a Gills supporter work and although it doesn't really bare relevence to whether McCammon has a case, but apparently McCammon and co said it was impossible to get into work due to conditions but a member of the Gills staff drove to the house and obviously discovered they were lieing. Suppose when I done the same thing at work, I clearly weren't important enough for my managers to do the same thing.
  • Options
    @Browntrousers - you must have been a frequent visitor to have seen how the site works for those on the outside.

I'm on probation for upsetting the CL Monarchy. Remember, Henry Says and that's just the way it is.

Slaughtered Lamb indeed.....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Browntrousers - you must have been a frequent visitor to have seen how the site works for those on the outside.

I'm on probation for upsetting the CL Monarchy. Remember, Henry Says and that's just the way it is.

Is he Brian Glover out of the Slaughtered Lamb or that cameo appearance by Rick Mayall playing cards. "stay on the path lads and god be with you" good film that. Jenny Agutter has great tits.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Is he Brian Glover out of the Slaughtered Lamb or that cameo appearance by Rick Mayall playing cards. "stay on the path lads and god be with you" good film that. Jenny Agutter has great tits.
    I'm expecting to get marched off any minute for 're-education' can that happen? Will I have to read the guardian and wear gola trainers to fit in?
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Not long now Mr Trousers. The light's fading fast on your Charlton Life life I reckon...
  • Options
    Why? Is Jenny Agutter also on the don't mention list?
  • Options

Again with all due respect you are making assumptions. Did it not occur to you that by tapping your name on google and CAFC you come back with constant hits to your cardigan fetish on previous postings on CL.
    I Googled the same - not a cardigan in sight.

Have you made your fortune in Gold?

• Options
    edited June 2012
    With regard to Browntrousers,the 'vulgar buffoon and a bully to boot' is back.
  • Options
    With regard to Browntrousers,the 'vulgar buffoon and a bully to boot' is back.
    No, 1905's still on holiday.
  • Options
    It is a bit odd that someone will google someone to find out things about them ,

In fact it's more than just a bit fecking wrong that you feel the need to do that imo

it's not normal behaviour or is it sane behaviour

• Options
    It is a bit odd that someone will google someone to find out things about them ,

In fact it's more than just a bit fecking wrong that you feel the need to do that imo

Odd. Thought that's the whole premise of Facebook! But then again, many people say people on facebook are oddballs.
  • Options

Odd. Thought that's the whole premise of Facebook! But then again, many people say people on facebook are oddballs.
    People on facebook are kids
    Adults use speech