Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*Bit Of Fun* Pubs and Nightclubs of the past

Comments

• Options
    The Venue, possible the worst night club in the world but secretly one of your favourites!
    It is 100% NOT the worst nightclub in the world.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    The Venue, possible the worst night club in the world but secretly one of your favourites!

and it is also not of the past!

• Options
    Bubblegum - Deptford.
    One of the first nights I went out with @les_says we ended up there with his mates. it was about £1 for a vodka and mixer. You had to do a special knock on the door to get in.
  • Options
    Blue Orchid was quality, proper meat market and they played decent music in there too.
  • Options

and it is also not of the past!

I guess I should've read the first post...
  • Options
    Back in the dark ages the Fox Under The Hill and the Welcome Inn used to have "discos"
    ....and the Falcon and great live bands at the Black Prince. Always started a night at the Welcome Inn - now a block of flats. Our heritage is slowly disappearing. Very sad.
    We must have all been on the same circuit. I saw Status Quo in the Welcome Inn, they could only play about five numbers one of which was 'Pictures of Matchstick Men' and the crowd thought they were crap................whoops what did we know Doh!

• Options
    Polo Bar and Frontier Post.
  • Options
    No ones mentioned the wonderful "Bridewells" in Dartford where you'd get your voucher for sausage and chips as you entered , I was never brave enough to attempt to eat in there
    I remember being in there on the night of the return to the valley nearly 20 years ago ...... Battered
  • Options
    We also used to go to do's at the Erith Squash club in the mid 80's which were pretty good.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    We also used to go to do's at the Erith Squash club in the mid 80's which were pretty good.
    MIDDLE CLASS ALERT!!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MIDDLE CLASS ALERT!!!!

In Erith?!!
  • Options
    Lol!
  • Options
    Pavilion Disco, Lamorbey Residents Association, Burnt Oak Lane. 1st or last friday of every month. An essential night spot for all under 18s in Sidcup.
  • Options
    Goldmine at Canvey Island.
    Also used to go to one in Leysdown but can't remember the name.
    Stage 3
  • Options

Without doubt, still my favourite night club of all those I've been to over the years.

• Options
    No ones mentioned the wonderful "Bridewells" in Dartford where you'd get your voucher for sausage and chips as you entered , I was never brave enough to attempt to eat in there
    I remember being in there on the night of the return to the valley nearly 20 years ago ...... Battered
    I did.
    Sausage and chips was quality at midnight as the booze was taking its toll.

My mate hired it for a private do, but then flogged tickets around dartford to get in. They found out and made him go 50/50 on the ticket sales.

• Options
    Anyone used to go to Berwick Manor ?
  • Options
    Was that the place in essex?
  • Options

Without doubt, still my favourite night club of all those I've been to over the years.

Oh dear.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Ceasars in streatham high st was always an epic night out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Goldmine at Canvey Island.
    Also used to go to one in Leysdown but can't remember the name.
    Stage 3
    That's the one. There on a Saturday, clinic on a Monday :)

• Options
    yeah - between Romford,Upminster and Rainham.
    Bit of a 'ravey' place for want fo a better word.
    had some quality nights there - think it is now a restaurant.

• Options
    40s behind Lord Howick.
    Upstairs of Lord Howick.
    Connoseur (OKR).
    The Pickwick.
  • Options

Thought that was it. Had a couple of very messy nights there!
  • Options

Thought that was it. Had a couple of very messy nights there!
    Had my 18th there my uncle owned it at the time bumper cars in the back garden
  • Options
    How about The Barn @ Braintree? Anyone venture out there? We did a few times in early 80's. Not sure why? I think a the bloke who drove us there had a cousin who used to go there and he fancied her or something.......
    How's that song go? Your sister.....
  • Options
    i am going back a bit here but ....the Saxon tavern,tites as then was in beckenham ,the 3 tuns in beckenham,the king and queen (mottingham) ,fox under the hill,welcome inn and on the odd ocassion the Northover ,the Royal Albert deptford and not forgetting cinatras .the cats whiskers and bon bonnies
  • Options
    Where was the el partido in lewisham soundas?
  • Options
    Pub wise i learned my trade in eltham. the castle, kings arms, chequers, post office(was a lovely lively pub), greyhound. i remember the landlord of the kings arms takeover the chequers and we moved pubs with him.
  • Options
    Few that spring to mind from the late 1970s. Spooky Lady in Hackney Marshes, Room at the Top and the Lacey Lady both over Ilford way. Global Village under Charing Cross arches. Crackers, off of Oxford Street. The Hilltop over Brands Hatch way