Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer moaning about fans moaning

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=7406&headline=Ben

Really not sure why he had to do this interview.

Comments

• Options
    Pointless.
  • Options
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=7406&headline=Ben

Really not sure why he had to do this interview.
    Well look at what he has said and its pretty spot on isnt it?
    There always seem to be moans from a section of our support.
    I nearly got my handbag out at two muppets who spent the whole first half at Hillborough moaning. It was only after a brief exchange of ideas about the meaning of the word ''supporter'' that they reduced their constant soul-sapping comments to a whisper.

• Options
    anyone seen the full interview - could have been isolated from a number of points - granted though on the face of it looks a bit odd.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    A bit confrontational Nicholas (edited from Red as the dog avatar threw me!) but everything he says is true and divides us on here as well, I think there will be some tight games between now and May, a minority sigh or boo everytime we loose possession or pass back and that wont help, whilst it might not affect our players it may encourage the away side a little...timing a little odd after Saturday but as said he speaks the truth...
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Dont get me wrong I know it's true, but I just dont think he needed to do this interview and have ago at the moaners as every club has them wherever you go.
  • Options
    A bit confrontational Red but everything he says is true and divides us on here as well, I think there will be some tight games between now and May, a minority sigh or boo everytime we loose possession or pass back and that wont help, whilst it might not affect our players it may encourage the away side a little...timing a little odd after Saturday but as said he speaks the truth...
    It was in Fridays paper, my guess is he might have a different view after Saturdays support!
  • Options
    A bit confrontational Red but everything he says is true and divides us on here as well, I think there will be some tight games between now and May, a minority sigh or boo everytime we loose possession or pass back and that wont help, whilst it might not affect our players it may encourage the away side a little...timing a little odd after Saturday but as said he speaks the truth...
    It was in Fridays paper, my guess is he might have a different view after Saturdays support!
    Good point! Should have spotted that, maybe it was a pre match message for Saturdays support then, the patience and vocal support for BWP was fantastic

• Options
    to be fair to hamer he does always compliement the support after the game on his twitter.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    "But Hamer has revealed that there are still supporters who find something to moan about. "

5 mins browsing this or other Charlton forums after we haven't won comfortably or played well would prove that there is nothing non- factual about his comments.

Good on him. Read the article and can't disagree.

I'm sure if I was trying my best at my job and was part of a successful team and came across things like threads questioning whether i'll be good enough for promotion when we are clear in the league with the best goal difference and there's still 3 months for me to improve that i'd be a bit peeved.

Cue Charlton "supporters" moaning about Charlton keeper moaning about their moaning.
  • Options
    Can't disagree with anything he's said. It may be that every club's got this type of "supporter", doesn't make it any better though. Voicing opinions and concerns in the pub or on message boards, or in any normal conversation is fine - giving grief to players in a side that's 10 points clear at the top of the league is just mindless, not just my opinion but both Slater and Powell have already said in separate interviews this season that giving the players stick has an adverse effect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    There's more moaning on here than on Donna Summer's first UK Top 10 hit!

I just don't understand some people. It's like the fans who abuse players all match and then get all indignant and offended if he gives a small reaction.

We have too many moaners and groaners, it should be recognised and spoken about not swept under the carpet.
  • Options
    May I be the first to moan about Hamer moaning about the fans moaning...............................
  • Options
    Hardly having a go is he?

Non story.

Lets beat Charlton fans with a stick because you get a few moans and groans when things dont go right.

Given the last few years I think edgyness amongst fans is totally understandable.
  • Options
    May I be the first to moan about Tango moaning about Hamer moaning about the fans moaning
  • Options
    It's the moans and groans in the first few minutes or even seconds that have an effect.
  • Options
    May I be the first to moan about Tango moaning about Hamer moaning about the fans moaning
    Stop moaning.
  • Options
    Honest observation and agree maybe a bad day for Ben when he gave them it.

But an element of truth ...nice to know his feelings
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    There's more moaning on here than on Donna Summer's first UK Top 10 hit!

I just don't understand some people. It's like the fans who abuse players all match and then get all indignant and offended if he gives a small reaction.

We have too many moaners and groaners, it should be recognised and spoken about not swept under the carpet.
    Not sure if this was directed at me, I'm not offended by what Hamer said, I just dont think it's necessary to be brought up now at this stage of the season. like I said every club has moaners and groaners not just ours. Right or wrong it's part and parcel of football. I just think when things like this get published it makes everyone associated at the club look bad.
  • Options
    Good moaning...........now listen carefully I will only say this once. Hamer will get be getting my full support tonight...........must dash off to Chesterfield.
  • Options
    Hardly having a go is he?

Non story.

Lets beat Charlton fans with a stick because you get a few moans and groans when things dont go right.

Given the last few years I think edgyness amongst fans is totally understandable.
    agree. we have been playing pretty poorly but grinding out points in recent weeks. what with what has gone before here in years gone by i feel our sceptic view on any achievement is a sign of being burnt once to often. It also keeps our support (well some) feet on the ground, so opposing fans dont feel we are a Massive in disguise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    players should be PR people for the club and shouldn't come up with this sort of negativity even if there is an element of truth to it.
    Hope some-one in the club has told him to shut up.

Mind you this is nothing to the way he sometimes has a go at the best defence in the league!
  • Options
    This season has been boring, football supporters need something to moan about.
  • Options
    Good stuff! Well done Ben, you tell them how it affects the team ...
  • Options
    Nothing wrong at all with what he has said. He's absolutely spot on. It doesn't matter what level of football you play, no-one will be perfect every game. As long as they try their hearts out, we will appreciate it and I think this was shown on Saturday with the applause for some of the moves that didn't quite come off.

Nothing else to see here...move on! ;-)
  • Options
    Don"t sigh
  • Options
    I like Hamer
  • Options
    I would like to go out on a limb and state that 'spoilt' is the last thing Charlton Athletic fans are.
  • Options
    players should be PR people for the club and shouldn't come up with this sort of negativity even if there is an element of truth to it.
    Hope some-one in the club has told him to shut up.

I hate all this PR and spin bullshit that seems to be increasingly present in every aspect of life now from politics to football and everything in between. What is wrong with people airing a view and an honestly held opinion?

If it is factual and doesn't defame the club or anyone what is the real problem? We (well most of us) are not robots and puppets who can be dictated to with our views as much as people can try.

As long as it's expressed in a professional manner, is not derogatory or undermining the manager or club i really don't see an issue with this sort of thing.

Being told what we can and can't say nowdays, how long before we are told what we can and can't think. No disrespect to the lad the other day who posted he was going to study "Politics and Public Relations" at university but that says so much about how it all works nowdays as I see it.

Keep them in bread and circuses.

• Options
    As Clem says, a pointless piece probably in response to another pointless question.
  • Options