Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer moaning about fans moaning

Comments

• Options
    As Clem says, a pointless piece probably in response to another pointless question.
  • Options
    I think he's handled that quite well. He's clearly been asked about the moaning that goes on occasionally from the minority and he's rationalised it. He's said he understands why it's happened but it's not helpful. Simple
  • Options
    moan moan moan moan some people just love 2! imagine wot there like at work when theve got something 2 moan about!! probably work on their own cos nobody will listern! get a grip!!!!
  • Options
    Hamer has every right to say what he wants as do the 'fans' who spend the whole time during a game looking for and commenting on negatives. The crucial difference is that Hamer's comments are aimed at improving team spirit and morale while the 'moaning fans' are spreading doom and despondency. Cup half full optimism will always beat cup half (or completely) empty states of mind.
  • Options
    moan moan moan moan some people just love 2! imagine wot there like at work when theve got something 2 moan about!! probably work on their own cos nobody will listern! get a grip!!!!
    Please stop using text talk. ;-)
  • Options
    That interview was done, I'm almost certain, immediately after the game last Tuesday night. I was waiting for Chris Powell, he was speaking to the rest of the press in the main press conference area, and Hamer was sitting in a side room with a few journalists. It ran for the first time in Friday's SLP, three days after he said it, and was re-posted on their website today, a week after he said it.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but just to give the poor bloke the benefit of some context, the quotes which appear from him today were originally given less than an hour after the final whistle sounded after the Rochdale game.
  • Options

dirty boy!!
  • Options
    That interview was done, I'm almost certain, immediately after the game last Tuesday night. I was waiting for Chris Powell, he was speaking to the rest of the press in the main press conference area, and Hamer was sitting in a side room with a few journalists. It ran for the first time in Friday's SLP, three days after he said it, and was re-posted on their website today, a week after he said it.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but just to give the poor bloke the benefit of some context, the quotes which appear from him today were originally given less than an hour after the final whistle sounded after the Rochdale game.
    Thanks for the context Mick , i'm with Ben , back the team , this article published now shows how out of date news can be.

• Options
    There's more moaning on here than on Donna Summer's first UK Top 10 hit!
    But not as much as on Serge and Jane's ''Je t'aime...'' !

• Options

Perfectly reasonable and understandable comments in that context.

Enough fans booed the players off for it to be heard in the East Stand so why shouldn't he respond?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer is becoming the biggest 'Character' we have in this squad, his lap of honour on Saturday showed how much he appreciates the support.

Seeing as Powelly won't jump anymore, how about Hamer doing a end of the match celebration every time we win? Not a tunnel jump, that should be for Powell on special occasions, but something different that he can do
  • Options
    Just say sorry NS
  • Options
    I suspect that if our support had been a bit less prepared to politely applaud our slide into the shyte we'd be in a better place. A bit of dissent and challenge is a good thing in any organisation, within reason. I suppose the hard thing is trying to make guage reason.
  • Options
    There's no excuse for slating players at all this season, but the sighs etc when a move breaks down is surely a natural reaction. It's disappointment it's not slagging players, we're not robots ffs
  • Options
    Can we have a thread that links to the BWP story where he is praising the fans for sticking with him?

Or shall we just carry on hi-lighting a non story so we can indulge in everyones favorite pastime of fan bashing?
  • Options
    Hamer is spot on. There will always be fans who like a moan even if we were top of the premiership - Cant seen anything wrong with what he said.
  • Options
    My moan is why we cant stop moaning about those supporters moaning about Hamer moaning about the moaning.
  • Options
    My moan is why we cant stop moaning about those supporters moaning about Hamer moaning about the moaning.
    Don't get me started on the "supporters" moaning about the moaning about other supporters moaning about Hamer moaning about the moaning!

• Options
    Spot on. Him hearing drunken baldy Diadora wearing bellies behind the goal how to kick and catch the ball hardly creates a bond does it.
  • Options

dirty boy!!
    Well his ball handling is a lot better than it was a few weeks ago, so he must have been practising.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Hang on a minute - we had almost the identical thread on here about an interview with another player (Paul Hayes?) about fans supposedly giving BWP stick, and it was pointed out then that if you ask "what do you think about fans who are complaining about recent performances" you're gonna get this sort of reply. Looks like b****ks from beginning to end.
  • Options
    Just say sorry NS
    Not a chance lol.

Hamer is correct with his view, in my opinion though it shouldn’t have been said to the press, like I said before I think it gives the fans a bad name and give every other journalist to talk about this to other players rather then good stuff that’s happening at the club at the moment. But as Mick said earlier it was straight after the Rochdale game where emotions were running high so fair enough that cant be helped.
  • Options
    If you ask the right questions you get the reply you want. Thats your 1000 words and f**k the outcome.
  • Options
    Another non story from a local rag, that is trying to stir it up, as it has nothing positive or constructive to say.

News Shopper - Palace
    South London Press - Millwall

• Options
    I might have to sit in the N Lower next game so I can shout encouraging things at him.
    Or just get a sign going from the East.
    Or just ask him to marry me...
    One of those options.
  • Options
    He is only saying what most of us have been saying on here. The fans who moan at the players in tight games when we are not getting the ball forwards quickly enough for their liking can force some players into playing rash balls and become too urgent in their play. It doesn't help! Those of us who have a small understanding of the game understand that sometimes a backwards pass can be better than a forwards one if nothing is on and you keep posession. We also understand that it isn't always easy when opponents deprive you of time and space in certain areas.

The message is that we are top of the league and those fans that moan need to be a bit patient. Unfortunately, I don't think it will change too much - as we have commented before- it takes all sorts to make a crowd and that include thickos.
  • Options
    I might have to sit in the N Lower next game so I can shout encouraging things at him.
    Or just get a sign going from the East.
    Or just ask him to marry me...
    One of those options.

Im gonna wait til he's about to defend an incoming corner then throw a missile fashioned out of paper mache South London Press pages right at him with a note attached menancingly telling him to keep his divisive and rebel rousing mouth shut.
  • Options
    players should be PR people for the club and shouldn't come up with this sort of negativity even if there is an element of truth to it.
    Hope some-one in the club has told him to shut up.

I hate all this PR and spin bullshit that seems to be increasingly present in every aspect of life now from politics to football and everything in between. What is wrong with people airing a view and an honestly held opinion?

If it is factual and doesn't defame the club or anyone what is the real problem? We (well most of us) are not robots and puppets who can be dictated to with our views as much as people can try.

As long as it's expressed in a professional manner, is not derogatory or undermining the manager or club i really don't see an issue with this sort of thing.

Being told what we can and can't say nowdays, how long before we are told what we can and can't think. No disrespect to the lad the other day who posted he was going to study "Politics and Public Relations" at university but that says so much about how it all works nowdays as I see it.

Keep them in bread and circuses.

And I hate people who don't know what PR is or its function. PR people do not 'tell people what to say' if only we had that much power. We supply spokespeople with facts and stats to back up what they are saying and at the most we advise them on the best way to get information across in a clear and concise way.
    And Red - PR isn't simply giving a positive view of everything. The hardest part of PR is dealing with a crisis or when something goes wrong and rule one of crisis PR is do not lie. If something is bad or negative say so and say what you can or will do about it. In this respect Hamer has totally the right approach. He talks about fans booing, talks about the impact his has on the squad and asks fans how to help in the future.
    I don't agree with him, but he did a good PR job.
  • Options
    :O
    He just wants to be loved RCT!
  • Options
    DRFsaid: "And I hate people who don't know what PR is or its function."

Devastated.

The type of PR im talking about is the spin kind that is undeniably evident in politics and the corporate arena not attacking the job you describe.