Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer moaning about fans moaning

13»

Comments

• Options
    Spot on imo
  • Options
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=7406&headline=Ben

Really not sure why he had to do this interview.
    Maybe because the fans moan? Really not that complex a situation... Even if we have won since then, there's enough idiots at The Valley to guarantee there will be moaning before the season is done.
    every club has them wherever you go.
    Not a good point. I have no respect for the "it's a fact of life, deal with it" argument. I stand against moaners and will not be satisfied until they stop moaning. We shouldn't have to del with it, and until about 2003, very rarely did have to deal with it.
  • Options
    agree with him but every club has moaners but it probably does put a negative feeling on the players when we send a negative atmosphere.
  • Options
    DRFsaid: "And I hate people who don't know what PR is or its function."

Devastated.

The type of PR im talking about is the spin kind that is undeniably evident in politics and the corporate arena not attacking the job you describe.
    You should be.

That's the point the 'spin' kind doesn't really exisits. Politicians lie because politians lie. No-one makes them do it. The PR person doesn't have to rely on public opinion to keep them in a job, politians do.

Like 'lazy journalism', 'spin PR' is an easy thing to blame.
  • Options
    He signed my son's programme on Saturday & posed for photo, very nice guy !
  • Options
    So it News Shopper actually Ben Hamer?
  • Options
    He signed my son's programme on Saturday & posed for photo, very nice guy !
    Sponsored by Bromley Addicks so must be a good guy : - )

• Options
    fair enough really, i hate moaners they are so stupid we are top of the league what more do you want the worst ones are when we play the ball backwards and keep it rather than going forward and loosing it they really annoy me !!
  • Options
    If I were a professional footballer playing in a top of the table side being subjected to snivelling criticism from a bunch of no legs who had never kicked a ball in their lives I might feel a little disgruntled. These threads about whether he will cut in the Championship does him a huge disservice. He's fine.

• Options
    edited February 2012

Devastated.

The type of PR im talking about is the spin kind that is undeniably evident in politics and the corporate arena not attacking the job you describe.
    You should be.

That's the point the 'spin' kind doesn't really exisits. Politicians lie because politians lie. No-one makes them do it. The PR person doesn't have to rely on public opinion to keep them in a job, politians do.

Pull the other one, it's got bells on. Are you seriously expecting people to just accept that PR is par for the course nowadays? Basically, PR is lying through your teeth for a living. Attempting to 'spin' it as anything else is... well, it's PR really, innit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Spin that.
  • Options
    Think hes right. Nothings perfect and in saying that we are doing very well. Football is football, why dont people just enjoy it instead of booing. Just support charlton for what they are.
    Sounds like Hamer had a good game tonight. Great result!
  • Options
    "Flasher" Walker on Radio London reckoned there were scouts looking at Hamer at Chesterfield tonight.

As Curbs might say p'raps he's not as bad as some suggest...
  • Options

Devastated.

You should be.

Pull the other one, it's got bells on. Are you seriously expecting people to just accept that PR is par for the course nowadays? Basically, PR is lying through your teeth for a living. Attempting to 'spin' it as anything else is... well, it's PR really, innit?
    Thanks Leroy, you're clearly in the industry and know what its all about.
  • Options
    If the public weren't such idiots we wouldn't need PR folk to strongly infer what we ought to think. Not sure where the debate about PR came into this and can't be bothered to read it all. I think a 3rd division keeper gave an interview to a local free sheet. I doubt that a team of Malcolm Tuckers have been frantically trying to engineer a publicity coup on the back of it. In fact I doubt anyone gave it a second thought other than people with nowt better to do, on here.
  • Options

Devastated.

You should be.

Thanks Leroy, you're clearly in the industry and know what its all about.
    Thing is, I don't need to be in the industry to 'know what it's all about'. It's patently obvious that 'Public Relations' involves painting your employer in a good light in front of the public. The clue's in the name. It's also patently obvious that most companies/organisations f*** over the consumer/public - if they didn't, they wouldn't need to pay someone to lie to them about it.

Look - I'm not attacking you for working in PR. Lord knows, there are things about my job that are less than palatable from time to time. The difference is, I wouldn't dream of going around trying to hold the moral high ground and hand-wringing about not being 'understood'. When I f*** someone/something over in my job, I just accept it as part of said job. Like I said - if you work in PR, you lie for a living - just as surely as if you were a lawyer. Accept it - it'll make you feel much better in the long run (otherwise, the internal moral dilemma you must be feeling day after day will surely eat you alive)
  • Options
    ben hamer told it like it is but should have lied through his teeth
  • Options
    Interesting that Powell mentioned the few boos during our "blip" and stated "its a minority... but do they realise what we have done this season"

I am glad that the team and management feel its ok for it to mentioned in the press...

Hopefully that minority will listen (small chance)

• Options
    Interesting that Powell mentioned the few boos during our "blip" and stated "its a minority... but do they realise what we have done this season"

I am glad that the team and management feel its ok for it to mentioned in the press...

I remember people moaning at Andy Hunt the year we demolished the championship after he missed a sitter against someone (Portsmouth?) near the end of the season (we were already promoted, and I think were on the verge of being crowned champions). Not much chance of getting them to STFU and stop moaning even if we win every game between now and 2036. Some people are just mugs.
  • Options

I remember people moaning at Andy Hunt the year we demolished the championship after he missed a sitter against someone (Portsmouth?) near the end of the season (we were already promoted, and I think were on the verge of being crowned champions). Not much chance of getting them to STFU and stop moaning even if we win every game between now and 2036. Some people are just mugs.
    That confirms it Leroy. You ARE me posting under a different login and I don't know about it. It's like Fight Club all over again.

I distinctly remember the people behind me - two older, mature female types - moaning about Andy Hunt that season.

"He's shit", says Doris number 1.
    "Don't know how he gets a game", says Doris number 2.
    "Because he's the fucking top goalscorer, luv", said my mate.

Cue HIM getting dragged out at the next home game and his seaso taken away for apparent "abusive behaviour".

These were the same people who would comment on "what a nice shade of blue" the away team were wearing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    What type of blue was it that day offy?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Why don't we identify the moaning football experts and at the end of the season give them the opportunity to thrash the first team in a friendly. I mean they know so much about football it would surely be a formality!!!!
  • Options
    How about a new song to make Ben smile and turn this nonesense on it's head.

'Boo when were winning'
    'We always Boo when we're winning'
    'We always Boo when we're winning'
    'Boooooooooooo'

That could be fun couldn't it?
  • Options
    Agree with him, top of the league since 17th sept,two games lost and still they moan.Not only do they moan but working out who will be good enough for the championship!...Because obviously Chris Powell would not have thought of this.
  • Options
    A tannoy announcement at the end of a home win
    ''Stand up and point to anyone who is sitting next to someone who has moaned or boo'd during this game'' would be funny!