Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR: The 4 year plan BBC2 11.15PM Sunday 4th March

Comments

• Options
    It seems that the person responsible for the documentary was a MASSIVE. http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/166342-get-bbchd-on-quick-this-is-incredible/page__st__160
    thought it was shit anyway.
    What was crap about it? If you didn't find any aspect of that documentry either interesting or entertaining then you obviously have no interest in football.

i did enjoy it as i put before. I was just commenting (jokily) on the fact a wendy made it.
  • Options
    Do you think they could make a Charlton film like this? About our fall from the Premiership to League One.
    I think it would be x rated!

Yeah, the Pardew bit!! :-)
  • Options
    The Hull City equaliser was a quality comedy moment.

Paladini ranting and the subtitles come up with "I'm very unhappy" he then boots the wall and screams "fucking coach".

Was killing myself laughing.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Say what you like about Briatore, he was right about bringing Mahon on !!

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant documentary. I watched 90% of it open mouthed and the other 10% killing myself laughing.

Paladini was a comedy character straight out of the Sopranos. From talking about sending a message to the bench via a St Bernard, to repeatedly kicking the wall.

Superb, absolutely superb. And I thank every single one of thems egos for aallowing it to be shot in the first place.
  • Options
    Say what you like about Briatore, he was right about bringing Mahon on !!

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant documentary. I watched 90% of it open mouthed and the other 10% killing myself laughing.

Paladini was a comedy character straight out of the Sopranos. From talking about sending a message to the bench via a St Bernard, to repeatedly kicking the wall.

Superb, absolutely superb. And I thank every single one of thems egos for aallowing it to be shot in the first place.
    Agree with that, just finished watching on iplayer, real eye-opener about football clubs and the people behind the scenes. I like Warnock walking past the sign on the changing rooms on his way to press conference, "you can take that down".
  • Options
    Imagine the stories Neil Warnock could tell from his career?

He'd be great as an after dinner speaker, he's had an unbelievable career in the game - and he's not done yet!
  • Options
    It seems that the person responsible for the documentary was a MASSIVE. http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/166342-get-bbchd-on-quick-this-is-incredible/page__st__160
    thought it was shit anyway.
    What was crap about it? If you didn't find any aspect of that documentry either interesting or entertaining then you obviously have no interest in football.

i did enjoy it as i put before. I was just commenting (jokily) on the fact a wendy made it.
    Sorry, I see what you meant.

• Options
    I wouldn't throw too many stones. Think Chappell-Whitehand-Waggott-Pardew. Football is a mad business.
    Airman - when will you be retiring and releasing the warts-and-all autobiography? ;)

• Options
    Great programme. That "Sporting Director" was a nasty piece of work, proper snitch.
    Brilliant soundtrack, I didn't know one track but there were some great tunes on there. Anyone recognise any?
    I was thinking exactly the same, a soundtrack can make or break a film. No clue as to who the music was by though.
    some that i recognise from the show...

Piranhas Are A Very Tricky Species by Mark Mothersbaugh
    Haunting At 1300 McKinley by The Black Angels.
    Howlin' For You The Black Keys

the song used for when they went up was 'edward sharpe and the magnetic zero' with 'Om nashi me'.

no idea about the song over the credits...sounds a bit like that Aloe Blacc guy but it isent.

Wasting your time mate, if Chirps has not heard of them already, they are not worth bothering with... ;-)

• Options
    Really insightful and one of the best football documentary's I've ever seen.

Piss pot club though. Their support is truly pathetic, mind you, at those prices I'm not surprised...................................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bhatia and Warnock came out very positively and the italians very poorly. Briatore came over as an immature kid. But I suppose there is a method to keep sacking managers until one hits it off and they did get promotion within 4 years- not for me though.
  • Options
    Briatore sounds exactly like the doovd character from Phonejacker.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Fascinating and revealing.

Sitting as a fly on the wall, we can say that Briatore is a knave etc and we question why they would have allowed it to be made and shown but people see themselves differently

Briatore will no doubt claim that he was right to intervene in team affairs and sack all the managers until they got a decent one.

Paladini will claim that he had a difficult job to hold onto, trying to satisfy owners and fans and in the end his project was successful.

Bhatia will say that things got better when he took a more forward role

Ecclestone will say that he just paid his share of the bills, tried to keep drinks costs down and was remarkably and perhaps tellingly absent for virtually the whole time - especially when the cameras were there. Whether in truth he has ensured the footage of his involvement was left on the cutting room floor, we will never know.
  • Options
    Ecclestone would rarely go to matches and by all accounts would leave at half time
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Brilliant. I loved Paladini, his reaction to no points deduction was great to watch

Complete loon tho and id be mortified if i were a QPR fan.

I hate to say but thought Dowie looked very dapper above.
  • Options
    I wonder how many football clubs or other businesses would look ridiculous if you could get two and a bit years worth of material and edit it down to an hour and half of show. Funny though. Thought Magilton had the best line: when asked how he'd compare to prevous managers he said, "Better looking than Ian Dowie, not as good looking as Paulo Sousa".
  • Options
    I wonder how many football clubs or other businesses would look ridiculous if you could get two and a bit years worth of material and edit it down to an hour and half of show. Funny though. Thought Magilton had the best line: when asked how he'd compare to prevous managers he said, "Better looking than Ian Dowie, not as good looking as Paulo Sousa".
    This, cracking TV, but must've been heavily edited - be interesting to see what someone like Ephriam had to say about the period.
  • Options
    This, cracking TV, but must've been heavily edited - be interesting to see what someone like Ephriam had to say about the period.
    Well, Leigertwood (sp?) tried to tell all at the fans meeting - he got as far as saying "to be honest it was a nightmare" at which point Warnock reached for the microphone and shut him up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, i thought that funny too Weegie, Warnock probably thought shut up son, you'll get the tin tack in the morning if not.
  • Options
    Very true, assume they have non disclosure clauses etc for when they leave too
  • Options
    Any loon employing Iain Dowie, would place constraints on him. A classic paradox really, you have to operate with a strategy, but then employing Dowie who rarely creates profit from player sales and acquisitions seems to be a mad stra.

Personally enjoyed it, but it was really a mood piece. Whilst Paladini and Briatore, could quite easily appear as megalomanic anywhere, filming for four years and using minutes for months can artistically be made to mean anything. There was no real narrative to the piece from the protagonists, just a mood created within the arc of a four year plan with a few protagonists who never got to give their analysis. Thought Do I not Like that was far superior. Unlike that, there's no real access to defining moments, sensibly Briatore and Paladini didn't allow them into situations where the decisions were being made, just situations where they could say 'Fucking Idiot'. Everything seemed after the decision, or after the real discussion.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    If spectators at the valley used the language that we heard from the QPR directors, they'd be ejected. The programme was an interesting insight into the machinations of powerful men and big(ish) business. However too many of the Italians were performing like that twit in the Ladbrokes adverts, perhaps that's where the ad agency got the idea
  • Options
    If spectators at the valley used the language that we heard from the QPR directors, they'd be ejected.
    Italian?
  • Options
    If spectators at the valley used the language that we heard from the QPR directors, they'd be ejected.
    Italian?
    me? .. nah, English

• Options
    If spectators at the valley used the language that we heard from the QPR directors, they'd be ejected. The programme was an interesting insight into the machinations of powerful men and big(ish) business. However too many of the Italians were performing like that twit in the Ladbrokes adverts, perhaps that's where the ad agency got the idea
    No, he's for real. He is on Italian TV doing the bit where they go to the grounds for an update.
  • Options
    buckshee March 6 Quote
    Ecclestone would rarely go to matches and by all accounts would leave at half time

Yes, on the grounds that "You can see how it's going to go by then." Nice one, Bernie.
  • Options
    I suppose he works on the same principal as F1, where it's generally over after the first bend.
  • Options
    I suppose he works on the same principal as F1, where it's generally over after the first bend.
    Philistine.

It's 'corner'.