Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

cant blow it can we

edited March 2012 in General Charlton
jittery

Comments

• Options
    We won't ... But of course we can... Was expecting thus loss ... I also think we will lose to orient and then we get the three odd wins we need and be on our way ...
  • Options
    No. We will be alright.

It won't help if the crowd lose their bottle though.
  • Options
    We never really expected to win at Huddersfield. It's just the Notts and Colchester results which were unexpected. Ok, so we won't reach 100 points, so what?
    A draw against Orient is the worst we'll do. We'll then get enough points to finish as champions.
    Keep the faith, we'll be all right.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I remain very positive outwardly....but deep inside I have the painful torture of having been an Addick for the last 55 years, which for any of you guys out there with a similar 'length of service in the trenches' will know exactly what I'm talking about.
    Nothing (and I do mean nothing), can or ever will surprise me about Charlton Athletic Football Club and it's uncanny ability to serve up dissapointment just when all seems well.
    As such, I am (and will no doubt remain), sat firmly in my seat in the front row stalls, "Until the fat lady sings."
  • Options
    Biting nails a lot in hours since the game. I'm sure we'll be okay but the alternative doesn't bear thinking about. COYR!
  • Options
    I remain very positive outwardly....but deep inside I have the painful torture of having been an Addick for the last 55 years, which for any of you guys out there with a similar 'length of service in the trenches' will know exactly what I'm talking about.
    Nothing (and I do mean nothing), can or ever will surprise me about Charlton Athletic Football Club and it's uncanny ability to serve up dissapointment just when all seems well.
    As such, I am (and will no doubt remain), firmly in my front stalls seat, "Until the fat lady sings."
    completely agree from similar experience - we'll do it but..........
  • Options
    If there is one team in the country that could mess it up it woul be Charlton, it's the Charlton way.
    I'm sure we'll be ok though.
  • Options
    When the Bournemouth result came through a while ago, Sky's Jeff Stelling said...'It looks like Charlton will be the first team to be promoted this season'... This also coincided with SCP's Manager of the Month award. The missus wondered why I was rocking to and fro, holding my head and moaning 'No, no, no.....'
  • Options
    Can't say I have served Charlton as long as you SoundAsa£ you have about 17 years on me but in that time i concur. Funny quote from behind me in the dark days at Selhurst, Arthur Wait Stand. 2-0 up against a side and someone shouts " come on boys, we can still draw this !" :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    two pens against us in the last two away games has cost us 3 points, those three points would have just about put us out of sight. Small margins and twists and turns, thats football. We are having a bad run of injuries, form and luck at the moment like all other teams do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No.
  • Options
    We can and unfortunately I think we will !! What worries me is CP's inability to put it right. It does make me wonder if he knows how he got it right in the first place. This isn't about yesterday, its about pretty much every game since the turn of the year, we are a shadow of the flair side that used to run out. Why ?
  • Options
    Yes we can blow it

But

No we won't , we will be fine , all of you expect the players and mgmt to show courage and conviction to believe that they can achieve after seasons of shit

Now its up to you all as fans to grow a pair of steel bollox and carry them home just like they carried you to top of the league 9 points clear of 3rd with only 7 games remaining

Chaos will ensue if you do not suck it in have belief and hold your nerve

Come on folks I know that your all feeling the pressure from seasons gone by but I would've ripped your arms and legs off to be in this position you must man up and do your bit
  • Options
    We can and unfortunately I think we will !! What worries me is CP's inability to put it right. It does make me wonder if he knows how he got it right in the first place. This isn't about yesterday, its about pretty much every game since the turn of the year, we are a shadow of the flair side that used to run out. Why ?
    Not nice to admit but agreed.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Not nice to admit but agreed.
    Still think it has alot to do with how we play with Kermy in the team, and Stephens injury, somewhat

• Options
    What north London said
  • Options
    As such, I am (and will no doubt remain), firmly in my front stalls seat, "Until the fat lady sings."
    completely agree from similar experience - we'll do it but..........
    But as an Addick since '69, there is always hope and we are miserable optimists, expecting the worst but hoping for the best. As Hamer indicated at the end of the game - chin up, we're almost over the line
  • Options
    Since the turn of the year are you fuking kidding me , or do you mean since the start of march

Jeeesus Christ good luck powelly this lot are mental

• Options
    Could argue that Green, Taylor, Jackson, Kermit and Stephens were not in the starting 11 yesterday for one reason or another. Thats a fair few impact/important players
  • Options
    We have nothing to fear but fear itself. And I fear there is a lot of fear around at the moment, so yes, I am a little bit fearful, having served almost as many fearful years in the Charlton trenches as Corporal SoundAsa£...

But fear not and ye shall enter the gates of the championship, though there be many stones and thorns along the way...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hudders and wednesday play each other in a few weeks which hopefully will end in a draw. We should be able to get enough wins from our remaining games but I'd like to see us play some more football at the start of the season Powell wanted that but we've moved away from that and now we just have a long goal kick onto Kerms head
  • Options
    I wouldn't want a lot of you beside me in a war ... There's people who have thrown in the towel already ... 9 points clear with GD and I think we will lose to orient Si that will go down to 6 and then we get our wins ... No doubt a bunch of you will have moved back into you mums and be a nervous wreck by then ...
  • Options
    I think the supporters have been brilliant this season ( yes we've had a lot of good things to cheer) the team need our backing and support more than ever, I can't wait for the Leyton Orient game.
  • Options
    I think we'll make it. However, people don't seem to realise that the great goal difference will be eroded if we keep losing - we can't rely on it - let's hope we don't have to.
  • Options
    Of course we can blow it - if our current form continues, then that is fairly likely to happen.

But the question is, will it? I obviously hope not, and I think that we are just having a dip in form and our quality will come to the fore again and see us over the line. We just need to have faith.

• Options
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if we beat Orient by 4 or 5. I fear this will be a long week.
  • Options
    It'll be okay we didn't play badly yesterday and most of us said after beating Yeovil we could probably afford to lose vs Hudders. Hopefully Kerms and JJ will be back next week
  • Options
    We are top of the league for a reason, not just down to individual quality but to the team effort and determination of the players and management staff.

On a different day with a less rubbish referee then Huddersfield yesterday, Huddersfield may have been playing the majority of the game with 10 men. We may have got a point at least. The team are showing enough enough spirit and good character to see it through.

Orient have an important away game against Oldham on Tuesday before playing us on Saturday, which gives an advantage. As supporters we can help by showing our full support and really back the team.

With x7 games to go, we are still in a good position and the following teams are going to drop points.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/fixtures

Sheffield Utd have a home game on Wednesday against Chesterfield before travelling to Hartlepool. The massive have not an easy Yorkshire / Lancashire derby against Preston at home. Preston should be up for it as it has been a while since they played each other.

Huddersfield are away to Carlisle with their game in hand away against Orient the following Tuesday and a game against Wednesday the following week.

Not easy games for our closest rivals.

• Options
    We will beat orient , it was possibly the hardest away fixture of the season and we lost by a pen, then went down to 10 men

Keep perspective keep the faith but most importantly

Keep your nerve , we owe orient they will pay

• Options
    I don't think the 'fear' has suddenly arisen as a result of losing yesterday. It's been a cumulative build-up over the last few games - four pts from 15 in our last five. Only three sides in the entire division have a worse record than that over the last five games, I think.

It's going to be OK. But it is going to be a more ''interesting'' end to the season than most of us were anticipating a few weeks ago!