Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

cant blow it can we

Comments

• Options

"We are going up, I said we are going up....." sung very quietly like a desperate and hopeful lament with no conviction and knowing that everyone has their fingers crossed behind their backs.

Its just Charlton...
  • Options
    Whats the point in building a 17 point gap earlier in the season if we don't use it up at the end of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    We have to do it I cant handle the effect it would have on barnsey
  • Options
    Whats the point in building a 17 point gap earlier in the season if we don't use it up at the end of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Exactly. Relying on your point gap between good runs of form is just like relying on savings between jobs - nowt wrong with that. We'll do it, but it will be the Charlton way - uncomfortable and a bit ropey.
  • Options
    We'll probably do it but in 2nd place meaning no trophy at the Hartlepool game.

But honstly I'd be disappointed if we don't win the title at this stage our remaining fixtures look very kind to us on paper, home games we should on paper be wins and as for the away games on Carlisle have something to play for.
  • Options
    I'd almost prefer Palace to win a match than Sheff Utd tonight. I reckon 3 more wins will do it for us, but our form is worrying!
  • Options
    No team goes the entire season without a short run of adverse results and that includes us this season.

And in any case it's all set up for us to secure promotion at Carlisle. Why spoil the fun by wrapping things up before our longest away trip?
  • Options
    Be surprised if we secured promotion at carlisle. basically relying on us to win our next 3 which is very unlikely after recent form.
  • Options
    Not if the others lose or draw
  • Options
    Chesterfield will give them a game tonight fancy lots of goals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    amazed how some are treating the Yorkshire clubs like they are in the quarters of the Champions League and unbeatable.
  • Options
    and anyway, if you look at the last 8, Sheffield Wednesday were 4 points better then us, and United 2 point worse.

So if anyone needs to worry, it's United.
  • Options
    and here's Football 365 Stats predicted finish to the league

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/runin.html
  • Options
    and here's Football 365 Stats predicted finish to the league

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/runin.html
    That is wrong they have us on 85points unless we played last night and none was told :-)

• Options
    even if you strip those points, we're still going up as champions
  • Options
    as well aslong at 365 predict us to go up thats it done and dusted for me
  • Options
    updated, it predicts on current form us on 93 points, Wednesday on 88, Huddersfield on 87 and United on 83
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yes we can blow it, although the table does not lie this is Charlton and we have not played well for a few weeks. I posted on another thread after the Scunthorpe away game about being worried and that remains the case, especially as imho the ref's performance overshadowed the fact we lacked ideas at Huddersfield and yet again did not play well.

Saturday is a huge game, we need to be at our best to beat Orient as they will be up for it and it is a derby.
  • Options
    12 points needed to win the title
  • Options
    10 points for Promotion
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well 13 and 11 if you don't want to count GD
  • Options
    At last the voice of reason. Evening Nathan
  • Options
    one more win and a draw game over
  • Options
    Orient -Lisbie, Mooney and Spring all highly motivated to stick it up the Charlton fans L

Oldham- Still not out of the relegation woods but hopefully we will get a point D

Walsall- Highly motivated fighting for their lives. Our fans will get frustrated and turn on our own. L

Carlisle- Highly motivated battling for that last play-off place L

Wycombe- See Walsall L

Preston - A point hopefully D

Hartlepool - Nothing to play for so we step up to the plate W

87 points will it prove enough for automatic?
    Sorry Len, this looks even more ridiculous now

• Options
    he got a game wrong. just like sheffield wednesday were never going to win at Notts County.
  • Options
    yeah, and unlike some, I can admit when I'm wrong Mr Scratched record
  • Options
    Orient -Lisbie, Mooney and Spring all highly motivated to stick it up the Charlton fans L

Oldham- Still not out of the relegation woods but hopefully we will get a point D

Walsall- Highly motivated fighting for their lives. Our fans will get frustrated and turn on our own. L

Wycombe- See Walsall L

Great stuff Len!

I reckon, D, W, L, W, W, W . 98 points, yippie aye ey!
  • Options
    I'm greedy, I want to see 100 points!
  • Options

Wycombe- See Walsall L

Sorry Len, this looks even more ridiculous now

Delighted to have got the first one wrong but still a way to go....
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Final 6 for me:

DWDWWD

Nice and comfy 97 points

In my opinion we need to lose at least 3 of our last 6 to not go up. Can't see it.