Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

cant blow it can we

Comments

• Options
    The awaiting for the score of the Blackburn game in 1958 (on BBC radio) and the resulting sorrow makes me imagine I'm one of the oldest of the suffering
    Charlton fans. Of course anything can happen but let's be realistic:
    a) We might not win our 4 homes but then, we also might not lose our 3 aways.
    b) The three in pursuit could have good runs, but they will definitely NOT win all their remaining games. None have the calibre. It will not happen.
    Let's enjoy the ride, we might never relive such a favourable position.
  • Options
    Exactly bill and Adrian

Man up folks we are going to be fine
  • Options
    We can do it.
  • Options
    Orient -Lisbie, Mooney and Spring all highly motivated to stick it up the Charlton fans L

Oldham- Still not out of the relegation woods but hopefully we will get a point D

Walsall- Highly motivated fighting for their lives. Our fans will get frustrated and turn on our own. L

Carlisle- Highly motivated battling for that last play-off place L

Wycombe- See Walsall L

Preston - A point hopefully D

Hartlepool - Nothing to play for so we step up to the plate W

87 points will it prove enough for automatic?</

Len, you seriously need to take up another pastime, for you own sanity! If thats what 55 years has done to you, you should get some help it sounds like classic PTSD (post traumatic SE7 disorder)

Have you seen Wycombe, Orient or Wallsall, fighting for their lives or not, to predict all three to win at the Valley is not only very depressing but bordering on the insane!
  • Options
    Seriously everyone get a grip. We have been top for so long for a reason.

We are a good side, we got there in playing well not because Chris Powell wears a decent suit.

Stop pooing it and get behind the lads like you have never done before.

Together we can!
  • Options
    I believe!
  • Options
    Cray bang on the money

• Options
    We have a rich history of not winning things but this season we will be crowned champions were the best team and we will deal with Orient. One aim to win the title
  • Options
    My take on it

Orient .We should win this although not a guarentee given the fact it is a derby.
    Oldham .This should also be winnable ,but I suspect will be a Scunthorpe type scrappy draw
    Walsall . Again this should be three points
    Carlisle A tricky assignment again a draw.
    Wycombe The Doc will be missing for them because apparently he has been emense for them should be three points
    Preston Nothing to play for .A 14th away win.
    Hartlepool Again nothing to play for
  • Options

We are a good side, we got there in playing well not because Chris Powell wears a decent suit.

Together we can!
    100% with you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't help but think that too many people get carried away with whatever the last result was: We nick a last minute winner at Bournemouth and everyone's talking about the steely side side to our team that never gives up; Defeats to Colchester and County and people are slitting their wrists; Beat Yeovil and everything's rosy again; Lose to Huddersfield and suddenly we're going to blow it. It's surely time to remember what old Uncle Curbs used to say. Don't get to excited when you win, don't get too despondent when you lose.

I'll admit the football we're playing now isn't as good as it was earlier in the season and we haven't got the results we'd have liked recently. But it's not the end of the world. No-one that we face is unbeatable. And if you think it's motivation that wins games then what more motivation do we need. Just a handful of wins will see us up; if that thought isn't motivating, then I don't know what is.

• Options
    Spot on Stig.

Yes the form hasn't been brilliant lately but look at the bigger picture and every single person would have taken this position if offered at the start of the season. I firmly believe we will have enough to win at least 3 of the remaining home matches and if that's the only points we get I'm still confident it will see us promoted.

If Wednesday are the massives we are definitely the depressives. Cheer up everyone and stay positive!
  • Options
    I've got coming up to 40 years service following the Reds so do understand the view that we always have to go through the wringer but this year I'm very much with team Bill Stumps.

Man up, get behinds the boys and do not panic if we're not two up within ten minutes!
  • Options
    This tail off just shoes that Chris Powell properly understands the traditions of the club.
    We'll stumble over the line as champions, but only by two points.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's mathematically possible that we'll blow it, but it's HIGHLY unlikely. March was always going to be a tough month, with the build up of games and risk of injuries and suspensions kicking in, before we consider the traditional curse of MOTM. Come on guys, it wasn't that long ago you were all getting excited about the prospect of us getting 100 points!

The one thing guaranteed to cause the team to get the jitters is if we do. We're not world beaters, but we are a bloody good league one team, and we're top by a good margin on merit. Keep the faith, keep up the vocal support, and keep enjoying the season. We'll be fine.
  • Options
    not a chance win the next three and get promoted with a draw at Carlisle then it will be champange in first class all the way home.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Your not wrong mate Carlise will be immense even though I think it will only be promotion we will be celebrating

Where as 3 weeks ago I thought we would be crowned
  • Options
    Your not wrong mate Carlise will be immense even though I think it will only be promotion we will be celebrating
    Can't believe you said that NLA , i'll take that!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    No. This is a very good Charlton side, given the level we are playing at. Too many here under appreciating how good we are, compared to the teams we have left to play. The dip, a few nerves and a couple of teams who have something to play for, will not be enough to upset the apple cart. I expect those suffering a nervous streak, will be far more relaxed come mid-April.
  • Options
    I think we will be ok this is charlton we always do this.i can see maybe one more defeat carlisle away.how many of these players do u think are good enough for the championship?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Where as 3 weeks ago I thought we would be crowned
    Thats enough for me to start with

• Options
    CrayAddick said:

Together we can!

100% with you

Glad someone is mate.
  • Options
    CrayAddick said:

Together we can!

100% with you

CrayAddick said:

Glad someone is mate.
    Having problems quoting but that's how it should of read.
  • Options
    If you keep the faith there is a good chance we could be playing West Ham next season they have drawn their last five games and with Reading occupying the automatic spot they are only assured of a play off place.
  • Options
    Cray I am with you 100%
  • Options
    To my mind it is fairly straightforward:-
    If we are good enough we will do it.
    If we are not, then we won't.
    It is there for us to to win. We know what we have to do.
    If this team is truly good enough to be champions then they will claim that title in the coming weeks.
    We all know it could go tits up but that is a fear and nervousness we have to recognise but overcome.
    Then I believe we will do it, because I genuinely think we are the best team in this league.

• Options
    We do have some panickers don't we? I hope the players dont read this lot.

One factor in March has been the wall to wall 2 games a week. We didnt cope with this well despite the bigger squad than many smaller clubs.

However take note from Leeds 2 years back. They had a real dip in form during this 2 game a week period. They did better when it got back to 1 game a game. We are several points ahead of where leeds were in that year so I'm still very confident.

Always said 92 points which still looks good; that means 10 points from 7 games - so no more than a mid table team would expect.

• Options
    My arsehole is still very firmly where it should be - and is going nowhere.
  • Options
    Why the fuck us Offy?
  • Options
    Win the next three games then sit back and watch the Yorkists fight it out for second