Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time to own up, who on here......

has been an absolute t*** today and have gone and panic brought petrol/diesel?

Every petrol station in Crawley and Brighton has t**** queuing up to fill up as the tanker drivers have decided to go on strike.
But a date for strike action has not even been set yet.

Rant over

Comments

• Not petrol/diesel but got a few dozen stamps! :-)
  • edited March 2012
    Will need to get some tomorrow, I'm truely an Addick this time of year................running on empty!
  • Aren't they meant to call the strike tomorrow? I got 40 quids worth by the way.
  • Aren't they meant to call the strike tomorrow? I got 40 quids worth by the way.
    Nothing has been arranged as far as I know, but if they call a strike tomorrow the earliest it can happen is Thursday week. By then you'll be needing more fuel...
  • Bought £20 this morning, but i was running on fumes and i have a 50 mile round trip to work.
  • The gov has also said you should top up now, this will encourage it.
  • No filled up yesterday
  • edited March 2012
    So did I.

We'll see who the twats are, when all petrol & diesel has run out due to the panic buying & the not twats won't be able to fill up whether a strike goes ahead or not :-)
  • i hate not being a twat.
  • Not me been at work / pub most of the day...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2012
    Aren't they meant to call the strike tomorrow? I got 40 quids worth by the way.
    Nothing has been arranged as far as I know, but if they call a strike tomorrow the earliest it can happen is Thursday week. By then you'll be needing more fuel...
    Nah the only time i drive my car is when i drive my mum to Morrisons so i should be ok.

• Was going to until Maude told me to, not going to do anything that tosser says!
  • Had to fill up - need to get to the Valley on Sat.
  • Always fill up as I drive 60 odd miles to work and back 5 days a week.

First petrol station I turned around as there was a big queue. Second they had ran out. Third finally managed to fill up.
  • i fill up 3 times a week to get to and from work, plus social, i will fill up tomorrow and fill 15 jerry cans and 8 drums the bstds wont stop me, the best thing the striking drivers could do is just block the m25 at every jct
  • 60 litres tonight. Absolutely empty, now full and will last for a couple of weeks.
  • 60 litres tonight. Absolutely empty, now full and will last for a couple of weeks.
    Just in time for any strike then :-)
  • Can't afford to fill up til payday on Friday so glad I've got the day off tomorrow. Saves me a thirty mile round trip.
  • There's a lot of things I miss about not driving any more but this sort of thing isn't one of them! I hope you all don't have to suffer the aggro for too long.
  • Was going to until Maude told me to, not going to do anything that tosser says!
    THIS!

• Sponsored links:

• edited March 2012
    :
  • Like Scoham I drive to work (100 mile round trip) so always filling up............can't believe these numpties who do about 10 miles a week topping up their 3/4 full tank with an extra tenner !!

I also can't understand all this panic buying - where do you keep it all ??????? The petrol tank only holds so much - are people going home and poring it into paddling pools like when there is a water shortage ??

I suggest that everyone just fill up when they are empty, not every 5 minutes...............madness !!!!
  • Will need to fill up on Sunday as I'm driving up to Co Durham on Monday morning.

Just hope it's not all gone by then.................................
  • I suspect people hoard it in their garages in Tesco carrier bags,

I seem to recall that the last time this happened I rather recklessly drove to Coventry to watch the reserves - I wanted to see the fabled Karim Bagheri play. The following day I lucked out and managed to fill up at Toddington services on my way back from Reading. I think it must have. Een the only petrol station in the country without restrictions
  • I filled up my car yesterday not because of the warnings but because my tank was nearly empty and I have to use my car to get to work. Where I live there is no public transport and my car is the only way I can get to work.

The people being irresponsible are the tanker drivers for voting on strike action at a time when the economy is very fragile and their action can only cause petrol prices to rise even further. Whilst they are using safety issues as a reason for striking, they are also complaining about their pay. My husband is on minimum wage and I don't earn much more - we would love to have jobs earning £45K a year.
    Filled up your petrol can then?

Filled up your petrol can then?

No, That ws just his Zippo lighter....................
  • http://sturdyblog.wordpress.com/2012/03/28/why-would-the-government-want-you-to-panic/

seems very synical to me
    Cynical it may be but it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.