Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Six points the gap

124»

Comments

• Options
    i cant handle play-offs
  • Options
    We're going up as champions, chill out
  • Options
    We're going up as champions, chill out
    This, 2 more wins and we are there
  • Options
    CHAMP-E-ON-AYS OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ!
  • Options
    On Saturday we have to go out against Orient remembering that we are the home team ,that we are top and have been for months and that we are there for a reason .There have of course been some games when we should not by rights have won and where a draw or less would have been a fairer oucome in terms of how we played on the day -Sheff utd at home and Bournemouth away spring to mind as recent examples .But equally there are games that we should have won but did not :Sheffield Wednesday at home even now I struggle to accept was the right outcome .We need also to have players who made a difference previously re discovering just an ounce extra of form,as examples :Wiggins and his fantastic overlapping runs at blistering pace ,Taylor and his no nonsense calmness and marshalling of the defence , BWP and his sublime skill and eye for goal and Hayes who clearly has ability and a massive point to prove.If these guys who have toughed out some tricky games in a series of 39 over the season against some very good sides ,and the others,cannot be relied upon to get across the line -hopefully also with a bit of finesse- then we do them all and the coaching staff a very grave disservice .Sit back and enjoy it otherwise why else pay for the privilege ?
  • Options
    4 home games, 3 away games for us. Only game I'm worrying about potentially is Carlisle. Win all our home games and take a 3 points from our away games and it's ours. No panic at all.
  • Options
    I think it's the fact that you CAN still 'do it' which frustrated people. I want to see a top two of us an you in that order with whoever finishes in 6th going up too.

I would normally wish you good luck for the future. But I am not going to give you any until we are promoted!!!!
  • Options
    Just 'flown the flag' back to London and can report that on the front cover of the BA in-flight magazine for March in large letters it reads "HAPPY VALLEY". Now as far as I'm concerned, that is an immense (and that's even bigger than massive) omen. 'Nuff said!
  • Options
    Wonder whose got the squeeky bum now Marksablade? Oh............. and the gap is now 9 points and you can't catch us ha ha, plus Evans is not on fire anymore!
  • Options
    He's not even on bail anymore
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How close are the massive to the blunt blades

1 point 2 games to go

Now even my balls ain't big enough to think that's a big enough gap

I reckon advantage weds

• Options
    Yep, the momentum's with them now
  • Options
    Sheff Utd will come good
  • Options
    Points on the board is what matters at this stage.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sheff Utd have (at this stage of the season) a far superior goal difference (+41 to +30), meaning the gap is effectively two points.

Assuming Wednesday pick up six points from their last two games (Brentford [A], Wycombe [H]), Sheff Utd can then win promotion with four points from Stevenage [H] and Exeter [A]. All four of those clubs still have something to play for, no matter how slim the chances, meaning it's going to be an interesting final 180 minutes of the season in the steel city.
  • Options
    SHEFF U:

STEVENAGE (H)
    Exeter City (A)

SHEFF W:

Brentford (A)
    WYCOMBE WANDERERS (H)
  • Options
    Sheff Utd have (at this stage of the season) a far superior goal difference (+41 to +30), meaning the gap is effectively two points.

Assuming Wednesday pick up six points from their last two games (Brentford [A], Wycombe [H]), Sheff Utd can then win promotion with four points from Stevenage [H] and Exeter [A]. All four of those clubs still have something to play for, no matter how slim the chances, meaning it's going to be an interesting final 180 minutes of the season in the steel city.
    What? If Weds win both their games that puts them on 93 points. 4 points for Utd would put them on 92 points, ie 3rd.

If weds win both their games, Utd need to do the same.
  • Options
    I now hope weds go up. Utd should have terminated evans contract - with the goals he has contributed their season has now been tainted.
  • Options
    the gap is 1 1/2 points in reality as if Wednesday win and United draw- Wednesday will be ahead.
  • Options

What? If Weds win both their games that puts them on 93 points. 4 points for Utd would put them on 92 points, ie 3rd.

If weds win both their games, Utd need to do the same.
    D'oh. Sorry, must've been half asleep.