Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Leyton Orient | 31st March 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Teams, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I just hope our players will want it as much as the highly motivated 4/5 former Charlton players desperately hoping to give their old club a bloody nose.

If they do not we will lose. If they do we might draw.

I hope I'm wrong and we stuff Orient out of sight!

• Options
    The afternoon will begin with a gentle breeze sweeping across the Valley knocking David Mooney over and he has to be subbed due to injury.

2-0 BWP & Hollands
  • Options
    An edgy uncomfortable afternoon. Narrow 2-1 win with one of our old boys scoring for them late on.
  • Options
    Think it will be very tight but we'll nick it 2-1
  • Options
    If Yann is back we will win. 4 - 4 - 1- 1 to thwart their packed midfield and it's another 3 - 0 to the Addicks while the chasing pack slip up.
  • Options
    I am confident we will win this one but more than anything I'd like to see us getting at them straight from the kick off. I want to see us going for the goals for a change. Too many teams have taken the initiative against us at the start of matches and it's about time we did it to them. There's nothing to fear from Orient so we can start out with all guns blazing. No doubt it's not going to happen - but if it does, I expect a return to the 4 or 5 goals we used to polish teams off with.
  • Options
    Oh and lets really get behind the boys too. No negativity. No sighing and aaahhing if a pass goes astray. Show them we're behind them all the way. We can make a difference - we're not just onlookers, we're part of the team and our job is to create the noise and atmosphere which spurs them on and causes nerves in the opposition. Let's make it happen!
  • Options
    I'd bring back Taylor and Green

And obviously Yann and JJ is fit
  • Options
    2-0 - a ground out win like Yeovil. BWP and Morrison to score.
  • Options
    I don't care how we play as long as we get the 3 points. Tick another game off the list with the gap the same if not better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only the teams that are below us need to be nervy, keep calm and play the football
  • Options
    So Rachubka had one decent game and he's seen by some as the new Gordon Banks, despite him being hauled off at half time this season at Leeds.

There were lucky at Oldham, and we're a not as bad as some would like to make you believe. win and a comfy one at that
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The team would be the same apart from Taylor for Cort and Yann (if fit) for Hayes. Pritchard in for the suspended Russel and I would like to see the 4-4-1-1 with Yann in the whole.

I would go for a 4-0 to us. Back to winning ways. Wagstaff to play out of his skin and get 2 assists and a goal whilst BWP gets 2 and Solly gets a rare goal for us too.

Edit:- Make that 3 unforced changes. Cook in for N'Guessssssssssssan. He's out to make amends.
  • Options

It would be nice to see a strong and positive first-half home performance for a change.

Each home first-half showing has been progressively worse since Colchester. It means we have to win a game in 45 mins which is tough if they score 2 in the first half (Colchester) or impossible if they score 4 (Notts County). Easier if we get a fluke goal despite being dreadful (Yeovil) but this is hardly a sound tactic.

You can call this one after the first 15 mins. If Saint Chris has them singing from the same hymn sheet from the first minute it will be Onward Charlton Soldiers.

If we wander about like bunnies in the headlights and let the orientals get a sniff , it will be a very long afternoon.

I have faith in Saint Chris to have them up for the fight.. (2-0 comfortable ).
  • Options
    the players just need to keep cool and not panic stephens will come back in for russell and hopefully we will have cook on the left cos without jacko we dont have balance on the left so he is the obvious choice , nguessan dont rate him .im going for another 3 -0 bwp 2 and stephens.
  • Options
    2-0, hollands to score first
  • Options
    4-0 yann, bwp, yann, hollands
  • Options
    I was rather hoping that Rothko wasnt going to do any prediction for this game as his last 3 attempts have been

Scunthorpe - nasty 1-0 win
    Huddrsfield - win or draw (2 out of 3 not bad)
    Does anyone think Sheff Wed will beat Notts County, really?

:) I joke

0-1 after we batter them all day long and squeaky bum time
  • Options
    The afternoon will begin with a gentle breeze sweeping across the Valley knocking David Mooney over and the ref redcards one of our midfielders.

2-0 BWP & Hollands
  • Options
    very nervous about this game, cant take it if we dropped any more points
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back to winning ways as we cruse to a 3-0 win. BWP, Yann and Stephens with he goals.
  • Options
    Orient have been a bit of a bogey side at The Valley in the past few seasons. They'll come to frustrate us no doubt.

Good news Powell has said Jackson is back in training so he might be good for the weekend.
  • Options
    I'm not nervous about this game and I think we'll win. Hopefully Chris will revert to the old guard (minus JJ if still injured). Hopeful team Hamar, Solly, Morro, Taylor, Wiggy, Green, Stephens, Hollands, JJ (probably Cook though), Yann, BWP. Subs: Sullivan, Cort, Waggy, Hayes, N'Guessan. We need to come out on the front foot though and keep it going for the whole game. I'm going 3-0, BWP (2) and Stephens.
  • Options
    2-0 Kermorgant Bwp
  • Options

It would be nice to see a strong and positive first-half home performance for a change.

Each home first-half showing has been progressively worse since Colchester. It means we have to win a game in 45 mins which is tough if they score 2 in the first half (Colchester) or impossible if they score 4 (Notts County). Easier if we get a fluke goal despite being dreadful (Yeovil) but this is hardly a sound tactic.

You can call this one after the first 15 mins. If Saint Chris has them singing from the same hymn sheet from the first minute it will be Onward Charlton Soldiers.

If we wander about like bunnies in the headlights and let the orientals get a sniff , it will be a very long afternoon.

I have faith in Saint Chris to have them up for the fight.. (2-0 comfortable ).
    Love the summary and make you right. Hope you are right about the score as well!
  • Options
    The highly motivated ex Orient player we have will help us to a win
  • Options
    2-1 with goals from Kermo and Solly
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    We'll go behind. Of that I'm sure. We'll huff and puff and look unconvincing, but ultimately, nick it by the odd goal. 2-1.
    I have not checked the stats Clem but I don't thik we have a great record of winning games once we have gone a goal down so I hope you get that bit wrong.
    W2 D6 L5 is our record after conceding first.

By contrast, W22 D4 is our record when we score first.

(In League games only.)
  • Options
    We will win our next three games and wonder what all the fuss was about.
  • Options
    Just a win...please just a win. 1-0.