Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Galloway - Bradford West By-Election

Comments

• Options
    So he got in cos he doesnt booze?
  • Options
    So he got in cos he doesnt booze?
    I'll drink to that!
  • Options
    this is what democracy is all about, having a few outspoken members of parliament is no bad thing at all. Don't like him and his views but I think in a way his victory is a small victory for british politics.
  • Options
    Great to see success for one of the very few who consistently critique and condemn Britain's rotten foreign policy. The large Muslim community of Bradford is likely to be far less blinkered to these issues than the mainstream white population so fair play to him for capitalising on that.
  • Options
    Great to see success for one of the very few who consistently critique and condemn Britain's rotten foreign policy. The large Muslim community of Bradford is likely to be far less blinkered to these issues than the mainstream white population so fair play to him for capitalising on that.
    Rotten in your opinion...not mine......yes we get it wrong sometimes but not consistently as you so wrongly suggest.

• Options
    Rotten in your opinion...not mine......yes we get it wrong sometimes but not consistently as you so wrongly suggest.

If going to war because God told you to, that is pretty rotten to me
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    About a third of Tory MP's are essentially UKIP in all but name , this will be the negative for Cameron if he were to win a majority .He likes the shield the Lib Dems give him .

I think the various financial scandals that have involved more than one of their elected politicians especially those elected to the European Parliament has damaged them badly. They certainly knew how to exploit the gravy train they criticised.

what source is this from please?
  • Options

The thing is we don't know just how rotten it has been because we judge things via the media, which has always served as an arm of government. It's not always people's fault for underestimating our crimes abroad, because the real facts are not easily accessible. But pick up a few well-researched history books and you get such a different story to the distortion spewed out by the media each time we go to war.

We go to war for our economy and for geopolitical power. Millions of innocent civilians are killed in the process. That's rotten.
  • Options

Is that a reference to Muslims? Because that's nonsense. The whole link between Islam and extremist violence was cultivated by our friends the US (in collusion with Pakistan) anyhow, when they needed the locals to fight Russian influence in the Middle East.
  • Options
    His eyebrows make me feel sick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2012
    About a third of Tory MP's are essentially UKIP in all but name , this will be the negative for Cameron if he were to win a majority .He likes the shield the Lib Dems give him .

I think the various financial scandals that have involved more than one of their elected politicians especially those elected to the European Parliament has damaged them badly. They certainly knew how to exploit the gravy train they criticised.

Just to clarify Richard J made that assertion not me.

The tame way the majority of Tory MPs tamely followed the party line in voting for multi billions of pounds Euro bailouts (which Hansard can verify) suggests to me that he is wrong.

The Tories are worse than Labour and the Lib Dems. You expect the left to betray the UK because the whole ideology of the left hates what the UK stands for. The Tories pretend to be patriots and then act just like the other two. Traitorous scum.
  • Options

Is that a reference to Muslims? Because that's nonsense. The whole link between Islam and extremist violence was cultivated by our friends the US (in collusion with Pakistan) anyhow, when they needed the locals to fight Russian influence in the Middle East.
    Tony Blair admitted he went to war in Iraq because God told him. Our prime minister for years was a crazy war criminal and no one seems to even acknowledge it now.
  • Options
    But Muslims and Christians and Jews share the SAME God. We just have different names for him.
  • Options

Tony Blair admitted he went to war in Iraq because God told him. Our prime minister for years was a crazy war criminal and no one seems to even acknowledge it now.
    Blair and Bush are basically christian fundamentalists............a scary thought.
  • Options
    What is never mentioned is that 'THE MUSLIMS STARTED IT' by conquering Spain and part of France, after conquering and subjugating the Middle East and North Africa in the 8th century. It took the Christian Spanish almost 500 years to 'get their country back'. Later, the Ottomans imposed 'Islam' on the Balkans for hundreds of years. The history of Spain and the Balkans during these occupations consists of many many years of enslavement to Islamic rulers and Islamic ideology.
    To say that some Islamists are only 'violent' and politicised because of US/UK/European exploitation is simply wrong. Islam is and always has been a warrior type religion and there has been a Constant Christian/Islam tension since the time of Mohammed. Only the Shia/Sunni split has weakened the power of the Islamic nations, else they could possibly be the overwhelming superpowers of today. There is a great deal of tension between Muslim nations, tension brought about by differing religious doctrines and economic matters. Iraq/Kuwait ? .. Muslim v Muslim .. Iraq v Iran ? .. you get the picture.
    George Galloway has jumped on the Islamist bandwagon because, I suspect, he is a narcissist and will advocate and preach any doctrine so long as he is in the limelight and has a contrary view to the majority.
  • Options

Just to clarify Richard J made that assertion not me.

The tame way the majority of Tory MPs tamely followed the party line in voting for multi billions of pounds Euro bailouts (which Hansard can verify) suggests to me that he is wrong.

The Tories are worse than Labour and the Lib Dems. You expect the left to betray the UK because the whole ideology of the left hates what the UK stands for. The Tories pretend to be patriots and then act just like the other two. Traitorous scum.

Sorry guys I was stating a personal opinion about a section of Conservative MP's based on their political views.

• Options
    Super post Lincs. Fully agree. I am a paid up member of the SNP. I fully agree with Scottish Independance and the rebuilding of the wall. Galloway is a major twat. We are all struggling to get through this current crisis with what will probably be remembered as the worst of all governments. This idiot and the people of Bradford deserve each other.
    What worse than Thatcher? Blair? Really.
    Wow, big call
  • Options
    Yes very good post Lincs.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

"The whole link was cultivated by the US".... Oh please.....that's pure rubbish it's been going on for centuries NH. Just in different formats and 'in-time' conflicts.....wars and conflict between Muslim and Christian ideolgy has, and likely always will be, a constant source of division between many races.
    If you think one side is better than the other then you're wrong. I lknow only that the slow steady drip drip drip of Islamic culture into the society that I was brought up in is not welcomed, at least by me............ and I will do all I can (in my very limited way at my age) to prevent it. All I can do nowadays is talk about it.....my pro-active days are unfortunately behind me.
    That's religion for you.
    I'm not religious at all by the way, but do acknowledge that this country was founded over many centuries on Christian ideology and ethos and I at least respect that piece of indisputable history because quite simply I understand it and feel comfortable knowing it and living here with it.....though more and more often I'm left feeling a stranger in my own country these days.
    I will react in anyway needed to protect our culture and history, wherever in the world it is threatend. Sometimes that is a real threat and sometimes it quite possibly isn't...I personally don't have the information readily to hand to know on each and every occassion what is a real threat and what isn't....but I'm English/British....and proud to be so.....and at the end of the day I know where my loyalty lies.
    Just my view, which some will agree with................ and some won't no doubt.

Perfidius Albion!!!!!!

• Options
    Also very good post Soundas? I am not by any stretch someone who could be called a nationalist but your post does strike a cord with me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But Muslims and Christians and Jews share the SAME God. We just have different names for him.
    This.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Chirpy, are you suffering from short term memory loss, reading comprehension issues, or multiple personality disorder? Quoting someone and then adding "THIS" to agree with them is a bit tedious, but doing it to agree with YOURSELF is bonkers...
  • Options
    This makes the presumption that a God exists.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hmmmmmm. Rubs chin...... Hmmmmmmm

Well how can I put this........? Errrrrr.....To those three groups he most certainly does!

If you want to join the Clever Comment Club, think about what you are going to say first...
  • Options
    This.
    What's the relevance?

• Options

Well how can I put this........? Errrrrr.....To those three groups he most certainly does!

If you want to join the Clever Comment Club, think about what you are going to say first...
    Ditto dear boy.

• Options
    I hate everyone equally.
  • Options

Ditto dear boy.

Brilliant!!!

What?? Div.
  • Options
    Why don't you write 'This' to one of your own posts again? It seemed to go down very well last time.
  • Options
    Why don't you write 'This' to one of your own posts again? It seemed to go down very well last time.
    That.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!