Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Galloway - Bradford West By-Election

1235»

Comments

• Options
    My response was to your summation of Blair as Prime Minister which opinions you are of course perfectly entitled to have. From that I merely requested that you inform us of your opinion of MT which I rightly guessed. I was I admit amused to read the glowing appraisal of her leadership but then I accept that's just my view. I doubt another thread on the relative merits or otherwise of Thatcherism would be productive.
    how does my opinion on Thatcher have anything to do with my opinion on Blair? Like Chirpy Red said, it is possible to be an admirer of both, or even a hater of both. I find it puzzling on this board that in every discussion about politics thatcher is brought up by a board member as a non answer. It's like that unwritten rule that if you start to talk about hitler in an arguement on the internet, you've lost. I think the same could be said about thatcher on this board.
  • Options
    Admirer of both. Hater of both or admirer of one hater of the other. Understand that bit. As for the rest I'm sorry you've lost me.
  • Options
    Admirer of both. Hater of both or admirer of one hater of the other. Understand that bit. As for the rest I'm sorry you've lost me.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

and Blair was a self confessed thatcherite. So you can like them both.
  • Options
    Sorry. Maybe it's just me but I'm now losing the thread of this. For that reason I'm out.
  • Options
    Sorry. Maybe it's just me but I'm now losing the thread of this. For that reason I'm out.
    "Internet Troll: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

cheers mate! People like you bring this forum down, bye bye!
  • Options
    Jesus-------------- some crackers in this thread:

"picking on Islam" FFS-------------i dont remember to many Muslims from Bradford /Luton etc getting on a bus/ boat etc to defend their "brothers" when in was going off in the Balkan conflict. Of course their so tolerant of other faiths arnt they.

" Maggie Thatcher voted one of the best PMs ever"-------------- i must have missed that vote ! mind you looking at what we have had in the last 50 years --Wilson/Heath/ Callahan/ Blair/Brown etc its a piss poor bunch.

• Options
    I detest Thatcher, I loathe Blair. Against my better judgement I admit to a grudging respect (no pun) for Galloway for the way he pisses off the Establishment and riles the reactionary man on the street. However I dislike the fact that he gained his victory, seemingly, by targeting the Muslim community and not a all inclusive, socially united campaign.

But most of all I hate the fact that reading threads like this remind me that this nation, this world has so many, to my mind, purile reasons for hating each other, for staying divided that it just makes me sad.

I'm off to watch kittens on YouTube :(
  • Options
    Jesus-------------- some crackers in this thread:

"picking on Islam" FFS-------------i dont remember to many Muslims from Bradford /Luton etc getting on a bus/ boat etc to defend their "brothers" when in was going off in the Balkan conflict. Of course their so tolerant of other faiths arnt they.

" Maggie Thatcher voted one of the best PMs ever"-------------- i must have missed that vote ! mind you looking at what we have had in the last 50 years --Wilson/Heath/ Callahan/ Blair/Brown etc its a piss poor bunch.

PMSL
  • Options
    An Anti English tw@t.

Feel even more sorry for the people of Bradistan.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Was a vote based on religion completely.

Fair play to this lad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWzf_yqAAU&feature=player_embedded

Listen to those 'peacefull muslims', "We've won". Says it all tbh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2012
    Or are they respect party members saying we've won? All depends on your perspective I suppose.

Still an incredible result. 50% turnout is pretty high but if people were so opposed to GG they should've got off their arses and voted for someone else. Maybe some people 'care' more than others?

What a crazy place we live in at the moment.
  • Options
    Look more like 'henchman' to me.
  • Options
    nice protest ......what an egg
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!