Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thoughts on Female Manager by 2022?

13»

Comments

• Options
    I would be glad if it happens. There are female managers of girls teams out there, and I reckon there are already female managers of certainly boys teams, and at some level someplace of mens teams. It would open up the potential pool of talent by 50% if women were considered on merit as potential managers.
    I don't see it as very likely given the conservative nature of society, but if a woman can make a breakthrough it would certainly be a good thing wouldn't it? If Rachel Riley managed us to the Premier League title nobody would object to that would they? And if Hope Powell could do it why not.
    In my working life I have had male and female line managers, good and bad both...but I have known some female managers in the workplace who are and were not only highly skilled and effective, but utter and complete diamonds.
  • Options
    I cant see it.Hope powell got mentioned but she has faded due to a mess up in tactics in some competition or other.I dont know which as I will admit to not being interested in womens football.Too much money involved to give one a try.I have seen in youth rugby and football women coaches with all the badges and all have been clueless due to never playing at any level.I can see there being match officials because they have trouble finding anyone to do it and players dont respect officals so no problem there.
  • Options
    Maybe on FIFA22 as a novelty act.

Generally speaking I would have to say no as I think it would cost clubs too much time & money trying to teach a female manager the offside rule.

And you wouldn't get a man trying to stick his oar into managing let's say a hairdressers would you?
  • Options

It should happen and eventually will happen.

There should be encouragement by the FA of women to take management roles further down the pyramid. The experience gained there will then filter through to a higher level.

As Sanchez suggests, some women may be accelerated through for commercial purposes. Perugia (then Serie A) attempted to have female players.
  • Options
    Sunday league, maybe county league at best. The fact is, for every manager, there are 20 players that have played at that level too, so if I ran a club I'm pretty sure I'd be looking for someone who'd played at a decent level.
  • Options
    If it happens, it happens. I'm not fussed. It's like the 'not enough black managers' debate; as long as they're good enough, race and sex should have nothing do to with it. The main concern would be experience however. The top flight of women's football here isn't that great. I'd expect a few American female managers, seeing as the standard of women's football in the US is pretty high (the Women's World Cup last year proved that).