Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I Need A Hobby - Suggestions

Comments

• Options
    Okie noodling. Try Danson Park lake.
    In the car park? ;-)
  • Options
    Rock collecting on that website for me!

Golf?
    I go on the occasional adult education course in the evenings - last 12 weeks or so and learn a bit about different things like pottery, photography, gardening etc...quite good fun.
  • Options
    Archery is a good call. May take it up again myself.
    Archery is a good social sport. My husband and I had many happy years involved with Archery in Kent.
  • Options
    Trying to get your head out of your arse?
    classic
  • Options
    Bus spotting: you're in an ideal location to hop on a bus for both Plumstead and Bexleyheath garages locally, and New Cross and Camberwell aren't too far away. Armed with your spotter's book and packed lunch you'll have a grand day out and meet lots of interesting, like-minded people to share your sarnies with and to discuss all the latest developments in omnibus technology. But resist the temptation to photograph buses and garages, you're liable to get arrested! So, treat youself to a new duffle coat & dag, pencils (and sharpener), notepad and bi-focals and get spotting!
  • Options
    Shg the best past time is to ignore prior
  • Options
    Cycling.

Nathan Prior baiting. I'd pay to see a pack of dogs rip him apart.
    Happy to organize this and even substitute the dogs for something more
    exotic - honey badgers, for example.
    Put him in a Charlton shirt and him make him walk up and down the ilderton rd on a matchday.

• Options
    I did the family tree thing and found my ancestors never moved much until my Dad moved to London.Got back to the early 1800s but was flumoxed by two things,shortage of surnames in N.Wales and my inability to speak Welsh.One thing I learned the hard way was to make sure you note down every site you visit especially the pay to use as I finished up going over the same ground a few times.All in all quite enjoyable and addictive but a bit of an anti climax when I got as far as I could and my Mums side had been done by a distant relative and I had a copy of their work and the lack of Welsh speaking made trying to get further a non starter.
  • Options
    I think you are too young to take up bowls but an idea for the future.
  • Options
    Tennis?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    10 pin bowling.
  • Options
    Stig
    9:22AM
    Dansk_Red said:

10 pin bowling.

I think he wants it to be more long term.
  • Options
    Wrestling
  • Options
    Creatine
  • Options
    Place Hacking
  • Options
    Don't you believe it Dansk...there are a lot of younger folk involved in bowls nowadays...........indoor and outdoor.
    A lot of junior leagues stuff as well.

• Options
    Subbuteo. I used to love playing this and wish I still had the opportunity.
  • Options
  • Options
    Brewing your own beer or making your own wine.
    I second this and would be more than happy to pass an afternoon or 2 showing you the ropes. When all up and running a brew day can take 4 to 5 hours of your time and an other hour a week or so later (bottling up) and then 2 to 3 weeks later you get the best bit of all the drinking. Have a look at this site http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brewing your own beer or making your own wine.
    I second this and would be more than happy to pass an afternoon or 2 showing you the ropes. When all up and running a brew day can take 4 to 5 hours of your time and an other hour a week or so later (bottling up) and then 2 to 3 weeks later you get the best bit of all the drinking. Have a look at this site http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk
    If you want some inspiration, let me know and I'll send you some tickets for the little competition I run: bexleyhomebrew.info/
  • Options
    Being nice and local to me, as Redmidland has said many our Bailey needs to start some "Manwork" asap. Getting up to Leicester is becoming a problem, would you care to help out?image
  • Options
    Learn to play a musical instrument! One of the best thing you will ever do. Loads of free guitar lessons on t'net. Also join a group lesson, the other people in the group lesson will help you progress. You are never too old!
  • Options
    Start a Greenwich Charlton Athletic Supporters' Group. Doesn't take up too much time and a badly needed group.
  • Options
    I'd join that one Henry! Bromley is jut a bit too far out for me.
  • Options
    Tai chi . Or hot yoga went to breeze yoga up in beckenham , try being at the back its all women.
  • Options
    grow your own ...
  • Options
    Allotment/gardening/growing your own food
    Tai Chi/Kung Fu or a martial art - they aren't just about defence, but good for health and mobility, Tai Chi in particular.
    Walking
    Have a look at Oen University if you want to do something academically based or your local authority might have some good evening classes.
  • Options
    If you want to learn something and you're able to put a bit of money into it, then I would recommend having a look at the Open University prospectus. Learning a new subject is always worthwhile but I find it generally requires some structure and the motivation provided by deadlines.
  • Options
    Google green chain walk and start off doing their walks. Good one from the barrier all through the parks and up to oxleas woods. Once you start off with small walks and like it you start looking further afield. We love it. Prefer to walk coastal walks as we don't get lost that way as we don't take it too seriously. Doesn't cost anything either. Tho we always end our walks in a pub.