Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks vs Carlisle Match Thread......14/4/12

edited August 2021 in General Charlton
Well here we are then.......90 mins or so till ko......will we be a Championship team by 17:00 hrs.................lets hope so. Obviously gonna be a lot of people logged on today, so be patient if the server is a little slower than normal.........but I'll do my best (as will others) to bring all the big match build up and the game to those following around the UK and world.
I've been thinking what to try and add to today's build up and I've published below a pre game speech I found on tinterweb!!

Great moments are born from great opportunity.
You shouldn't have any doubt in your mind about what you are supposed to do today and about how you are supposed to do it. This is your time. Now, I don't want them to gain another point. Take their game and you shove it right back in their face. Thats how winning is done

Team is something you belong to, something you feel, something you have to earn. If we don't come together, it's over. And i guarantee a week won't go by in your life you won't regret, walking out letting them get the best of you.

I'll ask you one last time to be the best that you could be. Play like champions. Win.

It's about heart. It's about who can go out their and play the hardest. It's about how hard you can play and keep moving forward. In my book we're gonna be winners.

In any game it's the team who's willing to die, willing to take the hits, who's going to win that game.

Let me tell you something, you don't let anyone, nothing, come between us.

On this team we fight and we shut them down, because we can!!!!

I'll publish the team as soon as I can get it.

Comments

• Options
    God I'm excited/nervous for today! COYR!
  • Options
    COYR... I'VE GOT BUTTERFLIES!!
  • Options
    Afternoon Red.
  • Options
    Afternoon Red.
    Afternoon @TCE...........all ok?
  • Options
    ha, just beat me to it !
  • Options
    Expecting a bumper turnout this afternoon, so this match thread will probably turn Members Only at some point.

If you intend to follow, register now and i'll process before KO.

Wherever you are following from in the world, enjoy the afternoon chaps, and good luck to your matchday 'commentary' team of Colonel Red Midland and Brigadier Paddy.

Remember.....

....No swearing, no false goals 'for a laugh', and no bloody arguing

SO COME ON YOU RIP ROARING, GOAL SCORING, PROMOTION SOARING, PRIDE RESTORING ADDICKS !!!!!
  • Options
    I'm excited too, not nervous though because if we don't cross the line today we will soon. COYR!
  • Options
    ha, just beat me to it !
    I've always been premature AFKA!!! You shutting yours down?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    now regretting not spending the £100+ to train it to Carlilse, i'm just a wreck today
  • Options
    Fair play to all charlton fans who travelled up today. Now wishing I had gone. A great effort & commitment by all that have!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Organiser's flag in a Carlisle boozer

• Options

Remember.....

....No swearing
    Not even the occasional "bottoms" or "poo"?
  • Options
    Pitch is in perfect playing condition.............but hailstones are falling currently
  • Options
    I second you on the arguing and that AFKA!

Biggest game for years?
  • Options
    might be a big game but remember Oldham away and the Swindon play-off games.

Got to win it first
  • Options
    Hail has now stopped............but big black clouds around the ground
  • Options

Biggest game for years?

Depends how you define "big". It's the first time since May 2000 that we've gone into a game knowing we could be promoted by the end of it. Unfortunately you can't say the same thing about relegation
  • Options
    COYR
  • Options
    Mambo has been sent off
  • Options
    60 mins to ko
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mambo has been sent off
    For excessive dancing?
  • Options
    Come on you Addicks! We know what we have to do so a big hurrah to Col U in their quest to nullify the Wendies!
  • Options
    Afternoon all.
  • Options
    Afternoon all.
    Afternoon Paddy..........usual?
  • Options
    COYR!!!!

It's going to be properly tough this.
  • Options
    Madness excited ... First chance of promotion and let's take it.....

Come On You Reds!
  • Options
    F5 button will be thrashed.
  • Options
    Everyone ready for what could be the best day in the clubs recent history? GOD IM NERVOUS.
  • Options
    Just to re-clarify there RM - I'll of course be doing updates from t'other side, UNLESS that mystical stream is available, in which case... sorry. Seth will be providing the expert summary. Isn't it a shame that there's only one more of these (away) events to go this season? The away thread community is just fantastic.

I'd also like to say at this juncture that I'll probably be doing both home and away match threads next season as I'll be at university and therefore not at all home games, even though I'll still hold a season ticket.
  • Options
    Had about four hours sleep. COYRs