Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anders Breivik

The man that killed 77 people and injured 242 in the bomb attack in Oslo and the killing spree on the small island, Utoeya (many under 18 years old).
He told the court he would "do it again." He admits to the bombings and attacks but pleads not guilty to terror and mass murder.

The question is, do you think he is sane or insane? There seems to be something seriously messed up in his head.

Comments

• Options
    Insane. Should never be allowed out on the streets again. Trying to use his trial to get his warped views across.
  • Options
    Think he's sane, just twisted. The man planned everything out, the court case is part of his plan no doubt too. He'll claim it wasn't terror but a fight against the apparent communist revolution that was the whole point of his little spree. The man sickens me.
  • Options
    Quite clearly insane.
  • Options
    He knew exactly what he was doing. Planned with military precision.

I read somewhere that he is claiming self defence and that he shed teers of joy when the video of the bombing was shown in the court.

Also read that the trial was halted for a time as one of the judges had spoken out saying that he should be facing the death penalty.

He has twisted political views, but that doesn't make him mad.
  • Options
    Kill him, job done !
  • Options
    he's a brainwashed wrongen
  • Options
    The fact that he killed so many people yet has asked to be aquitted would lead me to the conclusion that he is insane.

Maybe not in the way that insanity is judged by 'professionals' and their list of boxes that need to be ticked, but he is definitely mental.
  • Options
    Mad as a hatter......quite how he's being viewed as anything other than a nutter is astounding IMHO.
    His antics and comments thus far during the trial merely illustrate this and the longer he's allowed to spout such crap the more bizarre he's likely to become.
    Lovely country Norway and I just love the people.....they are obviously trying to demonstrate to the world how 'fair minded' they are but honestly in this instance just declare him insane and throw the key away guys. No one is going to hold you up to ridicule or being considered heartless if you did so.
  • Options
    He's not so much insane as psychotic.

• Options
    He's not insane.

Before he done all this, He knew that he would either be killed or spend the rest of his life behind bars but sacrificed that for what he believes to be the 'good of his country's future'. IMHO You can't fault him for his views, Everyone has personal opinions but shooting kids etc is just sick imo. Not mental but sick and theres no doubt he will spend the rest of his life in prison. I just hope he suffers.

He wanted to make an hour long speech to the court about the West and Immigration. Don't know if he was allowed or not though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IMHO You can't fault him for his views
    Since his views include the belief that it is OK to plant bombs in city centres and gun down innocent unarmed adults and kids then yes you can very much fault him on his views.

• Options
    Not insane -he knows right from wrong---he had the choice----his victims never did.

No differnace from this guy to any other arse wipe terrorist--------he shouldnt be given a voice. Jury yes-----trial yes----no media-----no coverage
  • Options
    As ive said kill him !
  • Options
    Since his views include the belief that it is OK to plant bombs in city centres and gun down innocent unarmed adults and kids then yes you can very much fault him on his views.

You beat me to it Henry. Definitely not insane, just warped and very dangerous.

To find him not guilty by virtue of insanity would be a travesty of justice imho.
  • Options
    WHHAAAATTTT?
  • Options

Can't fault someone for their views on immigration etc HOWEVER you CAN fault him for the way he acted on them. You know what I meant hence only quoting half the sentence.
  • Options
    He's not insane.

Before he done all this, He knew that he would either be killed or spend the rest of his life behind bars but sacrificed that for what he believes to be the 'good of his country's future'. IMHO You can't fault him for his views,
    "You can't fault him for his views"

He's entitled to an opinion - but when that opinion is expressed in the murder of 77 mostly young kids (and all of them were unarmed) then it crosses a line. Cowardice is the least of his sins unless attacking unarmed young adults is ok?
  • Options
    give this thread 5 mins
  • Options
    Yours!!!
  • Options
    As ive said kill him !
    Does not that not make the state as bad as he is?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's not insane.

Before he done all this, He knew that he would either be killed or spend the rest of his life behind bars but sacrificed that for what he believes to be the 'good of his country's future'. IMHO You can't fault him for his views,
    "You can't fault him for his views"

He's entitled to an opinion - but when that opinion is expressed in the murder of 77 mostly young kids (and all of them were unarmed) then it crosses a line. Cowardice is the least of his sins unless attacking unarmed young adults is ok?
    Ffs, That is exactly what I've just tried to say!!! Everyone's got opinions and views which you can't fault but acting on them in that manner is just sick!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Can't fault someone for their views on immigration etc HOWEVER you CAN fault him for the way he acted on them. You know what I meant hence only quoting half the sentence.
    Yes, I know exactly what you mean. We all remember the Stephen Lawrence thread.
  • Options
    Fair Dos.

Only read/quote half my posts if you want so it looks like it was meant in a different way.

I know what I meant and stand by the view if that you can't fault someone for having views aslong as they're not acted on in a waylike he did. Thats just sick and Can be faulted!
  • Options
    Back, camel, broke, that, straw etc etc
  • Options
    Breivik is the poster boy of the EDL
  • Options
    AAAAAAAAAND CLOSE THREAD
  • Options
    Am I a Man of Eltham or an Eltham Man?
  • Options
    He's not insane.

Before he done all this, He knew that he would either be killed or spend the rest of his life behind bars but sacrificed that for what he believes to be the 'good of his country's future'. IMHO You can't fault him for his views, Everyone has personal opinions but shooting kids etc is just sick imo. Not mental but sick and theres no doubt he will spend the rest of his life in prison. I just hope he suffers.

He wanted to make an hour long speech to the court about the West and Immigration. Don't know if he was allowed or not though?
    i understood what you meant by that.

you can't stop people having views no matter how sick or twisted they are to you or me as they are their views.

• Options
    Breivik is the poster boy of the EDL
    Tommy, "my real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon but that sounds too posh" Robinson is tying himself up in knots trying to distance himself from the murders but warning of something similar in the UK. Yaxley-Lennon also thinks the Knights Templers still exist but that's another point.

• Options
    there's no need for the se10 bashing to begin.....you know what he was trying to say....

but i think you can fault him for his views, they are warped and prehistoric, and then what he did afterwards....i think we all agree on that

also for someone to believe that killing all them kids was "for the good of his country" is insane. how has his country benefitted? no reasonable person would have believed that any good would have come from committing those acts. just because you can plan something doesn't mean you are sane