Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford vs. Welling United - Play Off Final

Comments

• Options
    Welling`s gate against Sutton was 1,408
  • Options
    What is the capacity at Dartford ?
  • Options
    From memory around the 4,100 mark.
  • Options
    I'll go.
  • Options
    Thanks Kerry - is it pay on day ? Sorry to be pest - should go on 1 of their sites I guess
  • Options
    Sorry, don't know ticketing arrangements, can't find any info on the Dartford website. They have in the past made games all tickets, and the ground can be segregated if police deem it necessary, if I hear anything I let you know, but I got the sort of week coming up that nobody wants.
  • Options
    It's going to be segregated. It got a bit lively at Princes Park for the league game.

I'd guess that Welling will take 700-800 and that the gate will be around 3500.
    I can remember when in the 80's I was watching Maidstone, Welling always seemed to have a hardcore fan base of around 1200 people.

• Options
    Its not all ticket, but you can buy in advance from Dartford from tomorrow.
  • Options
    Spoil the Darts fans fun if they segregate. They always change ends at HT which will prove difficult
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is anyone available to pick up 2 tickets for me and I meet them on Sunday to exchange money if anyone is goin over welling to buy some tickets I am working away this weeks that's all
  • Options
    Welling United advise all supporters who will be supporting the Wings to get their tickets as early as possible from Park View Road from tomorrow morning.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/wellingutd/news/ticket-update-for-play-off-fin-579311.html
  • Options
    Bought 3 tickets for the Dartford end tonight .

£12 each and Club Shop sells tickets between 2 - 7 pm until Friday.

Up the Darts !
  • Options
    Come on you WINGS!
  • Options
    FIGHT ! FIGHT !
  • Options
    Blimey

any chance of charlton offering to stage the game?

Dartford gave finalists welling 800 tickets of which 300 have gone in the first 2 hours of sale...

What a mess given they sold tickets to all fans on the first day saying it wasnt segregated then said next day can all welling fans come back and get a refund then go to welling and get a ticket.

• Options
    Blimey

any chance of charlton offering to stage the game?

Dartford gave finalists welling 800 tickets of which 300 have gone in the first 2 hours of sale...

What a mess given they sold tickets to all fans on the first day saying it wasnt segregated then said next day can all welling fans come back and get a refund then go to welling and get a ticket.

To you and me it looks like a mess. To Mr Hobbins it looks like another get rich quick scheme!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Bit low mate.

Welling have been given 20% of the final tickets by Dartford. To try and make that to be ok and put a slur on welling is out of order.

4000 plus gate , welling 800 tickets as finalists cant be right and certainly isnt any doing of the Hobbins.

Think you would be peed off if you were playing someone like palace in a play off final and got 20% of the tickets?
  • Options
    Doesn't seem right but probably little that can be done ... they finished higher than Wings so can choose the percentage. Seems a little unfair for a playoff final but they will take any advantage they can including support.

Don't worry ... Welling will win anyway :-)
  • Options
    Bit low mate.

Welling have been given 20% of the final tickets by Dartford. To try and make that to be ok and put a slur on welling is out of order.

4000 plus gate , welling 800 tickets as finalists cant be right and certainly isnt any doing of the Hobbins.

Think you would be peed off if you were playing someone like palace in a play off final and got 20% of the tickets?
    At a neutral ground yes.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd say 20% is too low no matter who's at home, even in the FA Cup you have to give 25%, and I'd suggest this is a far more important game for both these teams. I'm still not sure why it's not at a neutral venue, can't be right to give one team home advantage in a play-off final. I guess the alternative would be a 2 legged final, and that would have the advantage of both teams earning extra income from the game(s).
  • Options
    The rules are set at the start of the season, whoever finished higher plays at home. If Welling wanted to play at home they should have finished higher, simple.
  • Options
    Bit low mate.

agreed. like i said earlier in the thread same thing happened to Ebbsfleet last year. only got around 25% of the ground. the home side had to give more on the day because of the number of fleet fans turning up. and they had not sold all of their tickets. people from the FA had to get involve and tell them to give us more. well it was probably a decision they could easily all agree on due to the numbers being packed into one small area when the home side hadn’t even filled their allocation.
  • Options
    Shame this is on the Sunday rather that Saturday
  • Options
    if i cant get a ticket as a welling fan ill buy one as a dartford fan. wherever i am in the gorund ill be singing "the road is long" and "come on you wings"
  • Options
    C'mon Bromley!
  • Options
    The rules are set at the start of the season, whoever finished higher plays at home. If Welling wanted to play at home they should have finished higher, simple.
    this.

• Options
    Welling have now been allocated another 200 tickets, 1,040 in total.
  • Options
    Nothing to do with playing at home. its about ticket allocation for a FINAL. They can host it, but tickets for a final should be allocated fairly.

In the north play off the away team have been given around 33% inititially of 3800.

• Options
    if i cant get a ticket as a welling fan ill buy one as a dartford fan. wherever i am in the gorund ill be singing "the road is long" and "come on you wings"
    I can see this happening haha, some wings songs in the dartford sections.