Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Di Canio - Swindon Manager

How far do you think he will take Swindon?

Rookie manager like chris Powell and won a league in his 1st full season.

I like him think hes great fun and is, just for that one season, one of the most talented footballers to ever wear the charlton shirt, he was brilliant.

Hope he has a successful managerial career, but do you think he is perhaps 'too mad' to manage in higher divisions? The PL?

Comments

• Options
    Think that he will become WHU manager within the next 12 months.
  • Options
    West Ham fans have been chanting his name, hilarious!
  • Options
    Not sure he will be able to manage the bigger players and there egos.
  • Options
    If I were a west ham fan id rather paulo than Big sam. Id have more faith in Di canio.
  • Options
    Certainly Paulo's got a couple of kangaroos loose in the top paddock. But Holloway's done pretty well and he's bonkers.
  • Options
    I suspect that more volatile and experienced players than those in his present side would not stand for a lot of his antics. Swindon is a strong outfit in a weak division. Next season will reveal a lot more of Di C's true merit.
  • Options
    If I were a west ham fan id rather paulo than Big sam. Id have more faith in Di canio.
    Really? based on one season? I'd much rather big sam, got a proven record and if West Ham fans had realistic championship expectations and hadn't got on the team and managers back so much perhaps they would have done better.
  • Options
    He will be at West Ham eventually. Got a feeling that he is going to get in trouble at Swindon at some point though with his antics.
  • Options
    Not sure he will be able to manage the bigger players and there egos.
    I'd love to see him try! Would be great entertainment!
  • Options
    He wont be there in 12 months time. He's to volatile to stay in one place for too long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was all for giving him a go at The Valley when we were skint and all depressed. I thought he would bring a much needed smile back to our faces. Talented footballer and seems a talented coach but just like SCP it's very early days. I do think he's a bit of an accident waiting to happen though.
  • Options
    Lazio after West Ham, if he continues to be a success. Agree with Bedsaddick, volatile and unpredictable, won't stay too long in any one place if they don't match his ambition. Got a Swindon fan in my office, they expect him to leave, probably for West Ham when Big Sam mucks it up.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18245752

Think he will be in a lot of trouble over this. Can see the media/bbc putting a lot of pressure on swindon to take action &, as the lad has decided to take it further, it's possible he could get the boot I reckon
  • Options
    Hope he goes back to Italy. Let them deal with their own fascists.
  • Options
    Or perhaps he could get a job in the Ukraine.
  • Options
    Looks like his mangerial carrer maybe a short one.
  • Options
    Whilst successful, last season was not without controversy, which I'm sure wil put a few chairmen off!
  • Options
    None of Sam Allardyce's Premier League clubs has been relegated while he's been in charge of them. Di Canio is a loose cannon. No sensible Premier League club would appoint him on the strength of winning League 2.
  • Options
    Or perhaps he could get a job in the Ukraine.

Liverpool job?
  • Options
    Banter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what did he say
  • Options
    what did he say
    "Paolo di Canio backed by Swindon chairman after racism claim". Maybe they should replace backed with sacked.

Great footballer but don't like his political views or man management.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18091100

• Options
    I have to say, he's surprised me as I thought he'd be a disaster and ascked by Christmas. However I share other poeple's scepticism about his ability to manage big name players because in the media he seems such a hard task-master but then we don't really know what he's like behind closed doors. I suspect he's a bit of a Cloughie style marmite manager - the players that love him would follow him over a cliff, but the ones that don't like him so much would happily knife him in a dark alley. If he's to be success I think he'll need to build his own team and lead them forward (like he's doing at Swindon), if he were to inherit another manager's squad and not be allowed to make wholesale cahnges I suspect he may struggle to win players over if they are loyal to the last manager.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Personally dont really care about his political views or man management.
    Good footballer, I like him

And its only Swindon, no one is going to take them that far.
  • Options
    Personally dont really care about his political views or man management.
    Good footballer, I like him

And its only Swindon, no one is going to take them that far.
    Hoddle took them to the top flight.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Good luck any manager doing that without an oil rich investor nowadays
  • Options
    Need to know what he is meant to have said but seems to be blown a little out of proportion
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I like to know what Paolo said that was apparently racist.

Paolo has always been an open minded footballer/manager and quiet frankly I admire him for that and he is a passionate man. However, I don't get this assumption that he might be racist.

I can remember reading about Alan Hansen's remarks about black players and I can remember talking to my colleagues at work (Some are Africans) and they mentioned that these so-called racist remarks are way over the top and don't find them offensive. So I do think people and the media go way over the top on these issues.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/alan-hansens-match-of-the-day-blunder-in-racism-row-6381504.html

• Options
    Imaging Di Canio as manager with Balotelli and Barton in the team... Now that would be entertaining.