Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Di Canio - Swindon Manager

Comments

• Options

Cawley has just said that supposedly Di Canio applied for the Charlton job before Powell got it.

His agent wrote to the club offering his services. It said 'passionate' about 100 times. A lot of people applied for the managers job at cafc. Some famous with terrible cv's and some who had taken Charlton to be triple cup winners on championship manager and therefore thought they were qualified to manage a real team. it wasn't just 1 person either. multiple emails/letters with cvs. baffling. one of them was Dec's dad's next door neighbour who was applying on behalf of his dad who he thought could do a 'really good job'.

I'd have loved Di Canio there. This was after Pardew went.
  • Options
    Di Canio is a twat and will never get a big management role in this country.
  • Options
    I like the fact Di Canio doesn't take any crap.

Also his quotes about Steve "FATboy" Evans are great.
  • Options
    Thing is Di Canio was without doubt a really gifted player but lets be honest here he does appear to be a few chips short of a Happy Meal
  • Options
    Will be the next west ham manager in the future
  • Options
    PaulCAFC said:

He was substituted for one error as the 2nd goal was not his fault. Feck me the way some prem keepers are playing at the minute they would have to have 3 keepers on the bench. Reina, Given, Cech and others have all made serious errors this season resulting in goals. Di Canio is wrong here. Taking off a keeper is always embarrassing for him. Not sure Wes dealt with it correctly though!

He's stated that it wasn't due to the error as everyone makes them, but due to the arrogance that he showed.

He'll do well.
  • Options
    He shifted Clarke out for Benson - done us there
  • Options

Will be the next west ham manager in the future

Really can't see this unless they make a panic appointment just to please the fans. It wouldn't end well though.

• Options
    I've never liked di canio, good player but all that noble catching the ball because someone was lying in the area injured, playing up to the Lazio Ultras, pushing referees over .. nah .. not for me. BUT he is the Swindon manager and if his players don't meet his required standards of play or behaviour he has the right to discipline them. Not to say that he is not risking getting chinned, but so be it. Lord Alex of Old Trafford has had a few bust ups, Beckham and Keane as well as Stam come to mind. He's still going strong.
  • Options
    I would have had him here before SCP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I would have had him here before SCP

really ? ..I can see why but beware the Chinese curse .. 'may you live in interesting times'
  • Options
    could you really imagine what this place would be like if we had an eccentric like Di Canio in charge?

just for that reason alone im glad he never came.
  • Options
    It would've been a real lift after boring Parkinson

But not as much of a lift as SCP

I think as an interim between us getting SCP he would've been superb

Especially for how much he would divide this forum
  • Options

could you really imagine what this place would be like if we had an eccentric like Di Canio in charge?

just for that reason alone im glad he never came.

Ha, good point!
  • Options

But we'd still have McCormack and Benson in the team !!
  • Options
    He would have been better than Parkinson and his mentor Pardew.
    Pardew just tok the piss and the money Parkinson hide for two yaers then was a disaster.

At least we would have had some naffing passion about the place and the Guardianistas would have hated it ----a major plus.
  • Options

Pardew just tok the piss and the money Parkinson hide for two yaers then was a disaster.

At least we would have had some naffing passion about the place and the Guardianistas would have hated it ----a major plus.

This
  • Options
    I'd rather have Chris Powell.
  • Options
    The interview is hilarious. He is so passionate, but you do need to keep your feelings in check as a manager.
  • Options

I can hear the chants now .. 'Paulo's Fascist Red and White Armeeeee'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure I'd be classified as a "Guardianista" by some but I would have loved him here... and while I'd have Powell any day of the week over Di Canio I still think he's doing a legendary job at Swindon. Yeah he's eccentric but he's getting the results and all the time that happens the fans will love him.

Mental but I loved him when he was here.
  • Options
    Seems like he judged Clarke about right. Perhaps he'll take him back. Or did he knowingly shaft us!
  • Options
    At least he's now 'forgiven' his keeper: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19468956
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    What I dont understand is how any of you understood what heck he was saying in that interview. All I could hear repeatedly was "Are they Mad" about 100 times.
  • Options
    Di canio is a football legend. A very gifted player and I'm sure he will have a long successful managerial career.

He is one of few entertaining people of football who speaks his mind and is true to his word.

The year he gave us changed my original opinion of him, he suddenly became a class act that was a bit mental but fun.
  • Options

Fully agreed NLA
  • Options
    If Paulo had become our manager after Parkinson going, then this site would possibly have been no more. God knows what it would been like on other Charlton forums.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

If Paulo had become our manager after Parkinson going, then this site would possibly have been no more. God knows what it would been like on other Charlton forums.

Why?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Saga Lout said:

shirty5 said:

Why?
    Just look at his actions since becoming Swindon manager. People on here would be sniping at each other every day over his antics.

Replace Fotheringham for Hamer
    Replace Caddis for Hollands
    Replace Clarke for Wright Phillips

In my opinion it would have been very messy on here.
  • Options

PaulCAFC said:

He was substituted for one error as the 2nd goal was not his fault. Feck me the way some prem keepers are playing at the minute they would have to have 3 keepers on the bench. Reina, Given, Cech and others have all made serious errors this season resulting in goals. Di Canio is wrong here. Taking off a keeper is always embarrassing for him. Not sure Wes dealt with it correctly though!

He's stated that it wasn't due to the error as everyone makes them, but due to the arrogance that he showed.

He'll do well.
    Pot, Kettle, Black?