Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Di Canio - Swindon Manager

Comments

• Options
    Do Canio would kill Barton. Do it!!!!

Ballotelli would make a joke of it.
  • Options
    Swindon and DiCanio will end in tears - you can put your house on it!
  • Options
    Swindon and DiCanio will end in tears - you can put your house on it!
    Or as that "wag " and former Swindon Director , little Willie Carson , might say , " you can put your horse on it "

• Options
    I know I'll probably get shot down on here for saying so but never really taken to the guy. Even as a player for us, although very good, for some reason I've never warmed to him and (from what I read about his views and methods) I don't go much for his personality either. Would have been very disappointed if he'd got the job instead of CP.

Powell has as much passion & energy as Di Canio, he just uses it in a more productive way. Anyone can jump up & down, waving their arms around in a technical area.................
  • Options
    Chris Powell is a much better bloke than Di Canio, and to be fair and give them time, think will prove to be a much better manager as well. Won't question that.

They have both very impressive full season managerial debuts.

Can't help but like Di Canio he had a great year with us and he is an entertaining character. Of corse he has no place in football management if he is found guilty of racism.
  • Options
    Didn't he tell scotty parker that he was best off jumping ship to chelsea

Never appreciated that
  • Options
    I would go as far as saying he was the most technically gifted player I've seen at the club. His skill and control was incredible.
  • Options
    "I would go as far as saying he was the most technically gifted player I've seen at the club. His skill and control was incredible"

You obviously didn't see Stuart Leary play!

• Options
    edited September 2012
    or Allan Simonsen
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Or martin pringle. So gifted HE didn't even know where he was going to take the ball!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is Italian, he speaks with passion, his heart and his hands, plus the racist remarks are throw away lines in Italy, if he said that back home it would not even make the papers.

He will need to learn quickly to stay in a job here
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    From what I get from a couple of articles he referred to a player by using his colour.

Not a derogatory term - just the colour. Presumably "knock it long to the black fella" or something along those lines.

As I say - I don't know the actual content but that's the implications. Now really.....is that worth all the column inches?

Same with the John Terry thing. He called Anton Ferdinand a "Black C***". This issue surrounds the use of the word black - so the other word is deemed perfectly acceptable then. But the fact of the matter is that Anton IS a black man. I really don't see the fuss.
    Don't get me wrong - I despise Terry as much as the next man but this is hugely out of proportion.

Would it get the inches of Anton called Terry a "White C***" - I somehow doubt it.

I expect I'll get a few people on here thinking I am some kind of neo-nazi but that's life.
  • Options
    "I would go as far as saying he was the most technically gifted player I've seen at the club. His skill and control was incredible"

You obviously didn't see Stuart Leary play!

or Allan Simonsen
    Or martin pringle. So gifted HE didn't even know where he was going to take the ball!
    Or Claus Jensen

• Options
    Used to be my favourite player but now that some player that he didn't rate has alleged that he called a black person "black", I hate him. I'm sure the bleeding hearted brigade will claim that some sort of evidence or proof should be supplied, but I don't need it. I feel so stongly about this I've started referring to my black mate as my "proud nubian brother of colour", which I'm sure he is "down" with, although he's not returned my last few calls.
  • Options
    totally agree with Swisdom's post
  • Options
    Just been announced on Sky Sports News that he has signed a 2 year contract extension with Swindon so looks like they will stand by him
  • Options
    I would say he is more likely to part with them by October than see out that contract extension.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    Throwaway racist reamrks in Italy? I thought Swindon were in the English League. You can say what you like about 'technically gifted' etc, the bloke is a nutcase and doesn't belong in our game over here. He should coach in Italy where he can throw away as many remarks as he likes.
  • Options
    Subbed off his keeper today after 20 minutes for taking an extra touch.

Lost 4 - 1 to Preston with Sodje and Beavon scoring.

Wonder if he will try for Wagstaff or Green on loan next week?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love Di canio and what he said about the keeper being 20 and had never played pro football before Di canio gave him the chance , he says we are talking about wes a 20 yr old league 1 keeper thinking he is untouchable and that is mad , we are not talking about petr cech we are talking about wes in league 1

The keeper made an error but I think Di canio is handling this wrong
  • Options
    The keeper was a bit upset. Noticed Paul Benson trying to have a word with him. Nice finish by the Sodj.
  • Options
    You could say he was a tad disapointed but his kicking the bottle demonstrated why he was subbed

Useless technique
  • Options
    edited September 2012

You could say he was a tad disapointed but his kicking the bottle demonstrated why he was subbed

Useless technique

LOL

Went further than his other clearance though ; - )

Wes did very well for Bromley at year or two back.

• Options
    He was substituted for one error as the 2nd goal was not his fault. Feck me the way some prem keepers are playing at the minute they would have to have 3 keepers on the bench. Reina, Given, Cech and others have all made serious errors this season resulting in goals. Di Canio is wrong here. Taking off a keeper is always embarrassing for him. Not sure Wes dealt with it correctly though!
  • Options
    Cawley has just said that supposedly Di Canio applied for the Charlton job before Powell got it.
  • Options

Cawley has just said that supposedly Di Canio applied for the Charlton job before Powell got it.</blockquote.

Before Parkinson as well, I even heard he offered to do the job for free.

• Options
    Swindon fans must idolise Di Canio after he turned their Club around last season . Seemingly an inspirational appointment.

However, there are 2 sides to this character ...think, Jekyll & Hyde.

For the sake of those supporters, let's hope that Mr Hyde is kept out of the picture.
  • Options
    My information was that there was talk of Powell ending up in the England coaching set up and Di Canio was appproached. Could be crap, but that is what I heard.