Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham

13»

Comments

• Options

West Ham will win the match at wembley provided they do not think all they have to do is turn up ,but I think they will win and they will return to where they belong the premier league

Sorry, but they don't "belong" in the Prem unless they get there. Just because they've been relatively fashionable/successful in the relatively recent past doesn't mean their rightful place is at the top table.
    How long will they need to be shit before people stop saying they "belong" in the prem? Two years? Ten? Fifty? I don't see anyone saying Huddersfield, Preston or Portsmouth "belong" in the prem, but they've had more league success in the past than West Ham.
    The fact is, you belong where you are. For the past three years, League One has been where we belong, Wigan belong in the Prem and if West Ham stay down, they'll belong in the Championship.
    No one has a god-given right to success just because their supporters and media cheerleaders are so arrogant to think they are "too big for this league".
    I totally agree with you that NO ONE HAS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO SUCCESS,but the fact is that West Ham have spent more of there time in the top div than outside it

This arrogant attitude is the very reason why I really really hate West Ham more than any other club. The numerous times they have been relegated they all cry they are too good to go down and they deserve to be in the premiership. No other club makes these sort of claims on this sort of level. Other clubs accept their relegation is a direct result of not winning enough games, scoring enough goals or performing well enough throughout the season. Wet Spam view relegation as something their enemies have unfairly forced upon them. Even clubs who get relegated because of docked points make less of a fuss than those cheating baXXXds.

Fat, bald, arrogant, scum bags.

And breath...
    Leeds are also very much like that too. They obviously won a European cup according to them. They also, based on attendances at some point in their past claim that really they are a top 5 prem club and the whole league would be better with them there in their rightful position.
  • Options

West Ham will win the match at wembley provided they do not think all they have to do is turn up ,but I think they will win and they will return to where they belong the premier league

Sorry, but they don't "belong" in the Prem unless they get there. Just because they've been relatively fashionable/successful in the relatively recent past doesn't mean their rightful place is at the top table.
    How long will they need to be shit before people stop saying they "belong" in the prem? Two years? Ten? Fifty? I don't see anyone saying Huddersfield, Preston or Portsmouth "belong" in the prem, but they've had more league success in the past than West Ham.
    The fact is, you belong where you are. For the past three years, League One has been where we belong, Wigan belong in the Prem and if West Ham stay down, they'll belong in the Championship.
    No one has a god-given right to success just because their supporters and media cheerleaders are so arrogant to think they are "too big for this league".
    I totally agree with you that NO ONE HAS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO SUCCESS,but the fact is that West Ham have spent more of there time in the top div than outside it

This arrogant attitude is the very reason why I really really hate West Ham more than any other club. The numerous times they have been relegated they all cry they are too good to go down and they deserve to be in the premiership. No other club makes these sort of claims on this sort of level. Other clubs accept their relegation is a direct result of not winning enough games, scoring enough goals or performing well enough throughout the season. Wet Spam view relegation as something their enemies have unfairly forced upon them. Even clubs who get relegated because of docked points make less of a fuss than those cheating baXXXds.

Fat, bald, arrogant, scum bags.

And breath...
    Leeds are also very much like that too. They obviously won a European cup according to them. They also, based on attendances at some point in their past claim that really they are a top 5 prem club and the whole league would be better with them there in their rightful position.
    Ah yes - like West Ham won the world cup. Maybe we could create a new league called the 'really special top flight league' where no clubs ever go down. And then have both teams in it - after all the fans of both are very 'special'.

By the way I agree with your comments about different rivalry and how this will affect gates. Our clubs have a rivalry based on a shared history (many of the older generation went to both) and a close proximity. Your issue with West Ham are different and whilst those games would be very intersting to 'some' types of fans I imagine many avoid them.
    Like our rivalry with Palace is based less on pure locatin and more on the events of the past. And theirs with Brighton is different but they have a local issue with us.
  • Options
    yeah and you clowns don't care about us yet still had your highest 'home' following in years for our visit when you tore us a new one
    & you keep regurgitating the same tired line along with many others on here. Who ever said that Millwall fans don't care about a game against their nearest & dearest?

We do. Just don't start thinking it's on the same level as West Ham or Palace.
    weird isn't it, that our third division fixture at senegal fields/new london stadium/new den attracted a bigger crowd than for your massive rivals in the higher division?

Not really when Millwall play West Ham or vice versa there is a limit on tickets first for away supporters, secondly when millwall play west ham at home only season ticket holders & members are allowed in

I accept that Millwall care more about West Ham than us , but this has little to do with matters on the pitch .

What I find interesting is that Palace will almost certainly sell out their allocation for the Valley but over the last two years they have taken around half of that number to the Den and that there were a lot less home fans at the Palace games than when we last played the Spanners despite no restrctions on their sale .

We will almost certainly be Millwall's highest attendance next season ,I suspect we will will not sell out the Valley against the Spanners when we certainly would against the Happy Hammers .

• Options
    I REALLY want them to stay down. Can't bear the media love in with them, plus I'm interested to see how they cope with the inevitable shedding of their best players. Also, it's a local derby.
    Unfortunately, I can't see it happening. They've strolled past Cardiff without breaking sweat and Brum and Blackpool just don't look good enough.
    Oh well.
    Anyway getting back to the original post - I hope they go up. For one thing if they're still in the Championship next season it makes it very hard for anyone to compete with the amount of money Gold and Sullivan are prepared to throw at the club to get them promoted. Secondly because I'm old school and have a genuine soft spot for the 'ammers. I think it'd be a disaster if they moved out of Upton Park. I've got fond memories of days over there stretching right back and moving to the Olympic stadium is just another in the long line of souless sell outs of what football has become under the illusion of more seats and the reality of corporate bullshit.

• Options
    I REALLY want them to stay down. Can't bear the media love in with them, plus I'm interested to see how they cope with the inevitable shedding of their best players. Also, it's a local derby.
    Unfortunately, I can't see it happening. They've strolled past Cardiff without breaking sweat and Brum and Blackpool just don't look good enough.
    Oh well.
    Anyway getting back to the original post - I hope they go up. For one thing if they're still in the Championship next season it makes it very hard for anyone to compete with the amount of money Gold and Sullivan are prepared to throw at the club to get them promoted. Secondly because I'm old school and have a genuine soft spot for the 'ammers. I think it'd be a disaster if they moved out of Upton Park. I've got fond memories of days over there stretching right back and moving to the Olympic stadium is just another in the long line of souless sell outs of what football has become under the illusion of more seats and the reality of corporate bullshit.

Fair point re: West Ham's spending power - don't know if they'll be able to attract big name players after another year in the Championship, but we may soon find out. I guess we'd have to deal with them dominating the TV coverage too.
    I still want them down though! :-)
  • Options
    frankboreoff why
    yeah and you clowns don't care about us yet still had your highest 'home' following in years for our visit when you tore us a new one
    & you keep regurgitating the same tired line along with many others on here. Who ever said that Millwall fans don't care about a game against their nearest & dearest?

ok i understand there are restrictions against west ham but there isn't against palace so why are there always more millwall fans in attendance at the visit of charlton than when palace visit??
  • Options
    Fat, bald, arrogant, scum bag.

You called ?
    ;-)
  • Options

weird isn't it, that our third division fixture at senegal fields/new london stadium/new den attracted a bigger crowd than for your massive rivals in the higher division?

Not really if you understood the circumstances. Millwall/West Ham games are rarely the biggest attendances for either club, for pretty obvious reasons.

If we hadn't have been so kind to open the lower tier for you as well as have general sale in the home ends for Charlton fans to buy, the gate wouldn't have been as high.
    That You've both got idiotic fans ?

• Options
    frankboreoff why

ok i understand there are restrictions against west ham but there isn't against palace so why are there always more millwall fans in attendance at the visit of charlton than when palace visit??
    Typically we've been playing Palace on Boxing Day, New Years Eve or New Years Day the last few times, so that obviously affects it. Seem to forget that we hadn't played eachother for a for a years either and it was a big local game for both of us going for promotion/play-offs etc.

I'd also say there are much more Millwall/Charlton friendships than Millwall/Palace and I know plenty of Charlton came along with Millwall mates that day.

Make no mistake, there is a rivalry and people care about beating you, particularly those of us based more in the Millwall/Charlton supporting areas as you've rubbed our noses in it for about 15 years!

If we're both in the championship for a few years along with Palace, then I guess the attendances will be fairly similar, with the west ham games being slightly lower.

To sort of put it in perspective, not many Millwall have been bothered that you've been promoted, barely a comment made, I for one quite like it as it'll be good to play you again next year.....that viewpoint wouldn't apply to palace as I'd quite happily see them relegated along with west ham.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So is it

A) "Make no mistake, there is a rivalry and people care about beating you, particularly those of us based more in the Millwall/Charlton supporting areas"

Or is it

B) "not many Millwall have been bothered that you've been promoted, barely a comment made"

Two quotes from the same spanner in the same post. Bizarre.

As usual SLL can't quite get his story straight but in the end it doesn't matter how much denial is taking place at the toolbox or SE9

Many Addicks don't like the Spanners. For most Spanners playing us is a big game. "Nuff said" as the East End Jocks playing in SE16 would say.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So is it

A) "Make no mistake, there is a rivalry and people care about beating you, particularly those of us based more in the Millwall/Charlton supporting areas"

Or is it

B) "not many Millwall have been bothered that you've been promoted, barely a comment made"

Two quotes from the same spanner in the same post. Bizarre.

As usual SLL can't quite get his story straight but in the end it doesn't matter how much denial is taking place at the toolbox or SE9

Many Addicks don't like the Spanners. For most Spanners playing us is a big game. "Nuff said" as the East End Jocks playing in SE16 would say.

Perhaps as usual you struggle to comprehend the concept. Many ain't fussed that you've been promoted, but when the game comes around it will matter. Not that hard to fathom is it.
    If you go & storm the championship & get promotion then more people will obviously be bothered about that!

Not quite sure what you struggle to grasp. Are you trying to convince yourself that every Millwall fan sees you as our main rival and froth at the mouth at the very mention of Charlton Athletic? If it makes you feel better then believe it. I know where you rank on our rivalry list and it's a long way below a few others.