Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn Pitch Invasion

Comments

• Options
    was the copper gonna give Keane a clump or two ?
  • Options
    Keane would have ironed out anything that was on that pitch
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Agreed.

Would love to have seen one of them kids front of him without the ob/stewards/hundreds of others...
  • Options
    Agreed I reckon he could look after himself but the death threats to him and his family a bit ott

24 hr security since September
  • Options
    Wigan - absolute credit to football in my opinion and Martinez deserves great praise. Remember he laid the foundations at Swansea as well.

As for Blackburn - glad they went down and nothing typified their season more than the last game against Spurs when they played with no one up front and had no shots on target. If I was a fan of that club, I would be protesting.
  • Options
    I liked the fan burning his season ticket at the end of the last home game of the season
  • Options
    I liked the fan burning his season ticket at the end of the last home game of the season
    Yeah - what a tit!
  • Options
    Another fan ran on the pitch and threw his season ticket into the dugout - but the wrong one.
  • Options
    None of these things happened when we went down!
  • Options

Well done Martinez. Wigan play good football, are entertaining, capable of beating the big teams and operate on the smallest budget.

Regarding the Blackburn fans it is noteworthy that not all fans vocally protested against the manager. As far as those that did campaign against Kean are concerned, well, when you are not happy about how your club is run, many people will choose to let those in power know. If this is unsuccessful outside the stadium, it becomes inevitable that it enters the stadium. Blackburn fans do support their local club (even if you disagree with the manner in which they choose to do so), when bigger and more glamorous sides are just down the road. Overall, feel sorry for the fans, as it is no fun being relegated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gotta love gazza nev as a pundit
  • Options
    Blackburn fans not leaving.
  • Options
    Fans singing "we want our rovers back".

Compared to where they were for most of the time when I first started going football, you could argue they've got just that!
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Poxy supported club with quiet meek fans
    they'd say the same about us
    NO THEY WOULDN'T COS WE'D F*CKING KILL EM!

;)

• Options
    That Madam is a potty mouth. Where's the fairy liquid?
  • Options
    Massive credit to Wigan and especially Martinez. Recent form has been outstanding and some of the football they have played has been great.
  • Options
    he should resign --god knows how he takes it ...........that team will not get back up they were awful and half will be gone

• Options
    Really don't get Blackburn as a football team they don't even fill their own ground.

I can understand why the Blackburn fans are feeling frustrated and angry but to slam the manager during the game is ridiculous.
    Neither do we!
  • Options
    Wigan are living the dream, each season they defy the odds and have added some famous victories which will live long in the memory. When Martinez leaves for a bigger job, they have a hell of a job trying to find the right replacement.

The fact they play football in the right way and their manager is so likeable makes it hard to begrudge them their success. Even though their away numbers are lousy :)
  • Options
    has their ever been a pitch invasion after a team has been relegated?
    Yes...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry Dazzler! I was only trying to make a little joke. I'll be good now.
  • Options
    they'd say the same about us

Difference is they couldn't fill their ground when they won the prem, we can fill ours winning league one! And our ground is bigger than theirs, much bigger than ewood was in 95.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    What's going on at that club is an absolute, utter disgrace. They are being bled f***ing dry and are in far, far more danger of being liquidated later down the line than any other club in the country. They might not be able to fill their stadium every week, but they have a fanbase that is at least as big as ours and don't deserve to have their club pissed away down the drain.

How would any of us feel if next season the Mysterons decided to sell us to a bunch of asset-stripping shitehawks like Venkys, employed a moody 'football agent' as a consultant, who promptly gave a list of 'preferred signings' to Powell, then sacked him when he said they didn't fit with what he wanted, sold Jackson, Solly, Kermo and Morro and replaced them with Alan Smith, that shit right back who played for Preston at the Valley this year (name escapes me), Lee Hughes and Miguel Llera, employed Les Reed as manager again and gave the aforementioned agent's son (who had played one game for Aberdeen in his entire professional 'career') a two year pro contract? And then gave the bloke who they brought in in place of Powell (after steering the team into the relegation places) a PAY RISE?

I'm guessing that, if we were placed in that situation ourselves, we'd understand why the fans there are pissed off at Venkys and Kean.
  • Options
    Very well said.
  • Options
    It`s all good saying "half of their players will go" but which ones? Apart from Hoilett I don`t see anything worth having in that team.
  • Options
    So does anyone know what the Venky's plan is (assuming there is one)? The club will be even less attractive to a potential purchaser now they are relegated, with few players with any sell on value and a small fanbase. I can also see Blackburn doing a double drop.

As for the owners selling up and making a profit (as they hope to do) we shouldn't be naive about the intentions of the Mysterons either. They are businessmen who hope to get a return on their investment. Our hope must be that they don't asset-strip CAFC at some future date. So far the signs are positive.
  • Options
    Sorry Dazzler! I was only trying to make a little joke. I'll be good now.
    Good good.
  • Options
    What's going on at that club is an absolute, utter disgrace. They are being bled f***ing dry and are in far, far more danger of being liquidated later down the line than any other club in the country. They might not be able to fill their stadium every week, but they have a fanbase that is at least as big as ours and don't deserve to have their club pissed away down the drain.

How would any of us feel if next season the Mysterons decided to sell us to a bunch of asset-stripping shitehawks like Venkys, employed a moody 'football agent' as a consultant, who promptly gave a list of 'preferred signings' to Powell, then sacked him when he said they didn't fit with what he wanted, sold Jackson, Solly, Kermo and Morro and replaced them with Alan Smith, that shit right back who played for Preston at the Valley this year (name escapes me), Lee Hughes and Miguel Llera, employed Les Reed as manager again and gave the aforementioned agent's son (who had played one game for Aberdeen in his entire professional 'career') a two year pro contract? And then gave the bloke who they brought in in place of Powell (after steering the team into the relegation places) a PAY RISE?

I'm guessing that, if we were placed in that situation ourselves, we'd understand why the fans there are pissed off at Venkys and Kean.
    Great post. I have no idea why Blackburn fans are being blamed for their current predicament!
  • Options
    Great post. I have no idea why Blackburn fans are being blamed for their current predicament!
    because the Mass media are so lazy and can't be arsed to find out what the real problems are as it's only Blackburn. Just easier to moan at the fans and blame them.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I think it's the fact that they're going to end up going down by around 6 points, so just 2 wins. The media, pundits, etc. can't believe the sheer amount of effort their fans have taken in bashing the manager instead of supporting their team, when doing the later may well have resulted in them staying up. There are times to chant against the manager, every game throughout the whole season doesn't seem to be the time. They nearly went down last year, they have a weaker squad this year. That's not the managers fault, one of their few bright sparks was Kean's signing, Yakubu, without whom they'd have been relegated months ago.

I'm not sure what the Blackburn fans expected this year. They can't afford to replace Kean, even if they could afford to sack him who would they get in to manage that bunch of players with no budget and the fans chanting against the owners every game, and probably the manager too if he didn't start winning straight away.

It's easy to have sympathy with the Blackburn fans, they have got a bunch of chancers as owners and a manager who probably isn't up to the job, but I can't help feeling that if the club had really pulled together then they would have finished, just about, safe.