Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Tower

124»

Comments

• Options
    on a slightly different subject but still to do with the Olympics...

does anyone know what’s going on with that cable car thing over the Thames? is that still happening or have they given up with the idea?
    It's built now- called the Emirates Airway or something like that.

emirates airway....sigh.

have you seen it? does it look alright?
    weird that ive seen no news in the papers about it.
    I've seen it. Looks great and will defo be having a go across on it.

• Options

I am with Lincs on this one.

Another millionaire's vanity subsidised by the overtaxed and under represented UK public in the name of the biggest two week corporate vanity project of all time.

If anyone thinks that drugged up elite athletes dashing about on TV to sell more burgers and training shoes made by children in Bangladesh will help Britain, just ask the Greeks.

Just remember when you cant get to work for two weeks that the biggest legacy of these games is improved transport infrastructure.

We might be depressed, unemployed, rained on in a drought and lied to by morons on the take but we can all be proud to be British...we have the Olympics and the legacy of a subsidised steel tower that looks like its constructed from fossilised pubic hair.

(LOL)

• Options
    Miserable sod
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the £15 was picked from the air. The monument is only £3 to go up if you want a bargain.
    Have they put a lift in it yet?
    I don't think they could. The stairs are the fun bits though, I got to the top and spun down again, no interest in the view at all.

I think Lincs was a chimney sweep as a boy.

should I be so lucky !
  • Options
    Miserable sod
    It's just like the Charlton threads - so much negativity before a starting pistol has been fired and by all the usual suspects.

All we need is Oohaah telling how small the Peruvian away support is at the arena to top it.

Lincs conveniently still hasn't answered the qusestion about the £150m of tax payer money that has reduced the debt on The Humber Bridge last month. Perhaps we should rename it the MacDonalds Bridge?

• Options
    BTW, the price is cheaper then the O2 walk way, which is £22.
  • Options
    BTW, the price is cheaper then the O2 walk way, which is £22.
    How many times did the AEG guy mention 'experience'!

Next!

• Options
    your not even allowed a camera on the O2 'Experience'
  • Options
    How do you know so much about such irrelevant boring things. How much research have you done to know that the O2 walk way costs £22 and your not even allowed a camera on the O2 experience!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Can everyone just stop fucking moaning. It does my head in.

If you think it would be better elsewhere, emigrate (please), and if not get on with it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 I moved to Atlanta to get away from the moaners...don't fecking send them this way!!!!
  • Options
    Lets all just accept that the people who decided from day one they did not want it in London will continue to move the goalposts, despite evidence to the contrary, and wait for twenty years when they are telling their kids and grand kids about where they were when the Olympics came to town and then put their kids and grand kids right about what Granpa said at the time...
  • Options
    Lets all just accept that the people who decided from day one they did not want it in London will continue to move the goalposts, despite evidence to the contrary, and wait for twenty years when they are telling their kids and grand kids about where they were when the Olympics came to town and then put their kids and grand kids right about what Granpa said at the time...
    So true

Stadiums would never be built on time cos we can't build things WRONG

No one will want to go, loads of empty seats WRONG

Now it's the transport system will collapse. I'll stick my neck out and say WRONG again

The moaners are now reduced to moaning about a £3m spend on a piece of modern architecture
  • Options
    How do you know so much about such irrelevant boring things. How much research have you done to know that the O2 walk way costs £22 and your not even allowed a camera on the O2 experience!
    Read the standard
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I think there are also the neutral classes. I can't wait to see the tower, being a lover of all things Kapoor, but I'm perfectly happy to watch bits of the Olympics on the box as I can't afford to do otherwise, and even if I did have the readies, my eyesight would let me down. I hope that the Olympics will prove to be of benefit to Great Britain plc, but as I'm also highly aware of the seedier & nastier side of all things Olympic, my feelings are very mixed. I hope that the people who are going will really enjoy the experience but I also hope that I may be allowed to opt out without being labelled as a moaner or with being unpatriotic.