Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gary Neville

Comments

• Options
    Interesting, I assume he can combine this with his Sky told ? I actually think he's been a great addition this year
  • Options
    Superb appointment
  • Options
    Great appointment.
  • Options
    One thing though, is it wise to hand out four year contracts for this sort of role ?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    i think thats a very good move from roy, read that phil is also very highly regarded for this sort of thing in the future too
  • Options
    i called for this on the thread about his pundit skills. brilliant addition to the england camp.
  • Options
    Probably wrong, but, didn't "Red Nev" once say that "England meant nothing (to Me) compared with Manchester United" ?
  • Options
    Don't most people care more about their clubs though ?
  • Options
    England means nothing to me compared to charlton. Having said that I have changed my attitude like others since cappello resigned and now really looking forward to the euros. Passions back in the England camp and it's great news Gnev is going as a coach for a few reasons. Great appointment.
  • Options
    A cynical appointment with the sole aim of getting the media back onside.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure appointing Neville would have that effect. Personally like Neville but I know so many people that hate him!
  • Options
    If you watch sky he's been nothing short of superb this season. I know a good pundit doesn't make a good coach, but Neville's football brain is far superior to anyone elses I know in the media. Hopefully he can transfer that brain into his coaching. Also would be a good wise head for the players to come to, as he knows the lifestyle and the way modern football is. More importantly, he comes across as a winner. Great appointment in my opinion.
  • Options
    Not sure appointing Neville would have that effect. Personally like Neville but I know so many people that hate him!
    But the media in general love him. Like Redknapp a lot of people might personally hate him but he is a media favourite. Since becoming a pundit, Nevilles standing in the media has increased ten-fold.
  • Options
    it might help persuade Scholes back into the squad
  • Options
    Did anyone see this coming? I know I didn't.

Quite surprised after the comments he made about England before. A good appointment though as he is a recent player and knows most of the players currently in the team and actually played alongside some of them.
  • Options
    it might help persuade Scholes back into the squad
    Should take Bobby Charlton as well then!!
  • Options
    Good choice .. but perleessse .. NO Beckham
  • Options
    How fitting that the english Man City players will still have to kiss the a##e of a Man Utd player to ensure they play at International level. This is probably the only thing the Man Utd fans have left to savour.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    If he performs as well as he does a pundit we'll be alright , still down to the quality of players , will be interested to see the Euro Squad.
  • Options
    How fitting that the english Man City players will still have to kiss the a##e of a Man Utd player to ensure they play at International level. This is probably the only thing the Man Utd fans have left to savour.
    I think the problem will be quite the reverse. A Man U player kissing the ar$eS of other clubs to get them to release their players for international duty. I don't know that any player who is good enough to play internationally has ever beeged to be picked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I think the problem will be quite the reverse. A Man U player kissing the ar$eS of other clubs to get them to release their players for international duty. I don't know that any player who is good enough to play internationally has ever beeged to be picked.
    I did but Bobby Robson ignored the letters. Regretted it when he was looking for a cool collected penalty taker in Rome against the Gerrys.

Shame

• Options

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options

i meant as in, in and around the training ground, not as in being picked.

• Options
    If Hodgson does well and survives the next four years then Neville will be his replacement.
  • Options
    Can see Kyle Walker really doing well with Nevilles guidance, if he wouldn't already have done really well!
  • Options
    Interesting, very interesting indeed, if his skills and obvious knowledge can be transferred to coaching (and I don't see why they shouldn't) then he could be veyr good indeed. As to all the 'Man Utd vs England' bit, well, he's not a Utd player any more.... and his pundit skills never seemed overly biased (to me any way.)
  • Options
    Great decision by those involved, passionate about the game and will get the respect from the players.
  • Options
    End of the day it will take more than Neville to get anywhere
  • Options
    A lot of experience as a player, but none to date as a coach.

Just because someone speaks well on TV and can coin a snappy phrase doesn't make him a great coach, I presume that he has the badges etc, but it's big step up.
  • Options
    Probably wrong, but, didn't "Red Nev" once say that "England meant nothing (to Me) compared with Manchester United" ?
    You is right MOG. Every Man U fan I have met tells me their club is bigger than England. They don't form this opinion in isolation to the club's players and officials etc.

And "if the Nevilles can play for England, so can I"